• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Headly1984
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2011

the last Great Stones song - B-Side Voodoo Lounge

nice Some Girls/far away eyes, sound to it with a lil'raunch to the lyrics

yeah - Highwire was a great call to action that fell on deaf/dumb earz & Sweat Neo-con was a cool contemporary song as was Rough Justice from Bigger Bang

I almost wish they never re-grouped - Keith & Mick hit their strides solo with Main Offender & Wandering Spirit - both great works of music imho

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If the Stones start adding studio material to their archive releases, along with the live stuff, I'm guessing this would be among the first to make the cut.....

Yeah, it's a cover. But they still should have put it on "It's Only Rock n Roll".
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Headly1984
        the last Great Stones song - B-Side Voodoo Lounge

nice Some Girls/far away eyes, sound to it with a lil'raunch to the lyrics

i dunno. it's an okay song. i think Too Tight off of Bridges to Babylon is better than that. can almost see Mick and Keith standing at the same mic singing "tight! too tight!," even though we know they don't record that way any more.

special mention to It Won't Take Long and Oh No Not You Again off off A Bigger Bang. and i LOVE Infamy.

Sweet NeoCon is shit, just awful. Highwire was much better as a Stones "political" song.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Headly1984
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2011

the 80's were not their best decade, but they still made some decent stuff

Comment

• Headly1984
            Head Fluffer
            • Jul 2011

sticky fingers, let it bleed, some girls & exile are all aces

Comment

• Jack68
              Commando
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
              Keith is relatively local, up in Connecticut...

or maybe a SuperHeavy set?

someone on Stonesdoug's Shidoobee site claims that the band is in NYC already.

i don't usually watch SNL but i guess i'll suffer though this one.
              I think it would be pretty cool to say the least...Not as good as riding a flatbed jamming down the middle of the street in manahattan ....
              Last edited by Jack68; 05-11-2012, 10:44 AM.
              "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

Comment

• Mr Walker
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                Keith is relatively local, up in Connecticut...

or maybe a SuperHeavy set?

someone on Stonesdoug's Shidoobee site claims that the band is in NYC already.

i don't usually watch SNL but i guess i'll suffer though this one.
                Wonder if Mick Jagger and Mick Taylor got together while MT was at 30 Rock for Jimmy Fallon's show the other night... Mick should have been there for SNL rehearsals. Fallon is a huge Stones fan and is tight with Lorne... maybe some stuff was going on behind the scenes?
                Would be awesome to see the two Mick's do 'Sway'... of course it would be fucking epic if the whole band + MT did it.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Shit... just realized Mick J's thing is next week.
                  I guess I was just wishful thinking.

Comment

• VHscraps
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                    Richard Branson Buys Rolling Stones Book For Film Drama
                    By DOMINIC PATTEN Saturday April 21, 2012 @ 2:22pm PDT

EXCLUSIVE: The Rolling Stones and Richard Branson are teaming up again. Having released three Stones albums back in the 1990s on Virgin Records, Branson’s Virgin Produced has now acquired the rights to Robert Greenfield’s 2008 book Exile on Main Street: A Season in Hell with the Rolling Stones. Unlike past looks at this time in the Stones career, this film is a drama not a documentary. Like the book, the film will focus on the professional and personal relationship between head Stones Mick Jagger and Keith Richards as the band record their classic Exile on Main Street album in the south of France in the summer of 1971. Virgin Produced, partnering with City Entertainment and KippSter Entertainment, is developing the project internally. Brandon and Phil Murphy have been brought on board to write the screenplay. The Murphys, represented by Rich Cook at WME and manager Langley Perer at Mosaic, are no strangers to biopics. Among the projects on their plate currently is a Steve McQueen project for Sony and producer Jerry Weintaub. Jason Felts will serve as producer for the Stones film. Rene Rigal will oversee the project for Virgin Produced, with Joshua Maurer producing for City Entertainment and David Stern producing for KippSter Entertainment. This isn’t the only Rolling Stones film on the horizon. Brett Morgan is directing a doc on the band as part of the Stones’ 50th anniversary celebrations this year. The doc, distributed by Eagle Rock Entertainment, is out in September.
                    I really enjoyed the Greenfield book, but there's a lot of negative reader reviews of it out there (do rock'n'roll fans ever like books about the bands they love, though ...). Keith and Anita ... drugs and detox and more drugs, French gangsters, and making that album in a dingy basement. Could be a good documentary.

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• fourthcoming

Is it wrong of me to say "Wandering Spirit" and "Talk Is Cheap" were solid solo albums?
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-11-2012, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• fourthcoming

the 80's were not their best decade, but they still made some decent stuff
                        I like how at 3:12 of this video the young chick looks over her shoulder and who does the camera cut to next staring back at her? Dirty old Bill Wyman.........

Comment

• Headly1984
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                          Is it wrong of me to say "Wandering Spirit" and "Talk Is Cheap" were solid solo albums?
                          nah - I prefer main offender tho'

Comment

• Headly1984
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jul 2011

for their 50th tour next yr expect to see bill wyman, and 2 mick's

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                              Not at all. Actually Mick should have stopped making solo albums after Wandering Spirit, and threw away the masters of the two he did before that, because that was really the only solo album he ever needed to do. I think it was because he stopped worrying about trying to be "hip and current" and just fucking did what he does best......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

for their 50th tour next yr expect to see bill wyman, and 2 mick's
                                I certainly hope so. And their involvement in the recent Exile remaster project, as well as Wyman recording a new song with them for the Ian Stewart tribute album, make it even more likely this will actually happen.

I just hope Woody is still alive then. He was not looking very healthy at the recent Hall of Fame show when he was inducted with The Faces (about fucking time). Dude looked anorexic, and I don't think it's the vodka.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...