Member No
    Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Sound quality ain't the best here, but at least you can hear what a guitar oriented song this originally was before Clearmountain (or whomever) pussified it with too many keyboards, saxophones and what not. Hopefully a clean copy of this will surface one day, but so far all the boots I've heard of it sound pretty much like this........

Clearmountain jacked up the drums way too loud on this tune for the official release...this actually sounds miles better in terms of overall atmospherics despite limitations in source material sound quality.
    Apparently Tattoo You was a Jagger/Clearmountain production in essence, regarding mixes and recording. From what I've read, the recording process was fragmented, largely in part because virtually all of the tracks were taken from previous album sessions, so there was a lot of overdubbing over existing recordings in order to make the album at least sound somewhat like it had been created in 1981. Like, there were virtually no tracks where the entire band was present in the studio laying down parts, since on one track the guitar parts were recorded a few years ago, so all that was redone were the vocals, etc. Rumor has it Richards wasn't even particularly involved in the Tattoo You mixing sessions on nearly the level Jagger and Clearmountain were.
    None of this was spoken about by the band at the time, since they were basically (by their silence) engaged in a kind of fiction, pretending that Tattoo You was a fresh effort of new songs by the band. That's why Richards was so insistent their next effort (Undercover) was actually a group effort with nothing but new material on it, recorded by the band at the time specifically for that album.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 11:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, I've heard that the only thing Keef really did "new" on that album was the lead vocals on Little T&A.

It was originally recorded either for Some Girls or Emotional Rescue, depending on which account you read. But the original vocal here definitely sounds like Some Girls era to me. Pretty much the same as he sounded on "Before They Make Me Run" (as opposed to the deeper, raspier tone he had already acquired by the Emotional Rescue sessions)

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. Thanked Satan for this KICKASS post:

Terry (08-28-2012)

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-15-2024 @ 01:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Cor Blimey, as Mick might have said in his Mockney accent, it's the 50th anniversary of the Stones' first gig.

Start it up: the 50th anniversary of the Rolling Stones' first gig
    Fifty years ago this week, a nervous band called the Rollin' Stones played their first gig – to a bemused crowd of jazz fans. Christopher Sandford, the band's biographer, charts a revolution

‘They looked like rock stars’… Keith Richards, left, and Brian Jones at the Marquee on 12 July 1962. Photograph: Pictorial Press/Alamy

In the summer of 1962, the management of the Academy cinema on Oxford Street in London thought it wise to warn patrons that the film they were about to see, the big-screen adaptation of John Wyndham's novel about killer plants, The Day of the Triffids, "contained graphic horror" and "might prove disturbing to those of a nervous disposition". Today, Wyndham's mutant shrubs look blandly innocuous. But on the night of Thursday 12 July, in a basement club called the Marquee, just a few feet below the cinema where the Triffids was screening, something much more unsettling was about to get under way.

A sober-suited crowd of about 80 men and 30 women were on hand to witness the Rolling Stones' first gig. There was a taste among both sexes for shapeless, utility-style clothes, stout shoes and goofy square glasses. (It's remarkable how many young men seemed to resemble Buddy Holly.) Based on the number of goatees in the photographs, many were also diehard jazz fans; those who were there report that the audience took some time to warm up to the Stones' 50-minute blast of American rhythm and blues.

The band were officially billed as "Mick Jagger and the Rollin' Stones", although the lead vocalist was by no means their most compelling personality. Jagger, his Dartford Grammar schoolfriend Keith Richards, and the self-styled "Cheltenham Shagger" Brian Jones (who had recently come up with the group's name) were the front line. Jagger, who was still a student at the London School of Economics, wore a striped sweater and corduroys; Richards a funereally dark suit; while Jones pogoed up and down, leering at the women. Behind them was the already comically deadpan rhythm section, which for now comprised Richards's art-school friend Dick Taylor on bass and the future Kinks drummer Mick Avory, who sat in for the night. Jagger and Richards were 18 and living at home; Jones was 20; Ian Stewart, a 23-year-old shipping clerk, stood off to the side, eating a pork pie with one hand and playing piano in a loping, barrel-house style with the other.
    The rest is here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jul/09/rolling-stones-first-gig-50th
    Last edited by VHscraps; 07-09-2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: added some text

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The screaming on this is great ...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

I'll be damned.... a Stones video where Charlie doesn't look like he's bored shitless!

8. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Terry (08-28-2012)

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hopefully we are getting closer to another tour, speculation is building.

http://news.yahoo.com/rolling-stones...103910245.html

Guitarist Richards said this week that the Stones have met up for "a couple of rehearsals", fanning the fire of rumors that a new world tour may be in the works.

Richards would not go so far as to say when the quartet comprising himself, Jagger, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood would be performing in public again.

"There's things in the works - I think it's definitely happening," he told British broadcaster the BBC. "But when? I can't say yet."

"We're playing around with the idea and had a couple of rehearsals - we've got together and it feels so good."

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Don't know how the HELL this got left off of "Between The Buttons".......

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

It's rare to get a decent sounding YouTube but
    Keith really kills on the right channel on this one.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sometimes happy....sometimes blue....sometimes stoned out of our minds, right Keef?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Officially, the New Barbarians never made an album.. But when Ian McLagan put out his first solo album in 1979, well, who better to play on the album than the guys he was touring with at the time......

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    09-27-2013 @ 11:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm so glad I got to see them once before it's over, back in October 2005 in Philadelphia. Even if you're just a casual fan (which I am), seeing a Stones show is something every rock and roll fan should get to experience. They might do some shows this fall: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/celeb...r-7941838.html

16. Thanked loucap81 for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (08-06-2012)

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loucap81 View Post
    I'm so glad I got to see them once before it's over, back in October 2005 in Philadelphia. Even if you're just a casual fan (which I am), seeing a Stones show is something every rock and roll fan should get to experience. They might do some shows this fall: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/celeb...r-7941838.html
    They rehearsed with Bill Wyman... What a nice surprise! Maybe Mick Taylor will join them on stage too for a couple of tunes?

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Stones in studio (Jagger confirms)

A story in todays UK Guardian on newspaper / website etc.

Rolling Stones recording in Paris studio
    Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts spotted leaving recording studio in French capital

Exil sur la rue principale … The Rolling Stones recording in Paris. Photograph: Rankin/Reuters
    The Rolling Stones are recording in France, according to a tweet by Mick Jagger.

"Had fun in the Paris studio this week!" Jagger wrote on Thursday. The accompanying photograph shows the singer holding a guitar in a studio crowded with instruments.

Last week, the Stones were photographed leaving a French studio. An enterprising fan identified the location as Studio Guillaume Tell in Paris. According to Stones expert and archivist Nico Zentgraf, the session was produced with long-time collaborator Don Was, with Chuck Leavell on keyboards and Darryl Jones on bass.

The relatively short studio time suggests that the band are not recording a full album – it is more likely they have laid down new songs for inclusion on a greatest hits set due this autumn. Although the group spent time together earlier this summer, they were reportedly practising old material, not recording new songs. "It was like playing in the garage, a maintenance check," Keith Richards explained to Rolling Stone.

Besides a special logo and the announcement of a new documentary, the Rolling Stones have yet to unveil plans for their 50th anniversary. "Exciting news [is] coming soon," they wrote in a Facebook post this month. In July, Jagger told the Evening Standard that the Stones had plans to perform live "in the autumn".

On Monday, the band revealed that the aforementioned documentary, Charlie Is My Darling – Ireland 1965, will premiere at the New York film festival on 29 September. It incorporates footage from their first professionally shot live performance.
    Last edited by VHscraps; 08-28-2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: added additional links

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Mick's photo - don't know if this embed will work

Last edited by VHscraps; 08-28-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What's curious about that photo is the SG right behind Mick.

Can't remember Keef, Woody, or Mick himself playing an SG in recent years. But it was Mick Taylor's favorite guitar back in 1969/70/71. (He used a Les Paul on the 72/73 tours)

Wonder if Mick Taylor or Bill Wyman had any part of these new studio sessions?

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What's curious about that photo is the SG right behind Mick.

Can't remember Keef, Woody, or Mick himself playing an SG in recent years. But it was Mick Taylor's favorite guitar back in 1969/70/71. (He used a Les Paul on the 72/73 tours)

Wonder if Mick Taylor or Bill Wyman had any part of these new studio sessions?
    I recall seeing either a photo or film clip with Mick Jagger playing a white SG with black scratchplate - in performance, probably early 80s.

Maybe some of those guitars are Mick's?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, I guess that SG might be his after all, since he apparently had it on the 1981 tour....

....though I swear I only saw him playing a Strat when they were at the Kingdome on that tour...... but then, I was in the nosebleed seats

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Only London and New York?

Who the fuck do they think they are, Pink Floyd??

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

....though I swear I only saw him playing a Strat when they were at the Kingdome on that tour...... but then, I was in the nosebleed seats
    I still regret missing that one. They had a sweet deal in Victoria. $100 for ticket, bus and ferry, and a t-shirt.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Some news bits...

CROSSFIRE HURRICANE – A NEW FILM FROM THE ROLLING STONES

LINK

The Rolling Stones, the rock ‘n’ roll icons who have defined creativity, daring and durability, are to be chronicled in a kaleidoscopic new film that documents the key periods of their career and their incredible adventures.

Crossfire Hurricane, directed by Brett Morgen, provides a remarkable new perspective on the Stones’ unparalleled journey from blues-obsessed teenagers in the early 60’s to rock royalty. It’s all here in panoramic candour, from the Marquee Club to Hyde Park, from Altamont to Exile, from club gigs to stadium extravaganzas.

The film in the UK will receive a theatrical release and can be seen by Stones fans in selected cinemas across the country in October. It will also be premiered on HBO in the USA and broadcast on BBC Two later in the year.

With never-before-seen footage and fresh insights from the band themselves, the film will delight, shock and amaze longtime devotees, as well as another generation of fans, with its uniquely immersive style and tone. Crossfire Hurricane places the viewer right on the frontline of the band’s most legendary escapades.

Taking its title from a lyric in “Jumping Jack Flash”, Crossfire Hurricane gives the audience an intimate insight, for the first time, into exactly what it’s like to be part of the Rolling Stones, as they overcame denunciation, drugs, dissensions and death to become the definitive survivors. It’s the backstage pass to outdo them all.

The odyssey includes film from the Stones’ initial road trips and first controversies as they became the anti-Beatles, the group despised by authority because they connected and communicated with their own generation as no one ever had. “When we got together,” says Wyman, “something magical happened, and no one could ever copy that.”

From the outset of the film, viewers know they’re in for a white-knuckle ride. No sooner had the early Stones line-up first played live under that name in the summer of 1962 than they were bigger than the venues that tried to hold them. Wyman remembers how the crowds were soon inspiring manic behaviour, especially among screaming girls, whose uncontrollable excitement was obvious as stardom beckoned for the band already earmarked as the bad guys with press headlines, “Would you let your daughter marry a Rolling Stone?”

Riots and the chaos of early tours are graphically depicted, as is the birth of the Jagger-Richards songwriting partnership. The many dramas they encountered are also fully addressed, including the Redlands drug bust, the descent of Brian Jones into what Richards calls “bye-bye land,” and the terror and disillusionment of 1969’s Altamont Festival.

The band’s rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle is also discussed with extraordinary forthrightness, including at the time of their seminal 1972 album Exile On Main St, which topped the British charts both then and 38 years later with its deluxe reissue. Their very survival repeatedly under threat, we see how the Stones survived with a backs-to-the-wall spirit. “We may be going down,” says Keith, “but we’re not going down your way.”

The film illustrates the Stones’ evolution from being, as Mick vividly describes it, “the band everybody hated to the band everybody loves”: through the hedonistic 1970s and Keith’s turning-point bust in Canada to the spectacular touring phenomenon we know today. Richards also reveals the song that he believes defines the “essence” of his writing relationship with Jagger more than any other.

Asked in a formative interview in the film what it is that sets them apart from other groups, Jagger says with quiet understatement: “A chemical reaction seems to have happened.” Keith Richards added, “You can’t really stop the Rolling Stones, you know when that sort of avalanche is facing you, you just get out of the way”. It’s been happening ever since, and the life and times of the Rolling Stones have never been as electrifyingly portrayed as they are in Crossfire Hurricane.

Director Brett Morgen added, “Crossfire Hurricane invites the audience to experience firsthand the Stones’ nearly mythical journey from outsiders to rock and roll royalty. This is not an academic history lesson. Crossfire Hurricane allows the viewer to experience the Stones’ journey from a unique vantage point. It’s an aural and visual roller coaster ride.”

Worldwide distributors of Crossfire Hurricane are Eagle Rock Entertainment in London, with Tremelo Productions and Milkwood Films as the production companies.

Eagle Rock Entertainment Chairman and CEO, Terry Shand said: “We are very pleased to continue our association with the Rolling Stones visual rights agenda and their collaboration with such great filmmakers.”

As befits the first rock band to reach the 50-year milestone with their global stature now greater than ever, the film combines extensive historical footage, much of it widely unseen, with contemporary commentaries by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ronnie Wood and former Stones Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor. Period interviews, extensive live performance material and news archive give the production a truly kinetic aura and no-holds-barred approach. Crossfire Hurricane has taken over a year to make and produce with the full cooperation of The Rolling Stones and will be released in November.

Get a load of the prices for these boxed sets. YIKES!

Rolling Stones to Release ‘Brussels Affair’ Vinyl Box Set

by: Dave Lifton UCR

Last year, the Rolling Stones offered the first official release of ‘The Brussels Affair,’ a much-bootlegged performance from their 1973 European tour, as a digital download. Yesterday (Aug. 29), the band announced that they are issuing the concert on vinyl in the form of three limited-edition box sets.

All three sets contain the concert in 180-gram vinyl, a book about the tour by Nick Kent that is signed by Mick Jagger, a book of rare photos from the shows, a lithograph and a watch with the Stones “Tongue and Lips” logo. The Platinum Edition features Jagger’s signature on the lithograph, and the Art Edition includes a silver gelatin print signed by official tour photographer Michael Putland.

Although the digital download can be bought for the low, low price of $7, the vinyl box sets will range from $750 for the Collector’s Edition to $1,500 for the Art Edition. But unlike the mp3s, quantities of the box sets are very limited. There are 1,727 copies of the Collector’s Edition, with even fewer copies of the Platinum (173) and Art (73) Editions available for sale.

The Stones are accepting pre-orders for the sets, which are expected to ship on or around Nov. 16, on their website.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

$750 is the "cheap" version??

Think I'm gonna pass on this one, Mick. Even if you used the ORIGINAL mix, and not the Clearmountain mutation with Mick Taylor virtually inaudible (except for the solos) that would still be way too much.

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-17-2015 @ 12:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Mick Taylor better be involved with the 50th, that's all I'm sayin...

29. Thanked Zing! for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (10-13-2012)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zing! View Post
    Mick Taylor better be involved with the 50th, that's all I'm sayin...
    If they're only doing 4 shows in two cities, there's no excuse whatsoever for him and Wyman not to be there.

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

750 bucks? Wow. This trumps any special collectors reissue box-set I'm aware of. Last year's U2 Zoo reissue maxed out at somewhere around a couple of hundred, but I think that got you anout 20 items in the box.

It's a slightly disturbing trend towards pricing the good stuff at levels more suitable to unique, one-off, art objects.

That's not to say it's not art, and it's not fine stuff - just that by definition (and no matter how small the edition), it is mass-produced. It might cost a few percent of the selling price to actually produce this.

You kinda imagine that to a collector of the future an original vinyl version of the boot will be closer to the authentic, sought-after object.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, the Grateful Dead put out a $500 box set last year, but it was their entire 1972 European tour. Not just one concert that every true fan's already had in their bootleg collection for years.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Rolling Stones Announce Greatest Hits Album with Two New Songs
    Read more at http://www.billboard.com/news/rollin...Y83AMWIWMmK.99

The first new Rolling Stones recordings since 2005's "A Bigger Bang" will be included on "GRRR!," a new greatest hits collection set for a Nov. 13 release that will continue the band's 50th anniversary celebration.

"GRRR!" will be available in four formats: a 3-CD, 50-track collection with a 24-page booklet; a 3-CD, 50-track deluxe edition with a 36-page hardback book and five postcards; a 4-CD, 80-track "super deluxe edition" with a bonus CD, poster and other goodies; and a 50-track 12-inch vinyl box set. All formats will include classic Stones cuts like "Start Me Up," "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," "Honky Tonk Women," "Jumping Jack Flash" and many more fan favorites.

"Gloom And Doom" and "One Last Shot," two new songs recorded by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood in Paris, will also be part of "GRRR!," as will new artwork from longtime band collaborator Walton Ford.

The November release of "GRRR!" coincides with four special shows that the Rolling Stones will play that month, two at London's O2 Arena and another pair at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. A source told Billboard last week that the shows, which will toast the band's 50th anniversary, will net the Stones $25 million.

Adding to the band's busy autumn is the release of "Crossfire Hurricane," a documentary from director Brett Morgen that traces the Stones' five-decade history. The film includes commentary from all four members of the group and will premiere on HBO on Nov. 15.

In September 2002, the Rolling Stones released "Forty Licks," a double-album compilation commemorating the group's 40th anniversary. The 40-song set has sold 2.5 million copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The veteran band has notched a record 36 top 10 albums on the Billboard 200 chart, including nine No. 1s. Its most recent chart-topper was 1981's "Tattoo You." Since then, they've racked up eight top five albums, with five of those reaching the top three. (That doesn't count the 2010 reissue of "Exile On Main St," which re-entered the chart at No. 2. "Exile" of course spent four weeks at No. 1 upon its initial release in 1972.)

In terms of singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, the group has claimed 57 entries -- the second most among rock bands. (Only the Beatles have more, with 71.) The Stones own 23 top 10 singles, with eight of them going all the way to No. 1. Those include "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," "Paint It, Black," "Honky Tonk Women," "Brown Sugar" and "Miss You" -- all which will presumably be on the "Grrr!" compilation.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Here's the cover art......

Not sure what vampire gorillas have to do with a 50th anniversary, but what the Hell....

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    All formats will include classic Stones cuts like "Start Me Up," "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," "Honky Tonk Women," "Jumping Jack Flash" and many more fan favorites.
    you know, the songs you've bought five or six times before...

hard to get psyched up for this one. too bad Demonoid is down.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah. I wonder if there's going to be anything in the 80 track "super deluxe" version that's worthy of note. Checked the Stones website (which is where I found the cover) but there's no track info yet. (for any of the editions)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Meanwhile, the Stones have released the 4th concert in their archive series......

Tokyo (Live 1990)

Denied permission to play in Japan in 1973, the band were finally welcomed with open arms in 1990, when they played a ten night residency at the 55,000 capacity Tokyo Dome. This album was recorded at the show on 26th February, and features Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ronnie Wood and Bill Wyman, who in August of that year, would play his last ever show with the Rolling Stones. The touring band included Bobby Keys, Chuck Leavell, Lisa Fischer, Cindy Mizelle, Bernard Fowler, Matt Clifford and the Uptown Horns. The Steel Wheels/ Urban Jungle tour became the highest grossing tour of all time. But it’s not just the figures that set this show apart from others, the Rolling Stones revisited songs from their psychedelic period such as “2000 Light Years From Home” and “Ruby Tuesday”, with cosmic results. In 2012 Bob Clearmountain applied the mix.

Track Listing:

1. Start Me Up
    2. Bitch
    3. Sad Sad Sad
    4. Harlem Shuffle
    5. Tumbling Dice
    6. Miss You
    7. Ruby Tuesday
    8. Almost Hear You Sigh
    9. Rock And A Hard Place
    10. Mixed Emotions
    11. Honky Tonk Women
    12. Midnight Rambler
    13. You Can`t Always Get What You Want
    14. Can`t Be Seen
    15. Happy
    16. Paint It Black
    17. 2000 Light Years From Home
    18. Sympathy For The Devil
    19. Gimme Shelter
    20. Band Introductions
    21. It`s Only Rock `n Roll
    22. Brown Sugar
    23. Satisfaction
    24. Jumping Jack Flash

http://www.stonesarchive.com/bootlegs/tokyo-live-1990

Bad news of course, is that you can only get the REAL version outside of the US. Only the lossy MP3 shit on this side of the pond. Guess I'll have to find it elsewhere, just like I did LA Friday........
    Last edited by FORD; 09-05-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: because I fucking found it elsewhere

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Actually kinda surprised they didn't go for the Atlantic City show from Steel Wheels tour. Maybe AxHole Rose wouldn't let them include his duet with Mick on "Salt of the Earth". He would be the kind of douche who would fuck something like that up.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Crap. For me, all ya need to buy are three Stones compilation albums (OK, you won't get a version of "The Last Time"). Yes, there are some tracks duplicated, sue me.

Hot Rocks 1964–1971 (1971)

1. Time Is on My Side
    2. Heart of Stone
    3. Play with Fire
    4. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
    5. As Tears Go By
    6. Get Off of My Cloud
    7. Mother's Little Helper
    8. 19th Nervous Breakdown
    9. Paint It Black
    10. Under My Thumb
    11. Ruby Tuesday
    12. Let's Spend the Night Together

1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
    2. Street Fighting Man
    3. Sympathy for the Devil
    4. Honky Tonk Women
    5. Gimme Shelter
    6. Midnight Rambler [Live] - (live)
    7. You Can't Always Get What You Want
    8. Brown Sugar
    9. Wild Horses

Made in the Shade (1975)

1. Brown Sugar
    2. Tumbling Dice
    3. Happy
    4. Dance Little Sister
    5. Wild Horses
    6. Angie
    7. Bitch
    8. It's Only Rock'n Roll (But I Like It)
    9. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
    10. Rip This Joint

Sucking in the Seventies (1981)

1. Shattered
    2. Everything Is Turning To Gold
    3. Hot Stuff
    4. Time Waits For No One
    5. Fool To Cry
    6. Mannish Boy
    7. When The Whip Comes Down (Live Version)
    8. If I Was A Dancer (Dance Pt.2)
    9. Crazy Mama
    10. Beast Of Burden

Arguably, you could add this one as well, but I really don't see the point all that much if you already have copies of Black And Blue, Some Girls, Emotional Rescue orTattoo You laying around.

Jump Back: The Best of The Rolling Stones (1993 worldwide-U.S. release 2004)

1. Start Me Up
    2. Brown Sugar
    3. Harlem Shuffle
    4. It's Only Rock N' Roll
    5. Mixed Emotions
    6. Angie
    7. Tumbling Dice
    8. Fool To Cry
    9. Rock And A Hard Place
    10. Miss You
    11. Hot Stuff
    12. Emotional Rescue
    13. Respectable
    14. Beast Of Burden
    15. Waiting On A Friend
    16. Wild Horses
    17. Bitch
    18. Undercover Of The Night
    Last edited by chefcraig; 09-05-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

One of the highlights of the Steel Wheels tour (in my humble Stones loving opinion) was Midnight Rambler. How the fuck they left it off Flashpoint (the original "official" live album from that tour) remains a tragic mystery. But at least it's on the archive release, and sounds great.....

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

swap out Hot Rocks for the Singles Collection and you've got it. and, you gain Stupid Girl and Who's Driving Your Plane.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 09-05-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Between Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, and Christine "Witchiepoo" O'Donnell, I think "Stupid Girl" should become the official anthem of the Republican party.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Track Listing for "Grrr".

50 track version

Disc one
    No. Title
    1. "Come On" (Chuck Berry)
    2. "Not Fade Away" (Buddy Holly/Norman Petty)
    3. "It's All Over Now" (Bobby Womack/Shirley Womack)
    4. "Time Is on My Side" (Norman Meade)
    5. "Heart of Stone"
    6. "Little Red Rooster" (Willie Dixon)
    7. "The Last Time"
    8. "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
    9. "Get Off of My Cloud"
    10. "As Tears Go By" (Jagger/Richards/Andrew Loog Oldham)
    11. "19th Nervous Breakdown"
    12. "Under My Thumb"
    13. "Paint It, Black"
    14. "Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing in the Shadow?"
    15. "Ruby Tuesday"
    16. "Let's Spend the Night Together"
    17. "We Love You"
    18. "She's a Rainbow"
    19. "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
    20. "Street Fighting Man"
    21. "Sympathy for the Devil"

Disc two
    No. Title
    22. "Honky Tonk Women"
    23. "Gimme Shelter"
    24. "You Got the Silver"
    25. "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
    26. "Brown Sugar"
    27. "Sister Morphine" (Jagger/Richards/Marianne Faithfull)
    28. "Wild Horses"
    29. "Rocks Off"
    30. "Happy"
    31. "Tumbling Dice"
    32. "Angie"
    33. "Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)"
    34. "It's Only Rock 'n Roll (But I Like It)"
    35. "Hot Stuff"

Disc three
    No. Title
    36. "Fool to Cry"
    37. "Miss You"
    38. "Beast of Burden"
    39. "Shattered"
    40. "Emotional Rescue"
    41. "Start Me Up"
    42. "Undercover of the Night"
    43. "Harlem Shuffle" (Bob Relf/Earl Nelson)
    44. "Mixed Emotions"
    45. "Love Is Strong"
    46. "You Got Me Rocking"
    47. "Anybody Seen My Baby?"
    48. "Streets of Love"
    49. "Gloom and Doom"
    50. "One Last Shot"

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

80 track "super deluxe" version

Disc one
    No. Title
    1. "Come On"
    2. "Not Fade Away"
    3. "It's All Over Now"
    4. "Little Red Rooster"
    5. "The Last Time"
    6. "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
    7. "Get Off of My Cloud"
    8. "19th Nervous Breakdown"
    9. "Paint It, Black"
    10. "Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing in the Shadow?"
    11. "Let's Spend the Night Together"
    12. "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
    13. "Honky Tonk Women"
    14. "Gimme Shelter"
    15. "Street Fighting Man"
    16. "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
    17. "Wild Horses"
    18. "Under My Thumb"
    19. "Sympathy for the Devil"
    20. "We Love You"

Disc two
    No. Title
    21. "Brown Sugar"
    22. "Tumbling Dice"
    23. "Start Me Up"
    24. "Rocks Off"
    25. "Angie"
    26. "It's Only Rock 'n Roll (But I Like It)"
    27. "Fool to Cry"
    28. "Miss You"
    29. "Respectable"
    30. "Emotional Rescue"
    31. "Waiting on a Friend"
    32. "Hang Fire"
    33. "Undercover of the Night"
    34. "Harlem Shuffle"
    35. "Mixed Emotions"
    36. "Love Is Strong"
    37. "Out of Control"
    38. "Anybody Seen My Baby?"
    39. "Streets of Love"

Disc three
    No. Title
    40. "I Wanna Be Your Man" (John Lennon/Paul McCartney)
    41. "She Said Yeah" (Larry Williams)
    42. "Ruby Tuesday"
    43. "Dandelion"
    44. "Mother's Little Helper"
    45. "Heart of Stone"
    46. "Time Is On My Side"
    47. "Out of Time"
    48. "I'm Free"
    49. "As Tears Go By"
    50. "She's a Rainbow"
    51. "Lady Jane"
    52. "Midnight Rambler"
    53. "You Got the Silver"
    54. "2000 Light Years from Home"
    55. "That's How Strong My Love Is" (Roosevelt Jamison)
    56. "Play with Fire" (Nanker Phelge)
    57. "I Am Waiting"
    58. "Yesterday's Papers"
    59. "Salt of the Earth"
    60. "Shine a Light"
    61. "Sister Morphine"
    62. "Hot Stuff"

Disc four
    No. Title
    63. "Shattered"
    64. "Before They Make Me Run"
    65. "You Got Me Rocking"
    66. "Saint of Me"
    67. "Rain Fall Down"
    68. "Don't Stop"
    69. "Time Waits for No One"
    70. "Dance (Pt. 1)" (Jagger/Richards/Ronnie Wood)
    71. "Send It to Me"
    72. "Moonlight Mile"
    73. "She Was Hot"
    74. "She's So Cold"
    75. "Almost Hear You Sigh" (Jagger/Richards/Steve Jordan)
    76. "I Go Wild"
    77. "Beast of Burden"
    78. "Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)"
    79. "Gloom and Doom"
    80. "One Last Shot"

Thread Information