X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 78/84 guy
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by gbranton
    But did not include "Me Wise Magic" and "Can't Get This Stuff No More", so the correct total would be 75.
    Lets hope that gets closer to 100. I thought the new Stones song I heard was good. Stupid that Bill & Taylor are not on it. I swear some band's and their managment just don't give a fuck about the fans.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
      They sound very different from usual here - Charlie does above all.

Not knowing it's them I would have sworn it was Jagger solo, and certainly not the Stones.

Very surprising to me.
      Charlie Watts is actually one of my favorite drummers. He does some great fills and interacts with the guys up front very well. Bill Wyman is actually one of my favorite bass players too. Then you had Keef tuning his guitar like a banjo. I tried to get his sound for years and I read his autobiography and he spilled the beans. It's banjo tuning and yeah man, it gets that famous Stones sound.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The banjo tuning shouldn't come as much of a surprise, considering Keef's earliest influences were mostly country music, before he discovered Scotty Moore, Chuck Berry, and the blues.

And he's still known to tear it up country style every now and then too. With the Stones, or with country legends like Willie Nelson or George Jones....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Yount
          Commando
          • Jan 2012

But did not include "Me Wise Magic" and "Can't Get This Stuff No More", so the correct total would be 75.
          What about Stick it Out, Redline Deadline, Top-down 60 and Smile, A Toast..., Shooting Star, Independent's Day, Phoenix Jam, Lucy Likes Six-inch Spikes, The Neutron Sound, Midnight Boogie, Adrenaline Push, Sabulossa, Zipperface, 2K, Guys and Dolls or Third Time Aground? LOL

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Yount
            What about Stick it Out, Redline Deadline, Top-down 60 and Smile, A Toast..., Shooting Star, Independent's Day, Phoenix Jam, Lucy Likes Six-inch Spikes, The Neutron Sound, Midnight Boogie, Adrenaline Push, Sabulossa, Zipperface, 2K, Guys and Dolls or Third Time Aground? LOL

I do not know these songs about which you speak.
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Yount
              Commando
              • Jan 2012

I do not know these songs about which you speak.
              Oh they were supposed leaked titles for the 2000 album that Roth and Halen had made, totally BS of course. I wanted to believe it then - but some of those song names... eh, they just didn't sound VH.
              Last edited by Yount; 10-15-2012, 05:33 AM. Reason: *Maybe it wasn't BS, maybe it was one of those ten albums that Eddie said he has (or was that in his head?)

Comment

• Mr Walker
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

This is weird... The Stones doing business with Vince McMahon???
                But Vince does know a thing or two about pay-per-view...

- The Rolling Stones will return to the stage with four arena shows in London and New Jersey this winter. The band will perform at London’s O2 Arena on November 25 and 29, and then perform at the Prudential Center in Newark on December 13 and 15. The December 15th concert, entitled One More Shot, will be televised live via pay-per-view at 9pm ET and will be distributed by WWE.

“WWE is ecstatic to bring The Rolling Stones into your living room, live on Pay-Per-View for One More Shot, the last date of their 50th anniversary shows,” said WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon.

Endemol and promoter Dainty Group will co-manage the international digital rights to the four concerts in London and Newark.??

Even weirder... that's David Johansen pictured in that hollywoodreporter article (unless they changed it by now).
                Last edited by Mr Walker; 10-15-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I have just about everything the Stones have ever officially released but every hard core Stones fan knows they have tons of songs that were recorded during more of their album session that were never to see the light of day. I found out recently that one of their worst albums (probably the worst) 'Undercover' had over 18 songs recorded for it that were never on the record and that these outtakes were better than the record itself.

If Jagger is so god damn money grubbing hungry then why doesn't he release this material in affordable packaging? The 'Some Girls' reissue was quite impressive but expensive as well. I'm sure the output of their mediocre 80's material that was never released might have some gems in it.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Problem with the outtakes from the Undercover sessions is that no decent sounding boots have surfaced as of yet. The existing tapes are all muddy as hell.

Considering how there's great sounding stuff available from Stones sessions all the way back to goddamn 1963, it's very odd that only the mid 80's stuff can't get a decent bootleg release. The Dirty Work session bootlegs are mostly muddy too.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

I heard Confessin the Blues on the radio this weekend. I couldn't believe it.

Right off 12 x 5 .

Turns out it was Steven Van Zant's show.
                      That guy loves 60's rock.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Black N Blue sessions, January 1975, with some guy named Jeff playing guitar.........

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                          Black N Blue sessions, January 1975, with some guy named Jeff playing guitar.........

Is that they guy Keef mentioned in his book to replace Taylor ? I'm to lazy to find it. Rory Gallagher was on the list and meet with them. But he bailed after he saw the condition they were in I think he said. Lol.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Nah I was being slightly sarcastic. The guy named Jeff who plays on that track is actually a famous guitarist.......

and I suspect he didn't want Mick & Keith to be his bosses, since he was used to doing his own thing, ever since he quit the Yardbirds. I doubt he was ever seriously a candidate for a permanent gig with the Stones.

So they hired his old bass player instead.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• gbranton
                              Veteran
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                              Nah I was being slightly sarcastic. The guy named Jeff who plays on that track is actually a famous guitarist.......

That guy plays guitar? I thought he was a hot rod builder.
                              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• WARF
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Brand new ROLLING STONE, "Doom And Gloom"

Vintage Rolling Stones!!! Wow!!! From the upcoming album ,"GRRR!"

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rPFGWVKXxm0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rPFGWVKXxm0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
                                Last edited by WARF; 10-18-2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Working...