Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Does the BBC have any plans to broadcast the Hyde Park show on the 6th?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Satan
      My guess is that when another "Four Flicks"/"Biggest Bang" video box set of this tour is released just in time for "Black Friday" sales, it will contain a full DVD of this show, among others.
      If there is a DVD/Blu-Ray I bet it would be the PPV from December. Wasn't one of the London shows on PPV over there? Maybe both shows make up the set.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• VHscraps
        Veteran
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FORD
        Does the BBC have any plans to broadcast the Hyde Park show on the 6th?
        Dunno, but I will be looking out for it.

I think with Glastonbury they do it every year no matter who is playing, and the Stones probably had to give a bit more there than they might ordinarily do in terms of allowing transmission of the show, because everyone else on the bill always allows parts of their set to be broadcast, and headliners often allow the whole thing to be broadcast.

I have no doubt that the whole thing was filmed by the BBC - they just never showed it all due to some agreement.
        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
          Veteran
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by twonabomber
          Maybe it was the "better living through narcotics and alcohol" issue?
          That would be my handbook for approaching the daily trials and tribulations ...
          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
            Veteran
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            The entire Glastonbury set is on dimeadozen in HD....
            I use "Get iPlayer" to rip BBC iPlayer content - it's something someone has put together for ripping content they do not want you to obtain. Not sure if you can use it outside the UK unless you are using a proxy or something. The material that you get from it is the same quality as the BBC iPlayer streaming quality. I doubt it is HD, but it scales up very well from a MPG file on a computer to, say, a 42-inch TV (which is my largest TV), and is better than the broadcast quality of a lot of channels.
            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by VHscraps
              Could be, Sesh - but I thought it stuck my mind specifically because it was Men's HEALTH ... it just seemed so unlikely that Keith was on the cover of that ...
              I knew a journalist from Men's Health whose introduction to you would include 'but I'm not gay'.

I think he was the only guy who worked there or read it who wasn't...

Not that there is anything wrong with that....

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Mu friend subscribed to Men's Health but I don't know why. He's rounder than I am.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Sounds like he was a Narnian rear gunner...

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

The full show HD torrent is 15GB....

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

From what I read, the guy who had the 15GB torrent on Dime removed it because a buncha peeps were insulting him and he took his toys and went home.

However, here is torrent info on the standard-def full show:

Torrent #455832 The Rolling Stones - Glastonbury Festival - 29 June 2013 - PRO FULL SHOW - Video ts file
                      Torrent file The Rolling Stones Glastonbuty 2013.torrent (will be personalized for you upon download)
                      Downloads as The Rolling Stones Glastonbuty 2013
                      Info hash 67446b2e0d7d668c2870f5e09c5f7f5b2786ba2a
                      Description The Rolling Stones
                      Glastonbury Festival
                      Worthy Farm, Pilton
                      Somerset, UK

29th June 2013

Lineage: Raw Pyramid Stage Satellite Feed > TBS6922 dvb-s2 pci card > ProgDVB Pro > .ts file

[Moderator's note: we've been informed that the chroma subsampling here is not to DVD specs, and that this .ts file, should the torrent ever complete, will be playable only on a computer.]

Video: MPEG-2 PAL 25fps 16:9 720x576 50000kb/s
                      Audio: AC3 2.0 256kbps

Length: 2 hours 16 minutes

Setlist

Jumpin’ Jack Flash
                      It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)
                      Paint It Black
                      Gimme Shelter
                      Glastonbury Girl
                      Wild Horses
                      Doom And Gloom
                      Can’t You Hear Me Knocking (with Mick Taylor)
                      Honky Tonk Women
                      You Got The Silver (with Keith Richards on lead vocals)
                      Happy (with Keith Richards on lead vocals)
                      Miss You
                      Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
                      2000 Light Years From Home
                      Sympathy For The Devil
                      Start Me Up
                      Tumbling Dice
                      Brown Sugar

ENCORE

You Can’t Always Get What You Want (with the Voce Choir and members of the London Youth Choir)
                      (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)

I have a slow internet connection and cannot seed 24/7

Do as you please with this but please DO NOT SELL
                      Info file View Info file (0.89 KB)
                      Visible No (dead)
                      Category Rock
                      Last seeder Last activity 19:21:19 ago
                      Size 15.34 GB (16,474,692,581 bytes)
                      Added Sun 30th Jun, 2013 11:38 GMT
                      Views 8609
                      Hits 3962
                      Snatched 1 time(s)
                      Upped by unknown
                      Num files
                      [See full list] 3 files
                      Peers
                      [See full list] 0 seeder(s), 572 leecher(s) = 572 peer(s) total

Comment

• VHscraps
                        Veteran
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        I knew a journalist from Men's Health whose introduction to you would include 'but I'm not gay'.

I think he was the only guy who worked there or read it who wasn't...

Not that there is anything wrong with that....
                        Once, about ten years ago in a pathetic attempt to get really fit, I joined a gym in Glasgow - on Bath St - but it didn't take long before I saw gay magazines left lying around in the changing areas.

Not that there's anything wrong with that ... but I went back to my Royal Canadian Airforce workout, which doesn't require a gym or any equipment !
                        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Just a big Mountie called Benton to help you work up a sweat...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

There was a brilliant statistic doing the rounds a couple of years back that Glasgow had the highest gym membership in the UK but also the lowest attendance figures.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372859284.042880.jpg

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
                                Once, about ten years ago in a pathetic attempt to get really fit, I joined a gym in Glasgow - on Bath St - but it didn't take long before I saw gay magazines left lying around in the changing areas.

Not that there's anything wrong with that ... but I went back to my Royal Canadian Airforce workout, which doesn't require a gym or any equipment !
                                Yeah, sometime in the long forgotten early 1980s, a buddy suggested I join him with a membership at one of the dozen or more "health gyms" that sprouted up in the neighborhood, seemingly overnight. Two things stood out:

1. All of the women wore Olivia Newton John-inspired outfits from that dismal "Let's Get Physical" video, complete with oddly fitting sweater/tank tank tops, goofy headbands (that Bret Michaels still wears to this very day) and over-sized leg-warmer things, done up in neon pink. This and vague memories of Flashdance and Footloose movies will haunt me forever.

2. I was heaped with scorn whenever I lit up a cigarette in the weight room. And just try to bring in a six pack of beer in your cooler.

Two months later, my same friend's astoundingly gorgeous girlfriend (whom he did not deserve-why do the best women fall for total assbags? I don't get it, and never will. I guess I'm not a total asshat, as you'd think I'd have a list of former Penthouse models written on a scrap of paper in my wallet by now) talked me into going vegetarian. So I found myself at sushi bars for a while, but it didn't take. Think Jimmy Buffett's "Cheeseburger In Paradise"...

Tried to amend my carnivorous habits.
                                Made it nearly seventy days,
                                Losin' weight without speed, eatin' sunflower seeds,
                                Drinkin' lots of carrot juice and soakin' up rays.
                                But at night I'd have these wonderful dreams
                                Some kind of sensuous treat.
                                Not zucchini, fettuccini, or bulgur wheat,
                                But a big warm bun and a huge hunk of meat.

Fuck healthy concerns and the crippled horse they rode in on. Eat, drink and be merry, as long as you don't embarrass yerself and end up looking like Homer Simpson. Then again, Homer generally appears to be happy, so maybe there is a lesson in that.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...