No announcement yet.

"The Rolling Stones" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 1966 according to Keno's page which has the details on damn near every thing the Stones ever recorded....

That would mean it was probably from the "Between The Buttons" sessions
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• viewimage.jpg

To me the most interesting track in that compilation is this cover of Muddy Water's "Catfish":

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Keith Richards ‘Main Offender’ (30th Anniversary Edition) featuring the previously-unreleased Keith Richards & the X-Pensive Winos “Live In London ’92” concert - available March 18: https://keithrichardsBMG.lnk.to/mo30ID

Pre-order on red vinyl, super deluxe boxset, & CD: https://keithrichardsBMG.lnk.to/mo30ID
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
            Keno's page
            Never been on there until today. His album rankings are questionable. He's got Exile tied with A Bigger Bang and both of those behind Voodoo Lounge. Dirty Work is at the bottom, which I agree with.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

As it's often the case in the last few Rolling Stones albums, I particularly like the reggae tune in Main Offender, "Words of Wonder".

Just like "Too Rude" in Dirty Work or "You don't have to mean it" in Bridges to Babylon (one of the only two tracks taht worth it in the latter IMO), "Words of Wonder" has the interest of being Keith music that makes reggae become catchy. Steve Jordan is at ease with that, and the bass sound is really deep and huge.

Between Talk is Cheap and Main Offender I'll always prefer the former, though, and hands down. Way more solid tracks in it, I only skip the one feturing Mick Taylor, "I could have stood you up", which to me leaves 10 tunes out of eleven, which is excellent.
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• from the new official David Letterman YouTube channel

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise View Post
                  As it's often the case in the last few Rolling Stones albums, I particularly like the reggae tune in Main Offender, "Words of Wonder".

Just like "Too Rude" in Dirty Work or "You don't have to mean it" in Bridges to Babylon (one of the only two tracks taht worth it in the latter IMO), "Words of Wonder" has the interest of being Keith music that makes reggae become catchy. Steve Jordan is at ease with that, and the bass sound is really deep and huge.
                  Keef probably does reggae better than any other white man in history. UB40?? Not even close.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Keef probably does reggae better than any other white man in history. UB40?? Not even close.
                      Wingless Angels is a good, sittin' outside early on a Sunday morning watchin' the sun come up listen.

Comment

• One summer in France with the Stones: Dominique Tarlé's photo diary from his six months in the French Riviera...
                        The striking, mostly black and white images, show the Rolling Stones in their prime after they moved to the now infamous Villa Nellcote in 1971 to escape the 'tax collector' at home.

Some pretty cool images...
                        Originally posted by sadaist
                        I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Great photos, but not a single Mick Taylor sighting??
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• He was probably rehearsing all the time. You can hear it listening to Exile on Main St.

Comment

• Yeah, but some of those rehearsals were pretty damn good themselves....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Jagger on his Instagram: "A little downtime before things get busy!"

The Roof Nightclub is in Port Antonio, Jamaica. A couple hours from Ocho Rios, which is where Keith has a place. Hmmmm?

Comment

Working...
                                X