Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

Hopefully we are getting closer to another tour, speculation is building.

Guitarist Richards said this week that the Stones have met up for "a couple of rehearsals", fanning the fire of rumors that a new world tour may be in the works.

Richards would not go so far as to say when the quartet comprising himself, Jagger, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood would be performing in public again.

"There's things in the works - I think it's definitely happening," he told British broadcaster the BBC. "But when? I can't say yet."

"We're playing around with the idea and had a couple of rehearsals - we've got together and it feels so good."
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Satan
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Satan
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Don't know how the HELL this got left off of "Between The Buttons".......

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

It's rare to get a decent sounding YouTube but
          Keith really kills on the right channel on this one.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Sometimes happy....sometimes blue....sometimes stoned out of our minds, right Keef?

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Officially, the New Barbarians never made an album.. But when Ian McLagan put out his first solo album in 1979, well, who better to play on the album than the guys he was touring with at the time......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• loucap81
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2012

I'm so glad I got to see them once before it's over, back in October 2005 in Philadelphia. Even if you're just a casual fan (which I am), seeing a Stones show is something every rock and roll fan should get to experience. They might do some shows this fall: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/celeb...r-7941838.html

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by loucap81
                  I'm so glad I got to see them once before it's over, back in October 2005 in Philadelphia. Even if you're just a casual fan (which I am), seeing a Stones show is something every rock and roll fan should get to experience. They might do some shows this fall: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/celeb...r-7941838.html
                  They rehearsed with Bill Wyman... What a nice surprise! Maybe Mick Taylor will join them on stage too for a couple of tunes?
                  posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                  posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• VHscraps
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2009

Stones in studio (Jagger confirms)

A story in todays UK Guardian on newspaper / website etc.

Rolling Stones recording in Paris studio
                    Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts spotted leaving recording studio in French capital

Exil sur la rue principale … The Rolling Stones recording in Paris. Photograph: Rankin/Reuters
                    The Rolling Stones are recording in France, according to a tweet by Mick Jagger.

"Had fun in the Paris studio this week!" Jagger wrote on Thursday. The accompanying photograph shows the singer holding a guitar in a studio crowded with instruments.

Last week, the Stones were photographed leaving a French studio. An enterprising fan identified the location as Studio Guillaume Tell in Paris. According to Stones expert and archivist Nico Zentgraf, the session was produced with long-time collaborator Don Was, with Chuck Leavell on keyboards and Darryl Jones on bass.

The relatively short studio time suggests that the band are not recording a full album – it is more likely they have laid down new songs for inclusion on a greatest hits set due this autumn. Although the group spent time together earlier this summer, they were reportedly practising old material, not recording new songs. "It was like playing in the garage, a maintenance check," Keith Richards explained to Rolling Stone.

Besides a special logo and the announcement of a new documentary, the Rolling Stones have yet to unveil plans for their 50th anniversary. "Exciting news [is] coming soon," they wrote in a Facebook post this month. In July, Jagger told the Evening Standard that the Stones had plans to perform live "in the autumn".

On Monday, the band revealed that the aforementioned documentary, Charlie Is My Darling – Ireland 1965, will premiere at the New York film festival on 29 September. It incorporates footage from their first professionally shot live performance.
                    Last edited by VHscraps; 08-28-2012, 06:19 PM. Reason: added additional links
                    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
                      Veteran
                      • Jul 2009

Mick's photo - don't know if this embed will work

Last edited by VHscraps; 08-28-2012, 06:48 PM.
                      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

What's curious about that photo is the SG right behind Mick.

Can't remember Keef, Woody, or Mick himself playing an SG in recent years. But it was Mick Taylor's favorite guitar back in 1969/70/71. (He used a Les Paul on the 72/73 tours)

Wonder if Mick Taylor or Bill Wyman had any part of these new studio sessions?
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• VHscraps
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FORD
                          What's curious about that photo is the SG right behind Mick.

Can't remember Keef, Woody, or Mick himself playing an SG in recent years. But it was Mick Taylor's favorite guitar back in 1969/70/71. (He used a Les Paul on the 72/73 tours)

Wonder if Mick Taylor or Bill Wyman had any part of these new studio sessions?
                          I recall seeing either a photo or film clip with Mick Jagger playing a white SG with black scratchplate - in performance, probably early 80s.

Maybe some of those guitars are Mick's?
                          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, I guess that SG might be his after all, since he apparently had it on the 1981 tour....

....though I swear I only saw him playing a Strat when they were at the Kingdome on that tour...... but then, I was in the nosebleed seats
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• gbranton
                              Veteran
                              • Aug 2005

Playing four dates in 2012?

"Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Only London and New York?

Who the fuck do they think they are, Pink Floyd??
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...