X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I paid $40 last year. Lucky Dip tickets! Got club seats at the Horseshoe.

Blue and Lonesome is supposedly the album title.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Yeah, that setlist isn't anything for me to get excited about. Certainly nothing worth an appreciable amount of money to truck myself out to a stadium to see. Not even worth youtubing for free.

I only got to see them once in 1989. And it WAS a pretty great show. However, nothing I've seen/heard from them in subsequent years has made me want to see 'em again. Without a doubt, one of the greatest rock bands ever, and one of my favorite rock bands ever. But as a live act they've been on cruise control for nearly 3 decades now, and nobody will convince me of anything otherwise.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Blue & Lonesome will be released December 2.

1. Just Your Fool
        2. Commit A Crime
        3. Blue And Lonesome
        4. All Of Your Love
        5. I Gotta Go
        6. Everybody Knows About My Good Thing
        7. Ride 'Em On Down
        8. Hate To See You Go
        9. Hoo Doo Blues
        10. Little Rain
        11. Just Like I Treat You
        12. I Can't Quit You Baby

And a minute of Just Your Fool

Last edited by twonabomber; 10-06-2016, 12:18 PM.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Like what I'm hearing so far. Stones take it back to their roots. Not bad at all for a bunch of 70+ year olds
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

The second track is a Howlin' Wolf tune. Great.

The rest isn't "overknown" stuff apparently. I wish they did another album with new material, playing blues music is something inspirational.
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Don't forget about the tracks Mick and Keith did on the Jimmy Rogers tribute

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Then there was that album Mick cut with The Red Devils in a single one day, no overdub session. This was around the same time he was recording the "Wandering Spirit" album (which ended up being his best solo album in any case) but in the end, Mick & producer Rick Rubin decided not to use any of this stuff for the album.

It's been bootlegged under a dozen or so different names since then, of course......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

Wandering Spirit is a stellar album to me too. He's in top shape vocally.
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Always liked this version slightly better than the album version.... another one of those things Bob Clearmountain ruined, but he didn't have nearly as much to chop off of this song..... And somehow the ending got chopped off, but other than that....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This is NOT the version of Claudine which eventually came out on the last Some Girls remaster.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

From the El Mocambo Club gig in Toronto 1977 - same show that Side 3 of Love You Live came from. Hopefully the entire show will be another official Stones Vault release in the near future.... but until then, here's the shitty sound quality version.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...