"The Rolling Stones" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by private parts View Post
    My Friend just saw them in Houston- said it was outstanding. Me? I got to see Alice Cooper this weekend and Rob Zombie and Manson last week.
    Good shows no doubt, but I would trade all that and then some for a Stones show.
    If you get a chance to see John 5 solo, do it. Great shreddin' show.

I have been to one Stones show every time they've toured North America since Steel Wheels in '89. I was already on vacation, I figured why not. This was my 9th Stones show, fifth that I've road tripped.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
      If he was in his 30s maybe but at 76??

I know he is crazy fit for his age but I don't see it.

The sternotomy alone is going to slow him down.

I'm away to eat my fucking hat!

Comment

• Jagger was running all over the place. Pace of the show was pretty much the same as it's ever been.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• We will be going to the Seattle Rolling Stones show on the 14th. Had the tickets before Mick announced his heart problem and fortunately the rescheduled show works with my schedule.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
            We will be going to the Seattle Rolling Stones show on the 14th. Had the tickets before Mick announced his heart problem and fortunately the rescheduled show works with my schedule.
            The original schedule would have been okay, I might have gone to one of the Chicago shows or could have flown to Houston the weekend of my birthday.

I had half of July off and this first week of August. I bought a car at the end of May and had to give it a road trip test . Got a hotel room in PA near one of our plants, I wasn't sure I wanted to stay in NJ and it was only an hour and a half to Metlife.

I was out in the middle of nowhere on a 60 mile bike ride a week ago and started thinking I didn't want to break my streak of one show every time they toured NA. Got home and started looking at tickets and hotels. Decided Saturday I was going and got the ticket and reservation.

They're mixing up the sequence a little bit, Sympathy early in the set instead of late, and the vote song was fifth. We got Harlem Shuffle, played for the first time since 1990. And six of the nine songs off Let It Bleed. The Licks show I saw here was mostly Exile.

The production is always great, sound too. Still much better than when I saw them in '05. If I had to base a recommendation on that '05 show I would tell people the Stones are done, don't go, but they've really picked it up the three tours I've seen since.

You're getting Lukas Nelson as an opener, too. Great opening set. I had no idea he produced the music for A Star Is Born and was in the movie as Bradley Cooper's backing band. Sounds like his dad, but I didn't realize it until I looked him up on YouTube.
            Last edited by twonabomber; 08-08-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• "You got the silver" from Let it Bleed is a fine choice. They played it in Paris in 2003, it was great, though Keith's voice was really shot, his aura did all the job.
              I remember a version of Sympathy where he messed the lead guitar about one year ago... Has he gotten better?

It's nice to read they sound better than some 15 years ago.

"Monkey Man" in the set is great too. Just too bad they never played it in the late 60s, early 70s.

Mick Jagged is definitely an incredible person.
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
                If you get a chance to see John 5 solo, do it. Great shreddin' show.

I have been to one Stones show every time they've toured North America since Steel Wheels in '89. I was already on vacation, I figured why not. This was my 9th Stones show, fifth that I've road tripped.
                LOL! Just got John 5 tix for November in Nashville last night!
                sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Just looked up the dates, I see J5 is here on Halloween. I'm already off, I'll go to that too!

Comment

• Well, that wasn't bad at all...
                    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• The one above is from 2003. This one was done recently, sounds better, doesn't it?

Comment

• Saw the Stones Wednesday night. They did great! One thing I didn’t know was Mick is quite the guitar player. It was in a big NFL football stadium but it really did seem like a blues club at times. The sound engineers did a great job.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Early take of Ruby Tuesday here. I've never heard this before now, so it's possibly one of those songs that was briefly "leaked" to YouTube by Klein's greedy brats on New Years, and somebody managed to grab it before it was deleted....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• And now... live from the carnage of Altamont itself......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• No Filter US Tour 2020 announcement rumored for Feb 6.

Be on the lookout for tongue billboards.

Another rumor says tour starts in San Diego, with later stops in Louisville and...Cleveland!

Comment

• Rumored cities, from Shidoobee:

San Diego, St. Louis, Atlanta, Cleveland, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore, Nashville, Charlotte, Tampa, and Vancouver Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X