No announcement yet.

"The Rolling Stones" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big takeaway from that Rolling Stone article is the confirmation of what I and others have long expected to hear.....

Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman WILL be involved in the upcoming shows. Guess I'll have to find somebody with a big screen and a cable box for the pay per view show.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• And here's another one of those songs that sounded better before it was chopped up and over-produced.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• I want Ladies and Gentlemen on 180 gram vinyl and I want to pay $25. I have $25 for you Mick... Put out something fresh you dolts. I have 20 copies of Jumpin' Jack Flash and Ruby Tuesday...

Ford, you can come over to watch the PPV but you'll have to use my Superbowl XL commemorative bathroom. And it's about 3100 miles away from you.
        gnaw on it

Comment

• "Ladies and Gentlemen" is the Stones at their very best.

Thzt said, they were already at their top on the '73 Tour - in Brussels for instance.

Keith commenting on that show last year was awesome, he looked so delighted and so impressed by the band,
          especially complimenting Bill and Charlie ("a revelation").

Mick fucks his part up by saying first that "Billy Preston was there", which is totally unimportant (Preston was rather a nuisance
          than anything else to the Stones on stages with his sloppy keyboards and vocals).

Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 10-25-2012, 06:18 PM.
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• 2/3rds of men go bald by 60.

Doing the sums that means the chances of all 4 men in their 60s all keeping their hair is around 1.2%

So which of them are actually bald do you think?

Comment

• None of them is bald, I think. Another unusual thing about them - hair longevity.
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Charlie.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• There's been a few times in recent years that I thought Mick might be wearing a rug. And you know his vanity would never let him go on stage bald

Woody too, for that matter. His hair seems to be completely unchanged from those Faces BBC videos from 1972, and is that even possible??

Keef seems to be wearing either a hat or a bandana constantly these days. Not sure if that's baldness or possibly concealing a nasty scar from the brain surgery that resulted from his ill fated adventures with the palm tree a few years back.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• You might well be right about Ronnie, FORD... How could he still have that much hair...

As for Mick, well... It's hard to figure him out bald, just as it is Ronnie...

Maybe Bill Wyman is the one who has kept it best, though he's the oldest one ( 74 years old... )

After all maybe all of them wear wigs, who knows.

Comment

• Don't think MTV ever showed this video back in the 80s..... admittedly it's a little weird......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Here's another video that you probably never saw.... not that it's really much of a video - just the whole thermal camera gimmick, similar to the one used on the album's artwork......

But here's the weird thing.... the song here actually is a little bit longer than the album version, and I don't even think it's a Clearmountain chop job this time....
                        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• And eMpTyV was too chicken shit to play this one..... featuring Dr. Charlie Watts, psychiatrist and a whole lot of barely clothed women......

Comment

• I wish they'd put out a complete collection of the videos. Call it Video Rewind again.
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Funny thing about that Sex Drive video..... Bill Wyman is in it, even though Woody actually played the bass on the track. Bill did NOT show up in the High Wire video which was recorded about the same time, though he DID play on that track, and Woody did not play on it at all (either guitar or bass) yet appears in the video.

Don't suppose all the young barely clothed women had anything to do with his choice considering it would be his last appearance with the band, eh, Bill?
                              Last edited by Satan; 10-31-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Comment

Working...
                                X