Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Mick Taylor on the 1981 tour? Yes, it really happened.... at least in Kansas City. Unfortunately he kinda got buried in the mix, but here it is anyway.......

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    And now let's go way the fuck back before most of us were even goddamn born........

Seems that this performance is half live and half lip-synced. Geezus... make up your minds

Those chicks screaming & crying.......I didn't think it was that bad.

lol. This was cool Ford. I've never paid much attention to old Stones stuff like this. Such a trip. HHAA! That? was considered long hair? So funny. Sniper or Jhale have more hair than the whole lot of 'em together.

I wonder how many of them girls there got the Rolling Poke later that night?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I just can't believe Brian got away with basically calling Mick a fag on TV in 1964

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

Here's something you don't see every day.

5. Thanked ThrillsNSpills for this KICKASS post:

FORD (06-18-2012)

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThrillsNSpills View Post

Here's something you don't see every day.
    It was shot by French film director Jean-Luc Godard during the Beggars Banquet sessions in 1968.
    The movie is entitled "One Plus One". A very strange one, but you can see the evolution of "Sympathy for the Devil"
    from the early jam here to Keith's bass, Mick's vocals and eventually Keith, Marianne Faithfull and Brian Jones's backing
    vocals in the end.
    Really worth it.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

8. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

http://vivalesbootlegs.blogspot.com/...Stones&x=0&y=0

Here's a ton of audio including New Barbarians, Beggar's Banquet outtakes, and the Mick Taylor 81 show.
    3 full pages of available audios.

10. 2 users say thank you to ThrillsNSpills for this KICKASS post:

FORD (06-18-2012)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    The Stones is my que to change the station...

They're played out...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So why did you click on this thread, Beavis?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    To see if there's anything I haven't heard...

I didn't say I hated the Stones...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I didn't do that...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jérôme Frenchise View Post
    It was shot by French film director Jean-Luc Godard during the Beggars Banquet sessions in 1968.
    The movie is entitled "One Plus One". A very strange one, but you can see the evolution of "Sympathy for the Devil"
    from the early jam here to Keith's bass, Mick's vocals and eventually Keith, Marianne Faithfull and Brian Jones's backing
    vocals in the end.
    Really worth it.

It was Jean-Luc Godard who had the idea to get the Jefferson Airplane up on this roof and film it. The guy captured some great rock and roll history on film.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post

It was Jean-Luc Godard who had the idea to get the Jefferson Airplane up on this roof and film it. The guy captured some great rock and roll history on film.
    I didn't know about Godard filming the Airplane too. Very... picturesque!

Jagger would ask him what his movie was about, but Godard never told him.

"One Plus One" is really weird, but it offers priceless pictures of the Stones recording
    "Sympathy".

As far as Rolling Stones movies, I think "Ladies & Gentlemen" ('74) is the best ever done about them on stage.
    I mean, Scorcese's is great, and certainly better as a movie properly speaking, but the Stones kicked so much more awesome fucking ass in 1974 than in 2007...
    Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 06-18-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Of course there was another movie in between there.... (Not sure if this ever got an official DVD release either?)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    Of course there was another movie in between there.... (Not sure if this ever got an official DVD release either?)

It did get an official release on dvd a couple of years ago. Very bare bones (no extras), and I think some of the violent newsreel clips in Time Is On My Side used for the original theatrical/vhs home video release got edited out on the dvd.

19. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

FORD (06-18-2012)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jérôme Frenchise View Post
    I didn't know about Godard filming the Airplane too. Very... picturesque!

Jagger would ask him what his movie was about, but Godard never told him.

"One Plus One" is really weird, but it offers priceless pictures of the Stones recording
    "Sympathy".

As far as Rolling Stones movies, I think "Ladies & Gentlemen" ('74) is the best ever done about them on stage.
    I mean, Scorcese's is great, and certainly better as a movie properly speaking, but the Stones kicked so much more awesome fucking ass in 1974 than in 2007...
    I really didn't care too much for Shine A Light. Outside of Buddy Guy, the other guest appearances added ziltch to the performances. Richards was in very bad form for that show, and although there were plenty of camera angles, it was as if there was a conscious decision not to use the video from any one shot for more than 5 seconds at a time. Frankly, I expected more from such a legendary director...and from some of the Stones to be truthful. Watts was rock solid as always. Woody played well. Richards played like shit and Jagger's vocals were rife with the lazy live vocal shortcuts he's been using onstage since the early 1980s.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm wondering if Keef really lost something upstairs (and thus in his guitar abilities) when he fell out of that palm tree.

It can't be a coincidence that they haven't released a new album since then, and haven't toured (apart from finishing that tour which was already underway at the time). And the only thing really new from them since then (not counting the vault pillaging Exile/Some Girls re-masters or live archives) was a blues song on the Ian Stewart tribute album, with pretty standard blues riffage that Keef could play in his sleep......

....God, I'd hate to believe that little fall damaged him more than 10 years of being a full blown junkie ever did. But they don't seem to be in any hurry to cash in on the whole "50th anniversary" hype, and you gotta wonder why that's the case.

22. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Terry (06-18-2012)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'm wondering if Keef really lost something upstairs (and thus in his guitar abilities) when he fell out of that palm tree.

It can't be a coincidence that they haven't released a new album since then, and haven't toured (apart from finishing that tour which was already underway at the time). And the only thing really new from them since then (not counting the vault pillaging Exile/Some Girls re-masters or live archives) was a blues song on the Ian Stewart tribute album, with pretty standard blues riffage that Keef could play in his sleep......

....God, I'd hate to believe that little fall damaged him more than 10 years of being a full blown junkie ever did. But they don't seem to be in any hurry to cash in on the whole "50th anniversary" hype, and you gotta wonder why that's the case.
    Honestly, I'm a bit more excited by the (fairly) recent official 1978 and Exile tour footage releases than the prospect of a Stones 50th Anniversary tour.

I kinda passed the point of being interested in the future of the band right around the release of the Steel Wheels album. Have listened to all the stuff they've put out subsequent to that, and very little of it has connected with me...even when loads of people were raving about A Bigger Bang, about the only positive thing I could find was that the album as a whole was SLIGHTLY better than Voodoo Lounge and Bridges To Babylon. As for a 50th Anniversary tour, I can't really get too hyped about the Stones doing another round of football stadiums playing their greatest hits, mostly because that's basically what they've been doing since the early 1980s.

Doubtless such a tour would sell out in a heartbeat, though.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-15-2024 @ 07:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Mick Taylor on the 1981 tour? Yes, it really happened.... at least in Kansas City. Unfortunately he kinda got buried in the mix, but here it is anyway.......

Taylor should be on their next tour. Why not. They have enough guitar parts to divide up. Shit he is on their best stuff !

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 78/84 guy View Post
    Taylor should be on their next tour. Why not. They have enough guitar parts to divide up. Shit he is on their best stuff !
    The fact that Taylor and Bill Wyman were both involved in the recent remastering projects (Taylor even recorded a new guitar part for the single "Plundered My Soul") leads me to hope that both of them will be on this tour, if and when it happens.

And when an Ian Stewart tribute show took place somewhere in England, Taylor & Wyman both showed up, along with Woody & Charlie. Unfortunately Mick & Keith couldn't make it, for whatever reasons. But it was encouraging to see at least 4 members of the band on stage at the same time, I guess. Even if Woody was singing......

26. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (06-20-2012)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:30 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Honestly, I'm a bit more excited by the (fairly) recent official 1978 and Exile tour footage releases than the prospect of a Stones 50th Anniversary tour.

I kinda passed the point of being interested in the future of the band right around the release of the Steel Wheels album. Have listened to all the stuff they've put out subsequent to that, and very little of it has connected with me...even when loads of people were raving about A Bigger Bang, about the only positive thing I could find was that the album as a whole was SLIGHTLY better than Voodoo Lounge and Bridges To Babylon. As for a 50th Anniversary tour, I can't really get too hyped about the Stones doing another round of football stadiums playing their greatest hits, mostly because that's basically what they've been doing since the early 1980s.

Doubtless such a tour would sell out in a heartbeat, though.
    i dunno. i would like to see the Stones one more time. but if a 50th anniversary tour happens after VH finishes their run then i'll probably road trip a couple shows. Toronto moves to the top of the list...

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    i dunno. i would like to see the Stones one more time. but if a 50th anniversary tour happens after VH finishes their run then i'll probably road trip a couple shows. Toronto moves to the top of the list...
    Saw them on Bigger Bang. I'm satisfied. They said that Regina was the best city on that tour. It was perfect, including the big ole orange harvest moon shining down on the stage. I'd be too worried to get a less-astounding show than that one.

Of course, if the opportunity was thrown in my face again, I wouldn't say no. I just want to see VH dammit!!!

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Saw them on Bigger Bang.
    Always hated Mick Jagger the lil dancing flaming big lipped queen. Had opportunity to see them at the LA Coliseum with GnR and Living Color opening. Figured had to see the Stones once right? Mick utterly killed the fucking crowd that night and I have been a huge fan ever since. The guy is the 2nd best frontman I have ever seen. My God he never stopped moving across a seriously huge stage. I bet he logged 8 miles during that 2 hours. Insane.

October 1989 - LA Coliseum - Steel Wheels tour (GnR - Living Color)

October 17, 1994 - Jack Murphy Stadium - Voodoo Lounge Tour

+November 9, 1997 - Dodger Stadium - Bridges To Babylon Tour (Wallflowers)

*February 3, 1998 - Qualcomm Stadium - Bridges To Babylon Tour

*(Rained like a motherfucker yet the stones performed soaked to the bone. Fucking amazing. 65,000+ drenching wet people in the pouring rain singing whoooo-whooo to Sympathy For The Devil. Mostly Mick was in direct rain when he went out to center floor area where they had a mini stage like boxing ring set up. Rest of the band did join him. Surprised none were electrocuted. Or they were and were just enjoying the high from it)

+ (Actually saw this for free and was semi-backstage. Passed out flyers all night for some official Rolling Stones branded credit card to everyone walking in and tailgating. Then we got backstage-limited access passes that let us sit anywhere in the stadium that was open. Got to bump into Jacob Dylan of the Wallflowers and my sister looked at him and said "damn boy, you just smell like money". Didn't meet any Stones, but saw the show for free for handing out their flyers and was paid I think like $75)
    Last edited by sadaist; 06-20-2012 at 01:10 PM.

fourthcoming
    The one and only time I saw the Stones was in 1989 at Shea Stadium.....no GNR....just Living Colour.....who ripped by the way. I remember thinking the same thing Sadaist......Mick must have easily walked/ran close to 10 miles that night. The stage was tremendous and he did not stop all night. The only time he mellowed out was when Clapton joined them for Little red rooster. I was 15 years old and it was an amazing show.....I'll never forget how loud it was too. I know it sounds strange but of all the shows I have ever seen......the Stones were one of the loudest shows I have ever been too.
    Last edited by fourthcoming; 06-20-2012 at 03:11 PM.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:30 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

the Cleveland stop on the Steel Wheels tour was Sept. 27 of '89. it was a cold night...during the little break at the end of Glamour Boys, Corey Glover said "damn it's cold!" instead of "what do you mean my credit's no good?"

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Only time I saw the Stones was on the Steel Wheels tour as well.
    Am usually not a fan of stadium shows, but I will say The Stones are one of the few bands out there that knows how to put one on well, in terms of the right balance between production values and music. I'd also readily agree that Jagger worked every inch of the stage tirelessly...my only gripe with that show was the amount of supporting musicians onstage outnumbered the amount of actual band members and sort of diluted the core Stones sound a bit (a similar problem I had with The Who tour that same year).

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

AKA Start Me Up - the 1975 version......

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Stones rehearsing for a TV appearance in 1978. (I won't say for what show, because it attracts RIAA nazis like white on rice)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Another song butchered by Bob Clearmountain for the record. Here's how it was supposed to sound.....

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Recorded in 1969. And better than the "official" version on Exile, in my opinion........

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Early take on this one. I think Keef also got "She's So Cold" out of this one, by the sounds of this version....

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"Summer Romance" was always a punkish kinda song. But even more so in this early version. Sounds like they were listening to the first Clash album before they hit the studio that morning......

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sound quality ain't the best here, but at least you can hear what a guitar oriented song this originally was before Clearmountain (or whomever) pussified it with too many keyboards, saxophones and what not. Hopefully a clean copy of this will surface one day, but so far all the boots I've heard of it sound pretty much like this........

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Classic Keef from the Dirty Work sessions. Too bad he didn't finish it, as it would have been better than about half of that album.......

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sounds like something they would have recorded in 1963, but it's actually from the Steel Wheels sessions.....

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ever since the Exile remaster came out in 2010, it's been driving me fucking crazy trying to figure out where the Hell they got "Plundered My Soul" from, as there was nothing really resembling that song on any of the Exile era boots I'd heard for years.

Goddamn it, I think I finally figured out, And that damn Mick cheated a little. Yeah, he already included the non-overdubbed "Good Time Women" from 1970 and the slightly overdubbed take on the 1969 version of Loving Cup. But at least those were songs that were later revisited in those historic sessions in Keith's basement in France (with Good Time Women evolving into "Tumbling Dice")

But I believe I've found the answer.... and this goes all the way back to 1968. Pretty sure if you took Mick's new vocal, Mick Taylor's new guitar part and a drum fix or two from Charlie off of Plundered My Soul, this is what you would find lurking underneath.........

....Jagger, you sneaky bastard!

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 11:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Not to detract from the music or anything, but..... would you wear THIS suit to your daughter's wedding??

"Kick his ass Seabass.."
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-19-2018 @ 11:00 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Good to see Bianca looks happy and mannish..baby.
    Last edited by Jack68; 07-04-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Thread Information