Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Brian acted as the "manager" before Oldham was around, so that would be a good guess. Though I don't see anything that looks like "Jones" in the signature, the initials "L" and "B" are obvious enough.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
      Captioned "Coming October 6." First single? Or a warm-up club show the day before the first Desert Trip weekend?

The billboard matches the previous pictures, so this must be the cover art for the blues album, and thus probably the single. But there will probably be a club gig somewhere in Southern California, as that's always standard Stones practice before starting a tour. If they weren't already rehearsing in California, I would suspect the usual Toronto clubs, but it's not likely they're going to make a side trip to Canada at the moment.

Vegas, Phoenix, or Tucson wouldn't be out of the question though. All within a day's drive.

The Rolling Stones official YouTube channel is now also using the "Blues" artwork as their official icon avatar, though there aren't any new songs posted there yet. Give 'em a couple days....
      Last edited by FORD; 10-02-2016, 01:03 PM.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And now the teasers are starting to roll out on You Tube. First you get a short view of the studio....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

...and finally, a VERY brief teaser of some actual music. Again with the reminder that something more substantial will be available on the 6th.....

Definitely has that classic Stones blues sound.....
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Looks like the warm-up show was in Vegas last night, for a gathering of Freightliner execs. Stones played Mick's Demotions (see what I did there?) for the first time since the Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle tour.

The Rolling Stones Perform Mixed Emotions For First Time Since 1990

by Paul Cashmere on October 4, 2016

in News

The Rolling Stones performed a private show in Las Vegas on Monday with a special addition to the setlist…’Mixed Emotions’ for the first time in 26 years.

The show at the Bellagio Hotel was a warm-up show for the upcoming Desert Trip show in India, California this weekend.

‘Mixed Emotions’ was the first song back after the unofficial break-up of the Stones in the 80s. Keith Richards and Mick Jagger had hit a wall after the ‘Dirty Work’ album and the band fizzled to a grinding halt for a number of years with Mick and Keith exchanged barbs at each other like a couple of Gallagher brothers.

When they returned with Steel Wheels, they launched with ‘Mixed Emotions’ which many interpret as the final slap down for Jagger by Richards. While the song is titled ‘Mixed Emotions’ many read it as “Mick’s Emotions’ (You’re not the only one with Mick’s emotions). It was a clever line Keith got away with all the way to the album.

Despite being a hit song, Jagger stopped performing it until he found out … until now. Maybe he finally gets the joke.

Rolling Stones setlist 3 October 2016, Las Vegas

Start Me Up (from Tattoo You, 1981)
            You Got Me Rocking (from Voodoo Lounge, 1994)
            It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It) (from It’s Only Rock N Roll, 1974)
            Out Of Control (from Bridges To Babylon, 1997)
            Tumbling Dice (from Exile On Main Street, 1972)
            Wild Horses (from Sticky Fingers, 1971)
            Mixed Emotions (from Steel Wheels, 1989)
            Honky Tonk Women (single, 1968)
            Miss You (from Some Girls, 1978)
            Gimme Shelter (from Let It Bleed, 1969)
            Brown Sugar (from Sticky Fingers, 1971)
            Sympathy For The Devil (from Beggars Banquet, 1968)
            Jumping Jack Flash (single, 1968)
            (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (from Out Of Our Heads, 1965)

The Rolling Stones will return to Las Vegas on 19 October, 2016.

Kind of a tame setlist, and minus Doom and Gloom pretty much what I saw in Columbus last year.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

I really like mixed emotions, played it in bands and stuff and I never even thought about the whole Micks emotions/ demotions etc .
              Probably a load of shite but funny anyway.
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's mentioned in the liner notes to one of the Virgin "hits" releases, Jump Back: The Best of the Rolling Stones. Richards denies it now.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

Very uninteresting and unsurprizing setlist for sure...

And Jagger is still such a bore on the harp...
                  Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 10-05-2016, 08:42 AM.
                  posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                  posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Nov 2004

A pearl harp bore, though.
                    Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 10-05-2016, 12:18 PM.
                    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Looks like they had a good time in Havana though....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Nov 2004

The Jag can still handle a huge crowd and manage pretty quick dance steps. And his voice is still there.

Cool - even if that isn't my fave Stones tune...

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

Keith looks like French singer Brigitte Fontaine mo' 'n' mo'...

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

Sorry for Keith...

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                              Very uninteresting and unsurprizing setlist for sure...

And Jagger is still such a bore on the harp...
                              A gathering of trucking company execs might not be the place to play a rare track. We'll see what the Desert Trip shows and the Vegas shows bring.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

You know what...who gives a shit about the setlist. It's the fucking Stones. They are out there, they play and they rock.

I've paid more than 600 $ to see their last tour and it was worth every penny! Keith's last solo album makes me smile while I drink my morning coffee and I'm excited what their next album as a band will sound like.

These guys do it just for the fun if it. Do they make a shitload of money? Sure...but they love what they do. Watch them rehearse! These fuckers still jam! They are still a band! Not like some assholes I signed up here for in the first place.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk
                                Roth Army Icon
                                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Working...