Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

I have an original Some Girls vinyle copy and love to play it. One of my fave Stones album.

I also have a first American issue of Sticky Fingers, got it for € 5 as the guy told me the record might not play entirely.
    A thick, heavy record.
    It skips in the beginning of the second side on Bitch.

It's a well-know fact that bass guitar will especially stand out on vinyle records, but it's all the more so true on the Stone's albums.
    Bill Wyman was a fantastic bass player.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
      Pretty sure the Universal remaster dropped "black girls just want to fuck all night."
      "... I just don't have that much jam" as the next line goes
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Rolling Stones Prep Live Album Featuring Lady Gaga, Bruce Springsteen

spin.com
        Rolling Stones Prep Live Album Featuring Lady Gaga, Bruce Springsteen
        Jonathan Cohen
        2–3 minutes

The Rolling Stones‘ guest-packed Dec. 15, 2012, show at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., will be released as GRRR Live! on Feb. 10 by Mercury Studios. The concert aired live on pay-per-view but has not been commercially available until now. Many formats include a limited edition set list print from guitarist Ronnie Wood.

The show came three days after the historic 12-12-12 Hurricane Sandy benefit concert at Madison Square Garden, where the Stones shared the stage with Roger Waters, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, and the Who, among others. In Newark, Springsteen returned to guest on “Tumbling Dice,” while Lady Gaga duetted with Mick Jagger on “Gimme Shelter,” the Black Keys played on “Who Do You Love?,” Gary Clark Jr. and John Mayer lent extra guitar firepower to “Going Down” and former Stones guitarist Mick Taylor appeared for “Midnight Rambler.”

The DVD and Blu-ray editions of GRRR Live! also include three songs from the Dec. 13 show in Newark: “Respectable” (also featuring Mayer), “Around and Around” and “Gimme Shelter.”

The Stones wrapped their 60th anniversary tour in August in Berlin. The group has yet to announce any touring plans for 2023.

Here is the track list for GRR Live!:

“Get Off of My Cloud”
        “The Last Time”
        “It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll (But I Like It)”
        “Paint It Black”
        “Gimme Shelter” (with Lady Gaga)
        “Wild Horses”
        “Going Down” (with John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr)
        “Dead Flowers”
        “Who Do You Love?” (with The Black Keys)
        “Doom and Gloom”
        “One More Shot”
        “Miss You”
        “Honky Tonk Women”
        Band Introductions
        “Before They Make Me Run”
        “Happy”
        “Midnight Rambler” (with Mick Taylor)
        “Start Me Up”
        “Tumbling Dice” (with Bruce Springsteen)
        “Brown Sugar”
        “Sympathy for the Devil”
        “You Can’t Always Get What You Want”
        “Jumpin’ Jack Flash”
        “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction”

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• silverfish
          Foot Soldier
          • Mar 2007

THE ROLLING STONES Honored With U.K. Collectible Coin For 60th Anniversary

"THE ROLLING STONES collectable coin is the fifth in The Royal Mint's "Music Legends" series,
          which celebrates legendary British artists through original new designs. This latest coin follows
          designs in honor of music icons QUEEN, Elton John, David Bowie and THE WHO and has become
          one of The Royal Mint's most popular global coin collections."

Full story at:
          The Royal Mint, the official maker of U.K. coins, has launched a new collectable coin celebrating the iconic British rock and roll band THE ROLLING STONES. THE ROLLING STONES collectable coin is the fifth in The Royal Mint's "Music Legends" series, which celebrates legendary British artists through...
          Originally posted by sadaist
          I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Just finished reading the Watts bio, Charlie's Good Tonight. It's okay.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
              Just finished reading the Watts bio, Charlie's Good Tonight. It's okay.
              I saw it for sale on Amazon.

I'm basically rock star bio'd out anyway, but seeing that the new Watts bio is authorized makes me less likely to want to read it. Someone commented that the book barely makes a passing reference to Watts going a bit off the rails in the 1980s re: drugs, which leads me to believe the book was pretty sanitized.

The Stones, Beatles and Led Zeppelin have been beyond overdone in terms of video/print bios and documentaries, anyway.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Yup, they blew right over the addiction phase.

It's kind of a collection of quips from everyone, about everyone.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I think most people are still unaware that Charlie even HAD a "drug phase". Hell, I thought I knew damned near everything about the Stones, and I didn't even know about that until long after the fact. He certainly seemed like the last guy in the band who would go that route. Ironically, that left Bill Wyman as the guy with the least bad habits in the band. Think all he did was chain smoke cigarettes and a little bit of weed. (talking about substances here, not his affection for the teenage girls, which was entirely a different matter)
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And before I forget.... Happy 79th birthday, Keef!!

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      I think most people are still unaware that Charlie even HAD a "drug phase". Hell, I thought I knew damned near everything about the Stones, and I didn't even know about that until long after the fact. He certainly seemed like the last guy in the band who would go that route. Ironically, that left Bill Wyman as the guy with the least bad habits in the band. Think all he did was chain smoke cigarettes and a little bit of weed. (talking about substances here, not his affection for the teenage girls, which was entirely a different matter)
                      I remember Mick saying "Charlie wasn't doing well" when asked why they didn't tour Dirty Work.

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Shirley Watts...dead

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                          I saw it for sale on Amazon.

I'm basically rock star bio'd out anyway, but seeing that the new Watts bio is authorized makes me less likely to want to read it. Someone commented that the book barely makes a passing reference to Watts going a bit off the rails in the 1980s re: drugs, which leads me to believe the book was pretty sanitized.

The Stones, Beatles and Led Zeppelin have been beyond overdone in terms of video/print bios and documentaries, anyway.
                          Originally posted by FORD
                          Charlie looked especially stoned in the 1969 footage, and in the Miss You and Emotional Rescue videos. On stage he was always in great shape though.

R.I.P to his wife. Charlie was the only Stone who kept the same for all his life. Respectable!

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Allegedly this is a leaked track from that new album the Stones have been working on for years now.......

let's just say it kind of gimme gimme gimme the honky tonk blues.....
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Something's not right. Not enough "weaving."

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Maybe... but if they recorded it in 2020/21... it's a little hard to do "weaving" when you're on different continents.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...