Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 "The Rolling Stones" Thread - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Rolling Stones" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

again from the Stones' Facebook page

Mick hosts an all-new SNL with musical guests Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, and Jeff Beck.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Not familiar with Arcade Fire, but Mick singing with the Foo Fighters could be interesting.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by FORD View Post
        Not familiar with Arcade Fire, but Mick singing with the Foo Fighters could be interesting.
        Arcade Fire's a Canadian band. They rock
        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Foo Fighters are getting just as bad as Slash used to be... rock's "Uncle Tom's"

Comment

"Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

Comment

Well, it doesn't appear the Stones will be on SNL.... or will they?

I don't want to read too much into this, but isn't it odd that Mick Taylor shows up on the New York based Jimmy Fallon show the same week that Jagger is hosting SNL? Fallon is an ex SNL cast member (who usually shows up on the season finale) and I believe Lorne Michaels produces his show.

It could all be a coincidence, but it's a damn big one.
              Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel View Post
                Arcade Fire's a Canadian band. They rock
                saw them on the Grammy show two years ago, i thought they were awful.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

well...that wasn't so great. a couple decent sketches but overall i give it a "meh." didn't really have great expectations, it is SNL after all. maybe i should have said i got no expectations.

when Mick said "i wrote this song about the upcoming election" i cringed.

liked the Foos better than Arcade Fire.

Comment

Not exactly Mick's best lyrical work here, but it sounds like something he probably just wrote this week, and didn't put a lot of thought into. But what the fuck, it's still got Jeff Beck in it......

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/yPbYCi-X2TbTc3sgOREiaA"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/yPbYCi-X2TbTc3sgOREiaA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
                        maybe i should have said i got no expectations.
                        One of my absolute favorites.

.....abruptly cut off for JJF near the end, but I like this version.
                        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Man, I know I'm probably way late to the party with this but the new, re-mastered version of Some Girls with bonus tracks is amazing. Just finally got around to buying it the other day.....some really good stuff on that second cd.

Comment

Great stuff indeed, especially "Claudine", dedicated to the Canadian Prime Minister's hot wife, Margaret Trudeau, who in the end of the 70s was strongly attracted to the Stones...
                            Ronnie Wood that is, and maybe Mick Jagger, even.

Maggie "Claudine" must have been Hot Stuff...

She used to wind up at Studio 54 with Ronnie and then (supposedly) Mick by 1979, triggering scandal in Canada.

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

What I find no good in the "Some Girls" reissue is that Jagger indulged himself into re-recording vocals... What a pity...

Mick committed that in too many of the "Exile" bonus tracks. It pissed me when I heard that - spotted the trick at once.
                              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

That's all true, but that's not what Claudine was about at all. Claudine was a real person.... actress Claudine Longet, who was married to singer/TV host Andy Williams. She had an affair with an Olympic skier named Spider Sabich, and she shot & killed him, claiming the gun discharged accidentally. The jury bought it, and she only served 30 days in jail on the charge of "misdemeanor criminal negligence".

Comment

Working...
                                X