• WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

jewtube!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Most (if not all) of the 1981 tour was professionally recorded for the purposes of the "Still Life" live album and the "Let's Spend The Night Together" movie. Pretty much all of the shows have surfaced as soundboard audio bootlegs, and many have as video. Ironically the one show I'm sure I've never seen the video of is the Kansas City show, which was Mick Taylor's first live appearance with the band since the 1973 tour. I do have an audio boot of that show though, and it's a bit of a disappointment (given Taylor's involvement) because it would seem that he didn't rehearse with the band, so it ended up a case of him and Woody being afraid to "step on" each other, and neither one playing the solo on cue. The bootleg was titled "Guitar Onslaught" (which came from a comment Jagger made during the show) but the actual results are not so much. Which may explain why none of this show ended up in the movie.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Green Manalishi
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2010

Hey Ford - to your knowledge , is there a bootleg of the 11 - 19 - 1981 St. Louis show ? Somewhere I have a cassette tape of the local classic rock station broadcasting live from the show but only between songs as they were simultaneously playing the studio cuts as the Stones were cranking them out .

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Looks like Keef ain't wasting any time here... the Stones tour ends on Wednesday the 15th, his new solo single is released on Friday the 17th, with the album to follow in early September.

The single hasn't leaked out online yet, so it must be something about not pissing Mick off by distracting folks from the tour.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
              Hey Ford - to your knowledge , is there a bootleg of the 11 - 19 - 1981 St. Louis show ? Somewhere I have a cassette tape of the local classic rock station broadcasting live from the show but only between songs as they were simultaneously playing the studio cuts as the Stones were cranking them out .
              I don't have that particular show, but apparently it does exist. Found a soundboard in FLAC format listed on another board....

Apparently whomever recorded the original soundboard tape forgot to turn the recorder on (or put the tape in) until most of "Under My Thumb" was over, but aside from that it's apparently a good quality recording.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                the Stones tour ends on Wednesday the 15th, his new solo single is released on Friday the 17th, with the album to follow in early September.
                Believe it when I hear it. Keith said his third studio soling outing would be out last November. So fuck him.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jul 2010

Originally posted by FORD
                  I don't have that particular show, but apparently it does exist. Found a soundboard in FLAC format listed on another board....

Apparently whomever recorded the original soundboard tape forgot to turn the recorder on (or put the tape in) until most of "Under My Thumb" was over, but aside from that it's apparently a good quality recording.
                  Thank you Ford . I checked out that site / Thanx again .

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                    Believe it when I hear it. Keith said his third studio soling outing would be out last November. So fuck him.
                    Now you can believe it.....

New Keef, but it sounds like it could have been on Exile.......
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jul 2010

....and on the 8th. day Keef said , " Let there be riffs........"

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
                        ....and on the 8th. day Keef said , " Let there be riffs........"
                        Love all of the guitar tracks, yet it's a shame the way the vocal is buried. Sounds like a mid-seventies Bob Dylan tune.

Not bad, though, after a few listening's and booze.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Igosplut
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Doing the amount of reading I do, I
                          read where Keith is really suffering fro arthritis is his hands..To the point it affects his playing.
                          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Is Steve Jordon playing on this latest Keith offering? Sure as shit doesn't sound like it. Does sound like Waddy Wachtel's highly annoying Strat playing trading barbs with Richards.

So far this tune sounds better than anything on a A Crappier Bang. What a disappointment that was eh, kids?

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Oddly enough, some of the riffs Keef is playing here remind me of the original demo version of "Start Me Up" which is now 40 fucking years old!

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                                Is Steve Jordon playing on this latest Keith offering? Sure as shit doesn't sound like it. Does sound like Waddy Wachtel's highly annoying Strat playing trading barbs with Richards.

So far this tune sounds better than anything on a A Crappier Bang. What a disappointment that was eh, kids?
                                Yeah...I'm sure the great Keith Richards gives a flying fuck what your opinion of his music is.....

Do SOMETHING with your life besides hitting the fucking bong and spamming threads on a message board and then talk to us.
                                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

Working...