"The Rolling Stones" Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fourthcoming

I would Love to see Mick Taylor play with them one more time.....that might be my favorite era of the Stones.....nothing aginst Brian or Ronnie

Comment

• Headly1984
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2011

Mick, Keith, Woody (slide on this) all hit their strides when they felt free of ea. other

I could have been happy if these guys stayed apart and kept this kinda solo stuff goin' - very good stuff Main Offender / Wandering Spirit

I will stick to my guns and say that jump on top of me is the final stones song that sounds like 'original' Stones works- not forced, not new, - genuine,Classic Stones

Voodoo Lounge sounded forced and Bigger Bang was nice but some how kinda hollow/empty sounding to me - nice sound,glad they made it but not authentic unadulterated Stones

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Slide on This was a good record, but Woody's first two solo albums were better. (Even though they were more of a Faces/Stones hybrid than an actual solo project)

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

from Jeff Beck's Facebook page...

so the exciting news......... Jeff to appear on Saturday Night Live with Mick Jagger on Saturday 19th May!!! Make sure you watch it
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Sounds to me like the session guy who played lead on Hand of Fate was trying to nail Mick Taylor's style.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
              from Jeff Beck's Facebook page...
              Well... I guess that means the Stones are out. With Beck there, I hope they play "Throwaway", which was probably the best thing they recorded together. Since Beck didn't participate in Mick's solo tour in 1988, they never have played it live, to my knowledge.

On the other hand, what are the odds that they would play a 25 year old song from an album that is mostly forgotten (and deservedly so).
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Throwaway was the first thing i thought of, too. then i remembered Beck quitting the tour because Jagger was going to have dancers on stage, because dancers on stage wasn't "rock."

maybe they'll do some old blues thing.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                  Sounds to me like the session guy who played lead on Hand of Fate was trying to nail Mick Taylor's style.
                  That would be Wayne Perkins. He also played on "Worried About You" which was recorded for Black and Blue, but not released until Tattoo You, with Perkins' solo greatly reduced. That one also sounded like something Mick Taylor might have played. And here's the unedited version......

(Fast forward to 1:10:30 here. it's the last song on this disc. The RIAA nazis killed the video of the individual song. Fucking bastards.....)
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Is that the version of Everlasting Is My Love that made it on the expanded Some Girls disc?

Makes one wonder if Wayne Perkins was going for Taylor's style, or if that's just the way he plays.

serious power here with Rocks Off live.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

There's a lot of interesting stuff on the Place Pigalle series.

Comment

• hain23x
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Mar 2004

Mick Taylor performing on Jimmy Fallon the other night

Eat Us and Smile!
                        Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• Satan
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

And now a little something from a Devil's favorite album...

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by hain23x
                            Mick Taylor performing on Jimmy Fallon the other night
                            Thanx for sharing this! Man, the band can play! Who are these guys playing "Can't you hear me knocking" with Taylor?

BTW, Mick Taylor looks more and more like a zombie... Even Charlie Watts would look merry next to him.

I went to a Mick Taylor gig near Lille in the north of France in 1999 - we were only around 60 attending it, what a shame...

Taylor played awesome slide. I went to see him backstage (it was easy as there were so few spectators), and he hardly spared
                            10 words to anybody in total, looking like he was somewhere else (probably wondering how he would play so small venues while
                            he used to play in packed-up stadiums with the Stones in 1969-74...) - his rhythm guitarist was much more talkative.
                            I guess he's a strange kind of guy, just about as boring as Ronnie Wood is the coolest guy in rock history.
                            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• hain23x
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Mar 2004

That's the house and on the show.
                              Eat Us and Smile!
                              Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• rocking ron
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Sep 2010

I'm curious if they will go on tour once again, or is it really over, naaaaaaaaaaaaaah.........one more 'last' time...........

Comment

Working...