• Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
      Diggin' the slide guitar in Brown Sugar. I heard waiting on a friend today on the radio and after it finished the dj said the music was written in 1970 but never had lyrics and was never released until Tattoo you......anyone ever hear of that?
      That's absolutely true. It's the oldest song on Tattoo You. Originally recorded in March of 1970.

Mick attempted a vocal on it once before, but it was a bit of a drunken falsetto mess

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

How would Voodoo Lounge have sounded if Keef did all the vocals?

(actually there IS a bootleg out there that has him singing the whole album)
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This is easily better than about half the songs that actually made it on the Dirty Work album.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• fourthcoming

Is it just me or does this this version of Love Is Strong sound a million times better.....Ford, would you happen to know what the name of that boot is? BTW it is clear that you, Ford are the roth Army's resident Rolling stones aficionado.
            Last edited by Guest; 06-16-2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

this one needed a slide part from Mick Taylor

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There's a 4 disc box called "Voodoo Stew" and one of the discs is all Keef singing the songs from the album. Here's another one....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• fourthcoming

That version of Sparks will fly would be perfect with keith on lead and Mick and keith singing the chorus. I do like the original...can't say that i don't. I think I enjoy Keith's voice more as he has gotten older if that makes any sense. he had great vocals on plenty of tunes over the years and some not so great vocals on others.....he has that perfect raspy, emotion filled voice over time. Some of his earlier vocals sometimes sounded a little.....I don't know if whiny is the right word....but I really enjoy his vocals say from about Some Girls on.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Anyone remember when they were on SNL in '78 doing these three tunes(Beast Of Burden, Respectable, and
                    Shattered)? Pretty crazy performance for the time.
                    I'm surprised nobody uploaded it to youtube(video)

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills

Anyone remember when they were on SNL in '78 doing these three tunes(Beast Of Burden, Respectable, and
                        Shattered)? Pretty crazy performance for the time.
                        I'm surprised nobody uploaded it to youtube(video)
                        It's been uploaded to YouTube several times. Problem is that ANYTHING even remotely related to Saturday Night Live is flagged almost immediately and pulled soon after that. I don't know who Lorne Michaels is paying to troll that website, but they're actually earning their salary.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Don't know if this is leftover footage from the "Gimme Shelter" movie or what, exactly. But decent recordings from the 1969 tour are very rare, and besides Hendrix appears in the clip, so good stuff all around......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And now let's go way the fuck back before most of us were even goddamn born........

Seems that this performance is half live and half lip-synced. Geezus... make up your minds
                              Last edited by FORD; 06-16-2012, 06:39 PM.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This one should sound kinda familiar...... My guess is that someone at the label got a little nervous over Mick singing about "whores" in the chorus, and made them rewrite the lyrics.......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...