Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Charlie Watts is a great drummer. Hard to believe the Stones are still performing. Mick, Charlie, and Kieth still sound good after all those years.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
      Undeniable that Aerosmith were hugely influenced by The Stones (and Smith have never denied it), but Aerosmith also took that influence and made it into something all their own. Like, even just referencing their 1970s output, I have never considered Aerosmith a half-assed Stones copy band.
      The Stones are hard to copy. Keith Richards has a very unique guitar sound and I've never heard anyone nail it except for Keith. You don't hear too many bands cover Rolling Stones songs for that reason. It's just not going to sound right.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

¡Olé, Olé, Olé! A Trip Across Latin America will finally hit Blu-Ray and DVD on May 26.

The film was given a strictly limited theatrical release around Europe in September 2016, and North America in November 2016, and broadcast on the UK’s Channel 4 in December 2016. ¡Olé, Olé, Olé! A Trip Across Latin America makes the perfect companion piece to the Havana Moon release from Autumn 2016. The DVD and Blu-ray release will also include seven exclusive bonus live tracks from the tour with a running time of over 50 minutes.

¡Olé, Olé, Olé! A Trip Across Latin America follows the Rolling Stones on their 2016 tour through ten Latin America cities, whilst at the same time trying to stage their first ever concert in Havana, Cuba, a colossal once-in-a-lifetime open air free show, the likes of which Cuba had never seen before. The film captures the unique chemistry that exists between the Rolling Stones and their Latin American fans, a bond that has stretched across many years.

As well as the full film, the Bonus Features on this release offer a collection of incredible full length performances from the Latin American tour:

1) Out Of Control (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

2) Paint It Black (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

3) Honky Tonk Women (Sao Paulo, Brazil)

4) Sympathy For The Devil (Sao Paulo, Brazil)

5) You Got The Silver (Lima, Peru)

6) Midnight Rambler (Lima, Peru)

7) Miss You (Lima, Peru)

Featuring electrifying live performances, intimate moments with the band members, anticipation and reaction from the fans, and all the twists and turns of staging the Havana concert !Olé, Olé, Olé! A Trip Across Latin America is a portrait of a vital band still at the very top of their game.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Early "raw" take here from the Undercover sessions. Mick singing verses, Keef singing choruses. Though the vocals are too muddy to hear exactly WHAT they're singing. Instrumentally it's about the same as what would make it to the album, only less overproduced.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Undercover was okay.

Great title track. Point of fact, I REALLY like that track.

She Was Hot. Decent enough for a goof. Was never effective for me when I listened to just the audio outside of the promo video context: without Anita Morris wiggling her ass and shaking her tits as a visual aid to the music, actually just sitting there and listening to She Was Hot is a bit of a chore/bore.

Too Much Blood was interesting.

Too Tough and All The Way Down are a bit stale/stock where the Stones are concerned.

Actually, the track I might like best on the record is Must Be Hell. Sure, it's a bit of a Honky Tonk Woman/Soul Survivor recycle in terms of the riffs, but Keef wrote 'em so he can rejigger 'em if he likes.

I honestly can't remember how the other tracks go. What the fuck were they...Too Rude and Pretty Beat Up? Or were those on Dirty Work? No, I'm pretty sure Pretty Beat Up was on Undercover...I'll have to give those a re-listen.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

It was always something about Keith's guitar playing, Charlie Watt's drumming style, and the way Bill Wyman's bass sounded I liked. Charlie could throw in some cool fills, Bill's bass just sounded great, and Keith was just cool. Name anyone else that sounded like those guys and you can't. Good stuff. More than just Mick and Keef.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, Bill was good... when he bothered to show up for the sessions. A lot of songs over the years ended up with Keef or Woody playing bass on the track. Or on the rare occasion Mick Taylor (Fingerprint File) and even Mick Jagger on this one.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

Proto-"Tumbling Dice". Sounds much better than on the old boot I bought 25 years ago.
                  posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                  posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                    Proto-"Tumbling Dice". Sounds much better than on the old boot I bought 25 years ago.
                    That's because it was officially released on the Exile remaster a few years back. One of the few songs on the bonus disk that wasn't "enhanced" with overdubs recorded 40 years after the fact. Of course this was technically not even from the Exile sessions, as it was recorded in 1970, but since it did evolve into Tumbling Dice, they decided it belonged on the remaster. I already had it on 5 or 6 bootlegs in various quality myself before then, of course.

Ironically enough, there seems to be some dispute whether it was Bill Wyman or Mick Taylor who played bass on the album version of "Tumbling Dice". Whatever the truth is there, I know that both of them did a great job on the live version of that song on the 72 & 73 tours.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I like Undercover's Tie You Up and Keef's Wanna Hold You.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Nov 2004

"Undercover" was the first studio album I got, at the same time as "Still Life".

Back then I remember I thought "All the way down" was mainly out of key. And I still find something weird in that tune.
                        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise

Back then I remember I thought "All the way down" was mainly out of key. And I still find something weird in that tune.
                          Maybe they should have kept the musical arrangement in that one the way it was in the demo? I actually like it better.

Half the problem with Undercover was that Mick was trying to hard to compete with the "new wave" bands that were all over radio & eMpTyV at the time. Horsehit! When you're the goddamned Rolling Stones, you don't have to sound like anybody but yourselves!
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Stones Announce 2017 European Tour

Published on May 9, 2017

The Rolling Stones will play thirteen shows in twelve different venues, across Europe, in September and October. STONES - NO FILTER sees Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie, back where they belong, out on the road, playing to packed stadiums.

9 September Hamburg, Germany Stadtpark

12 September Munich, Germany Olympic Stadium

16 September Spielberg, Austria Spielberg at Red Bull Ring

20 September Zurich, Switzerland Letzigrund Stadium

23 September Lucca, Italy Lucca Summer Festival-City Walls

27 September Barcelona, Spain Olympic Stadium

30 September *Amsterdam, Holland *Amsterdam ArenA

3 October *Copenhagen, Denmark *Parken Stadium

9 October *Dusseldorf, Germany *Esprit arena

12 October *Stockholm, Sweden *Friends Arena

15 October *Arnhem, Holland *GelreDome

19 October *Paris, France *U Arena

22 October *Paris, France *U Arena

This STONES - NO FILTER European tour follows last year’s ground-breaking tour of South America culminating in the historical concert in Havana, Cuba.

As always, the Rolling Stones will treat their European fans to a set list packed full of classics such as, ‘Gimme Shelter’, ‘Paint It Black’, ‘Jumpin' Jack Flash’, ‘Tumbling Dice’ and ‘Brown Sugar’, but they will also include a couple of unexpected tracks each night, and randomly selected surprises from their formidable arsenal of songs. For all of the European No Filter shows, the Stones will be unveiling a spectacular new production and state of the art stage design.

Keith Richards said, “Hey Guys, here we come. See you there!!!!”

Mick Jagger said, “I'm so excited to be touring Europe this Autumn and returning to some familiar places and some we've never done before.”

The tour, produced by Concerts West, kicks off at The Stadtpark in Hamburg on Saturday September 9 and then heads for Munich (Germany), Spielberg (Austria), Zurich (Switzerland), Lucca (Italy) Barcelona (Spain), Amsterdam (Holland), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dusseldorf (Germany), Stockholm (Sweden), Arnhem (Holland) and rounds up with two shows in Paris (France) at the brand new ‘U Arena’, the first concerts to be staged at this venue.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...