No announcement yet.

"The Rolling Stones" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently "Almost Hear You Sigh" was one that Keef had originally written for his solo album "Talk Is Cheap" - which is why Steve Jordan is credited as co-writer on the track. Probably just as well that it didn't end up on that album, because I like Keef's vocal take well enough, but I can't imagine the song without Charlie's drums.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Don't know song titles too well, but I always thought Keith's You shouldn't Take It So Hard sounded a bit like the Stones Mixed Emotions. If I'm not mistaken, the latter came out shortly after the former, no?

Comment

• Keith's album came out in 1988, and Steel Wheels was 1989.

And yeah, there is some similarity in the riffs of Take It So Hard and Mixed Emotions. But you can probably hear some similarities in the new song "One More Shot" as well.

Hey, the guy's been playing guitar for half a fucking century. 50 years, 6 strings and a handful of chords... you're bound to copy yourself eventually
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• To me, the similarities, were the delivery of the verses of those songs. Both musically and vocal melody. Totally agree about the 'bound to copy yourself' angle. No big 'ting.

Comment

• Haven't posted this trainwreck of a performance in a while, so why not??

Heroin..... what a drug
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Since it's a Devil's job to torment you mortals on occasion, here's something you may have never heard before......

(and yes, I did pose for the cover of the single)
                  Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                  I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Ha....pretty interesting....

Comment

• Originally posted by Satan View Post
                      Since it's a Devil's job to torment you mortals on occasion, here's something you may have never heard before......
                      (and yes, I did pose for the cover of the single)

This was a bonus track on a voodoo lounge single I bought - easily 1 of my fav post Classic Rollin' Stones works, a little harp, a bit of slide and lyrically it's presented fairly tame / mellow to perhaps include wimmin folk & content is about what every guy wants most - SEX SEX SEX

Comment

• Actually that song was on the same single... Or at least it was on the version that was released here in Hell.
                        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Hard to believe the Stones STILL haven't officially put this one out......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
                            Hard to believe the Stones STILL haven't officially put this one out......

I thought Rod Stewart co-signed it, but it's a Mentor Williams song. :confused:

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• "Just my imagination" was a little more interesting cover, I think.

As far as covers, Stones songs covered by others rarely make it, do they?
                              Except for Johnny Winter's versions of "Jumpin' Jack Flash" or "I'm yours and I'm hers"
                              (which the Stones played in Hyde Park under the title of "I'm yours, she's mine, BTW.

We humbly play 3 Stones tunes in our set with my band, but if it were just up to me,
                              we wouldn't - I'm too much of a fan.
                              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Anyone have an opinion on what may be Keith's best solo ???

----------------------------------------------------

I still play a bigger bang - yeah, there are a couple middle songs that could go, but as a whole I like it

Some Girls seems like an apparition in their catalog, - the pacing is a bit slow & controlled at times and then very fast and driving, while the whole album has a glossy / rich sound - to me it is very unlike the rest of their work

I play Main Offender & Wandering Spirit both quite often
                                - I have never heard Ronnie's Slide On This but I am told it is worth a listen, that may be a youtube look later ..

I agree their best Rock was the MT yrs.. but the Ronnie yrs have been good solid rock music - a bit more pop & less bluesy than the BJ, or MT yrs, but good

- Damn Tattoo You reference .. I got, do wha do wha do wha- don't want to be your slave ... stuck in my head now , doh !

Brian Jones was killed by the gardener wasn't he ? I thought that guy confessed on his death bed ?? He was the stones until he became too stoned and the stones became Mick & Keith ..?

Comment

Working...
                                X