X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

On Air is sitting on the counter and I haven't listened to it yet.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

More No Filter tour dates

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

The Stones are still a great act to see. They still deliver the goods and still sound great.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And now "live" from Keef's basement....

Not really anything you haven't heard before, just some raw Exile demo stuff. Not sure how this tape just surfaced recently, considering Nicky Hopkins has been dead a while now, but apparently this was a tape he smuggled out with him......

The one thing this tape prove is how criminally they treated Mick Taylor on the official studio releases. Just listen to "Rip this Joint" on this tape, and note the difference in the guitar tracks.

About 19 minutes in, they start playing a ballad around the same tempo of "Angie" or "Wild Horses", though it's neither of those songs. Keef, Mick Taylor, Hopkins, Bill & Charlie all sounding great here, so surprising that it never made it to the album. Maybe they just had too many slow songs on the record already?
          Last edited by FORD; 02-28-2018, 03:45 PM.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Goddamn it, when I find out who the RIAA troll is on this board I'm going to cut their head off and shit down their throat. Die in a fire Nazi YouTube destroyers.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Keith Richards Apologizes to Mick Jagger for Vasectomy Joke

Keith Richards apologized to Mick Jagger for joking in a recent Wall Street Journal interview that his 73-year-old bandmate should get a vasectomy. Jagger and girlfriend Melanie Hamrick welcomed their first child (and Jagger's eighth child) Deveraux in December 2016.

"Mick's a randy old bastard," the Rolling Stones guitarist said in the profile that published Wednesday. "It's time for the snip—you can't be a father at that age. Those poor kids!" After the interview was printed, Richards issued a statement apologizing for suggesting that Jagger undergo a vasectomy.

"I deeply regret the comments I made about Mick in the WSJ which were completely out of line. I have of course apologized to him in person," Richards tweeted.

Richards' swipe at Jagger didn't prevent the Rolling Stones from announcing a European leg of their No Filter Tour earlier this week, an 11-date trek that includes the band's first U.K. gigs in five years.

Elsewhere in the interview, Richards promised Rolling Stones fans that a new album from the band will arrive, eventually. "I'm going to sound like Trump – 'It will happen; don't worry about it' – but it's in the early stages," he said. "We have some stuff down, which is very interesting. It's more difficult for us to write together the further apart we are, but it also has its benefits in that we come back to it from a different angle."

The Rolling Stones last released Blue and Lonesome, their album of blues covers, in December 2016.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Keith in the WSJ

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                  Keith Richards Apologizes to Mick Jagger for Vasectomy Joke

Keith Richards apologized to Mick Jagger for joking in a recent Wall Street Journal interview that his 73-year-old bandmate should get a vasectomy. Jagger and girlfriend Melanie Hamrick welcomed their first child (and Jagger's eighth child) Deveraux in December 2016.

"Mick's a randy old bastard,"
                  Now we know who Keef was trying to sing about here.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Not very encouraging comments from Charlie though....

theguardian.com
                    Charlie Watts: it wouldn't bother me if Rolling Stones split
                    Mark Brown
                    2/27/18

Charlie Watts, the 76-year-old Rolling Stones drummer, who with his septuagenarian colleagues has announced the band’s first UK dates for five years, has said that if the band ended tomorrow that would be fine.

“I love playing the drums and I love playing with Mick and Keith and Ronnie, I don’t know about the rest of it,” he said. “It wouldn’t bother me if the Rolling Stones said that’s it ... enough.”

The Stones have announced they will be playing in London, Manchester, Edinburgh and Cardiff during May and June, with tickets going on sale on 2 March. Given that they formed the band 56 years ago and their combined ages are 294, that is somewhat remarkable.

“I don’t know what I would do if I stopped,” Watts said. “Keith is a great one for saying once you’re going, keep going. The big worry for me is being well enough. We don’t work like we used to fortunately. There are huge gaps between each show.”

Many musicians and artists of a certain age would now be considering their legacy but not Watts, who said he was amazed at the reaction to David Bowie’s death. “I thought people would have been very sad obviously, and he was a lovely guy and he wrote a couple of good songs. But for me, he wasn’t this musical genius.”

Watts said he had no idea if the current “No Filter” tour would be the last. “For me, I would like to be standing on Sunday 8 July at the end of the show in Warsaw. That’s as far as I can see.”

The hard-living days are long over, commented Watts, who said he had not drunk alcohol or smoked for some time. “We are getting to that elderly period, so it’s a good thing not to. When you’re 40 and you’ve got a hangover you get up and have another drink and you’re off again. I don’t think we could do it nowadays ... at this age. Smoking and drinking are not like they were in the 50s. In the 40s and 50s every film star smoked. You’d never see a film star now drinking or smoking, it’s not fashionable, I’m glad to say. In another way it has ruined jazz clubs ... they are totally unlike what I would consider a club. They have become very clinical.”

If the band ever call it a day he hopes it will be without rancour. “I would hate it to dissolve not amicably. I would like Mick to say, or me or Keith or whoever ... I don’t want to do it any more, for whatever reason, and we just say that’s it. I wouldn’t want it to be an argument or whatever.”
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Charlie has said that for a long time. I think he owns thoroughbreds, he'd probably rather tend to those.

The Keith comment and apology made me LOL. After 50 years you can't bust a friend's chops?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Charlie being Charlie. A lot of these guys love doing the shows but hate all the traveling and waiting around. For many, the show is the only good thing about being on the road.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          Charlie has said that for a long time. I think he owns thoroughbreds, he'd probably rather tend to those.

The Keith comment and apology made me LOL. After 50 years you can't bust a friend's chops?
                          They were talking about this comment on Danny Bonaduce's show this morning. Danny thought the part that might have offended Mick was when Keef said "poor kids". Though realistically, what are the odds that Mick will be alive to see this kid graduate from high school? He's in good health for 73, but 91 is still statistically a long shot.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            They were talking about this comment on Danny Bonaduce's show this morning. Danny thought the part that might have offended Mick was when Keef said "poor kids". Though realistically, what are the odds that Mick will be alive to see this kid graduate from high school? He's in good health for 73, but 91 is still statistically a long shot.
                            What's even more amazing is Danny Bonaduce is still alive.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Actually that's true, considering two of his TV siblings have died. I'm sure even Danny didn't think he would outlive them. He's managed to stay sober for quite a while now, even while working at a radio station that brands it's own microbrew and sponsors whiskey tasting events.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

The time of the member Birthday threads are long gone here so I turned fucking 50 these Days. (With Matt White on the forgotten day in February)

Got 2tix for the Stones Gig in June. Great present. My third show and I'm looking forward to it!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
                                Roth Army Icon
                                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Working...