No announcement yet.

"The Rolling Stones" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people say Homer provides a bad example to modern men ...

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• goddamn it.... never mind. Mick tricked me again, the big lipped bastard.
      Last edited by FORD; 07-03-2013, 08:11 PM.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Originally posted by VHscraps View Post
        I use "Get iPlayer" to rip BBC iPlayer content - it's something someone has put together for ripping content they do not want you to obtain. Not sure if you can use it outside the UK unless you are using a proxy or something. The material that you get from it is the same quality as the BBC iPlayer streaming quality. I doubt it is HD, but it scales up very well from a MPG file on a computer to, say, a 42-inch TV (which is my largest TV), and is better than the broadcast quality of a lot of channels.
        Never heard of this program until I saw this post yesterday. Haven't tried to record anything with it yet, but I'm getting the listings, so it looks like it might work. Supposedly the articles talking about it say that it bypasses the "Brits only" restriction that you get on the BBC website itself. That would be most excellent if it worked AND if BBC carried the Stones show on Saturday.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It works on windows - it's a command prompt prog, easy to use (see instructions). BBC iPlayer content is usually available for a week after first broadcast.

I don't think the Stones' upcoming show is on the schedules. The four BBC TV channels - schedules etc - can be found here:

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Looks like a job for FreeRapidDownloader....

FreeRapid downloader - simple downloading from file share archives
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• OH? How about this....the RAW satellite feed....15 gigabytes:

Comment

• Went to the HOF the other day to check out the Stones exhibit. Didn't take pics of everything, since I've seen a lot of the stuff and am pretty familiar with the story. Some of the things on display are just relocated from other parts of the hall. The exhibit runs a year or so, I can always go back and hope it's not as busy.

Couple cool old pics

Downstairs, near the entry to the exhibit

These were cool, from the Licks tour rehearsals in Toronto. They'll rehearse a song and if they decide to keep it in the lineup it gets written down.

And this was downstairs by Al's drum kit. Backdrop for the Beggars Banquet press conference

Last edited by twonabomber; 07-14-2013, 05:40 AM.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Comment

• Full Glastonbury at youtube:

Comment

• Best Stones cover, EVER!

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...
                              X