Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I don't judge any performance by a poorly shot cell phone video. We had a troll hysteria episode on this site back in 2007 when some fucking sheep douchebag was trolling the board claiming that Wolfie was "faking" his bass parts, and basing his allegations on some shitty cell videos (pre iPhone days, no less) where the sound was so muddy you couldn't tell who was playing what in any case.

At least with the Glastonbury footage, you can actually complain about the Stones performance properly, if you want to

Aside from that, it's all been audience clips from this tour, except for the little 1 minute shots uploaded by the Stones camp themselves. They're obviously filming the entire tour and I suspect there will be another mega-DVD box set out by Xmas, just like there was with the last two tours. Probably all the "guest stars" will be included, though they can keep the Lady Gaga/Taylor Swift/Gwen Stefani performances out, as far as I'm concerned.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

VHscraps has touched on an interesting point in that the amount of coverage rock and roll has gotten over the last two decades (accelerated alongside technological adnaces) isn't necessarily the best thing for the form.

In some ways, it's better that Van Halen haven't gone under the microscope to the extent that other bands have in terms of the VH1 Behind The Music treatment, at least in terms of the CVH years.

That was one of the many downsides of the back-and-forth in the press between Roth and the Van Halens after Dave split in 1985: the loss of a certain amount of mystique.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It is odd that not a single pro-shot show has surfaced yet of Van Halen. Not in 2007/08 or 2012/13.

Wasn't that Australian festival carried on TV down there like Glastonbury was like the BBC, or like most of the big single day shows on this contintent get from MTV, VH1, or even the fucking country channels on occasion (like Farm Aid)?

I'm sure if any Japanese networks had filmed a show, Cato would have uploaded it already.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

What year did Keith Richards die ??

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

'78 but his body is still too stoned to know it
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                Probably around 1973 or so.....

...at least if you believe the Jehovas Witnesses doctrine that blood transfusions are "wrong" because the body is supposed to be dead if all the blood is drained out.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• VHscraps
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2009

Did anyone see the Men's Health magazine cover with Keith on it from a couple of years ago?

Not sure if it had a headline, but the general sense you got from it was - haha! Still not dead, and I don't work out. The usual cover stars are jocks with huge pecs and six-packs ...
                  THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by VHscraps
                    Did anyone see the Men's Health magazine cover with Keith on it from a couple of years ago?

Not sure if it had a headline, but the general sense you got from it was - haha! Still not dead, and I don't work out. The usual cover stars are jocks with huge pecs and six-packs ...
                    Coulda been the UK edition ...
                    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Then again, both Jagger and Paisley a lot in common: racism.

Paisley:
                      "Red flag on my chest is like the elephant in the corner of the South and I just walked him in the room"

Jagger:
                      Black girls just want to get fucked all night. I just don't have that much jam!"
                      Last edited by Kristy; 07-01-2013, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Zing!
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2011

Have I mentioned lately that I fucking love this thread?
                        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• VHscraps
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          He broke on through to the other side at the weekend ... according to the papers

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I picked this up today at BestBuy for $8.99

Have not seen it yet - hoping it does not suck

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Okay, watching it now. Sound is fair, camera angles fair but rough. Geeeeez, hippies sure were filthy in 1978.

Comment

• ashstralia
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Feb 2004

inorite? imagine going down on a stinky hippy hairpie...blecchhh!!!

Comment

Working...