Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Probably why it's never turned up on a bootleg. At least none that I've heard (as opposed to Criss Cross which has been on dozens of them)
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

At least the Stones think about their fans - and their bank accounts too, let's not be too naive - releasing their vaults.

Some of them are stellar (Marquee 1971), some stuff sucks, and it's surprising they eventually published it and then got "exposed" in very poor shape, like LA Forum 1975 (ooh my, how horrible )...
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2004

You might find a coronavirus vaccine in Keith Richards' blood. The only guaranteed survivors of the pandemic are insects and Keith Richards.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So it looks like Goats Head SuperDeluxe isn't the only Stones vault release out in September......

Yep, it's the Stones Atlantic City pay per view show from the Steel Wheels tour... presumably without the goofy 3D gimmicks that were in the edited version that aired later on the Fox network. (Historical note: this is the show where Keef wanted to take out a certain Orange Imbecile with his pocket knife)

Apparently nobody's updating the Rolling Stones Archives website during the Cheetoplague (they don't even have Goats Head Soup listed and that's been in the pipeline for over a month now) but I just happened to stumble across this on Amazon. They're taking pre-orders at $23.49 for a DVD & 2 CDs. Same setlist on both, of course.

1. Intro 2. Start Me Up 3. Bitch 4. Sad Sad Sad 5. Undercover Of The Night 6. Harlem Shuffle 7. Tumbling Dice 8. Miss You 9. Terrifying 10. Ruby Tuesday 11. Salt Of The Earth (featuring Axl Rose & Izzy Stradlin) 12. Rock And A Hard Place 13. Mixed Emotions 14. Honky Tonk Women 15. Midnight Rambler 16. You Can’t Always Get What You Want 17. Little Red Rooster (featuring Eric Clapton) 18. Boogie Chillen (featuring Eric Clapton & John Lee Hooker) 19. Can’t Be Seen 20. Happy 21. Paint It Black 22. 2000 Light Years From Home 23. Sympathy For The Devil 24. Gimme Shelter 25. It’s Only Rock n Roll (But I Like It) 26. Brown Sugar 27. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction 28. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Funkmonkey
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

Steel Wheels was one of the Rolling Stones highest grossing revenue tours at $200 million. Those net worth websites have Richards and Jagger each at $500 million. The numbers are staggering.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                So it looks like Goats Head SuperDeluxe isn't the only Stones vault release out in September......

Yep, it's the Stones Atlantic City pay per view show from the Steel Wheels tour... presumably without the goofy 3D gimmicks that were in the edited version that aired later on the Fox network. (Historical note: this is the show where Keef wanted to take out a certain Orange Imbecile with his pocket knife)

Apparently nobody's updating the Rolling Stones Archives website during the Cheetoplague (they don't even have Goats Head Soup listed and that's been in the pipeline for over a month now) but I just happened to stumble across this on Amazon. They're taking pre-orders at $23.49 for a DVD & 2 CDs. Same setlist on both, of course.

1. Intro 2. Start Me Up 3. Bitch 4. Sad Sad Sad 5. Undercover Of The Night 6. Harlem Shuffle 7. Tumbling Dice 8. Miss You 9. Terrifying 10. Ruby Tuesday 11. Salt Of The Earth (featuring Axl Rose & Izzy Stradlin) 12. Rock And A Hard Place 13. Mixed Emotions 14. Honky Tonk Women 15. Midnight Rambler 16. You Can’t Always Get What You Want 17. Little Red Rooster (featuring Eric Clapton) 18. Boogie Chillen (featuring Eric Clapton & John Lee Hooker) 19. Can’t Be Seen 20. Happy 21. Paint It Black 22. 2000 Light Years From Home 23. Sympathy For The Devil 24. Gimme Shelter 25. It’s Only Rock n Roll (But I Like It) 26. Brown Sugar 27. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction 28. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
                Ghey. Steel Steals was a market attempt after a failed Richards solo album and GAWD knows how many shitty failed Jagger solo efforts. The Stones suck tea coaster balls off of a dead Easter bunny when playing live. There is no amount of remastering that can ever help them. These motherfuckers should be bitch slapped for their crimes.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Keef's solo album was great. Admittedly, Mick's first two solo albums were not his best work (though his third, "Wandering Spirit" was excellent.)

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

One of the writers in Musician magazine gave Talk Is Cheap a great review and then said Jagger was up studio musician creek without a paddle.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      Keef's solo album was great. Admittedly, Mick's first two solo albums were not his best work (though his third, "Wandering Spirit" was excellent.)

Make No Mistake has a Curtis Mayfield vibe.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Guess Mick's bored. He's doing remixes of 47 year old "newly released" songs now.... though I think I actually like the bass line better in this version....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Oddly enough, the one thing that will apparently NOT be part of the Goats Head Superdeluxe is the original recording of "Silver Train", which dates back to the Sticky Finger sessions. But of course, so did half of the tracks that surfaced on the "Exile on Main Street" remaster from a few years back. So you gotta settle for the muddy bootleg version indefinitely, I guess....

And if you're familiar with Johnny Winter's cover version of this song, you'll notice it sounds a lot more like this one than the official Goats Head Soup track.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Here's the last of the three "New" songs from Goats Head Superdeluxe. This one was previously titled "You Should Have Seen Her Ass" in the bootleg universe.

I'm pretty sure the vocals here are new recordings by 77 year old Mick, but the music is vintage Stones with Charlie & Mick Taylor especially at the top of their game here

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Nov 2004

Way much better than that Scarlet bore.

And it isn't the 30-year-old Jagger singing here, I agree. He had to find occupation during all these weeks spent in his French castle, too.
                              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• silverfish
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Mar 2007

Bill Wyman Auction Breaks Records for Highest Selling Bass Guitar, Amplifier
                                Novelty Rolling Stones toilet cover also earns honor of most expensive toilet seat cover sold at auction

An auction boasting items from Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman's collection broke multiple records, including most expensive bass and amp.
                                Originally posted by sadaist
                                I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

Working...