X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Headly1984
    Anyone have an opinion on what may be Keith's best solo ???
    You're kidding, right ??

Comment

• Green Manalishi
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2010

I gotta go with the solo on " Sympathy For The Devil " as Keefs best . Seems like that one is the universal favorite . Keef is such a rhythm monster that it almost seems unfair to other guitar players . I gotta say this though , without a doubt the Mick Taylor years were the pinnacle of the Stones best . They have many moments of brilliance before and after the Mick Taylor era but that was the most consistant period of Stones magic .

Comment

• Headly1984
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2011

Yeah - he is a rhythym monster - Main Offender really showcases that best imo (999)

Besides Sympathy - which is a bit choppy What would ya go with - I am not the greatest at isolating the who is playing what when it comes to Kieth and the other lead he shares time with (I also suck at figuring which guitar is EC & which is Duanne on Layla, lol!)

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
        I gotta go with the solo on " Sympathy For The Devil " as Keefs best . Seems like that one is the universal favorite . Keef is such a rhythm monster that it almost seems unfair to other guitar players . I gotta say this though , without a doubt the Mick Taylor years were the pinnacle of the Stones best . They have many moments of brilliance before and after the Mick Taylor era but that was the most consistant period of Stones magic .

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
          I think Keith knew how great of a musician Taylor was.
          When Keith was about 45 and made his first solo effort 'Talk Is Cheap' he asked Taylor to play one a song (or two..?) claiming that Taylor was "the best musician to ever play in the history of the Stones." Too bad he can't kick Wood's drunken ass to bass and rehire Mick.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I enjoy both of Keith's solo outings. Granted, they were nothing great but they do capture that Keith riffing spirit and that with the help of Steve Jordan proved he could write a tune without Jagger's ego getting in the way.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Main Offender had a bit more input from Steve Jordan directing the songs, less riffy but more structure on the singing and the band as a whole. In an interview with Tom Waits upon which Keith played on his last album, Waits said "Richards is a genius at what he does, but when working with him personally, somebody always has to be adult in the room and tell Keith what to do."

Comment

• Headly1984
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jul 2011

This is the opening track, if ya like this, u will more than likely enjoy the whole

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Of course, there are always rumors of Keith and Jordan working together again, but just rumors

I wouldn't mind hearing a third Richards' outing. Not at all.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                      I remember my pops buying Talk is Cheap....think he still has the cassette actually. I liked that album. I honestly never heard his second solo album.
                      Main Offender was great, but Talk is Cheap is a little more better IMO, it's sharper. I have both albums,
                      if I had to keep one it would be Talk is Cheap.

The Live at the Palladium record that was released in between is a great live album, where Talk is Cheap tunes
                      kick ass.
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jul 2010

Take It So Hard would have been / should have been a monster Stones tune . Keef Riffhard doing what he does best .
                        The X-spensive Winos Live At The Hollywood Palladium is a joyous mess .The live version of " Happy " is just that - deliriously Happy . Ever watch the live video of that show ? Keef is gloriously sloppy and his enthusiasm is just infectious .
                        Gotta say this - I'm very , very fond of a little known Keef tune called " The Worst " . Check it out sometime .

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I gotta go with the solo on " Sympathy For The Devil " as Keefs best . Seems like that one is the universal favorite .
                          And a damn good bass line on that one too, which is also Keef. Bill was missing (as he was in half the recording sessions anyway) and Brian was oblivious by that point. And Mick wasn't playing on the records yet, so that leaves Keef to play anything with strings....
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

Gotta say this - I'm very , very fond of a little known Keef tune called " The Worst " . Check it out sometime .
                            YES! Agree 100% The Worst is one of my fave tunes ever - definitely one of the greatest from those sessions and woefully underrated!
                            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Headly1984
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jul 2011

I will check out the worst - I youtubed some talk is cheap tunes and my preference is still Main Offender

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                                And a damn good bass line on that one too, which is also Keef. Bill was missing (as he was in half the recording sessions anyway) and Brian was oblivious by that point. And Mick wasn't playing on the records yet, so that leaves Keef to play anything with strings....
                                I vaguely remember an interview with Keith where he said that is a six-string bass he's playing there.

Comment

Working...