No announcement yet.

"The Rolling Stones" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved Rough Justice and Infamy. That disc is worth it just for those two tunes.

Comment

• I might give Satanic Majesties another spin just to see if anything has changed. Who knows - it took about 15 years for DLR's 'Your Filthy Little Mouth' to connect with me, so anything can happen. But screw Bridges To Babylon. I have no desire to listen to that blandness ever again (I've already got 'You Don't Have To Mean It' on my play-list, so it's all good...)
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• If you missed the pay per view concert tonight..... you can find it here
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Ronnie was on fire tonight. He must be clean n' dry.

Lady Gaga was a fucking mess.

I'm Goin' Down was great.

I still say they didn't spend all that money on the stage and time rehearsing to only do five shows.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Sobriety is obviously good for Ronnie, but I think the Faces semi-reunion tour was good for him too, since it forced him to actually play guitar. In that band, there's no Keef to help him carry the load, so he had to remember how good he used to be when he was the only guitar player on stage.
            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

Comment

• I don't get the whole Springsteen thing. I like a few of his songs but the guy is a horrible singer. He makes Dave sound like Paul Rodgers. Bon Jovi is even worse live !

Comment

• Bruce's voice changed for the worse after 'Tunnel of Love' in the mid 80's. he's actually sounding better now to my ears.

Comment

• "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by WWE"

What the FUCK??

It was bad enough when we had Allen Klein and his even greedier kids blocking Rolling Stones videos from being on YouTube - even the post 1970 music which they had no claim on whatsoever.

But now Vince fucking McMahon and his right wing failed candidate wife are in on the scam???

Geezus.....
                    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• I was thinking the same thing. What does the WWE have to do with the Stones?

Comment

• WWE produced the PPV.

You could tell it was their first foray into a live concert broadcast. They tried to make it "different," with big sweeping shots and fast cuts.

The HBO live stuff is shot/directed much better, Marty Callner usually does those.
                        Last edited by twonabomber; 12-16-2012, 04:39 PM.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Meh...

As a whole, I wouldn't say the Stones best work was done with Ronnie Wood in the band, just based on what I like (regardless of what Keith Richards thinks).

Not that the blame for this necessarily lays at Ron Wood's feet. From Undercover on, Jagger/Richards just haven't been able to come up with much that is able to stand alongside their best work (Beggar's Banquet to Exile On Main Street), so if the songs ain't there Wood is only gonna be able to do so much in terms of polishing turds.

I will say that I'm looking forward to picking up Black and Blue and giving THAT album a close listen, as I haven't in ages. Some Girls was good stuff. Wood certainly gets credit for participating in the creation of one great Stones album with that one. Emotional Rescue is so-so. Tattoo You was quite good, but a decent chunk of that featured old leftovers that Wood didn't play on originally...as well as a track specifically created for the Tattoo sessions (Heaven, a great fucking track) that neither Wood nor Richards appeared on.

I mean, anyone telling me that Undercover, Dirty Work, Steel Wheels or any of the subsequent albums are even as close to good as anything put out prior to 1982 has shit in their ears.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Happy Beerday KEEF!

69 years young, and doesn't look a day over 120!

Last edited by FORD; 12-18-2012, 07:31 PM.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• I dunno - looks like he could have used drugs at some point in his life or something.

Comment

• Couple of rare tracks from the Steel Wheels sessions....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...
                                X