Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Roth songs on the tour

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Angry No Roth songs on the tour

This was on Howard Stern this morning and confirmed by Sammy.

According to Hagar, none of the songs that the band originally wrote and performed while David Lee Roth was in the band will be performed on the tour.

http://www.audiorevolution.com/news/...van_halen.html

Not a smart business move. Some of us would pay to hear the old songs, even if sung by Hagar.

pardo
    Fuckin sheer stupidity.

Look how many they did on the VHIII tour. Further proof that Edward actually knows how good classic VH is, but Fat Sam is too intimidated to play it.

Zero respect for that guy.

L.S.D.
    I didnt think thier would be any of those. They are finally doing away with them.. It doesnt matter. they only played the same ones every tour. and they werent the good ones...

I bet they play panama.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I like both iterations of Van Halen. Two very different bands. I do find it funny when people say Van Hagar doesnt rock out.

Humans Being, Seventh Seal, Get Up (especially), Judgement Day etc are perfect examples of VH being heavier than anything DLR did while in the band.

I also didnt have a problem with Sammy singing Jump, I thought he did a great job.

Like I said, I like both, lean toward DLR and I would have settled for the "encore" rumors.

But its completely unacceptable that we wont even hear Jump, Panama, RWD (Sammy does a good version of this too) on this new tour.

Stupid move on their part.

I bet we hear Without You though!

L.S.D.
    Originally posted by Chong Li
    I like both iterations of Van Halen. Two very different bands. I do find it funny when people say Van Hagar doesnt rock out.

Humans Being, Seventh Seal, Get Up (especially), Judgement Day etc are perfect examples of VH being heavier than anything DLR did while in the band.

I also didnt have a problem with Sammy singing Jump, I thought he did a great job.

Like I said, I like both, lean toward DLR and I would have settled for the "encore" rumors.

But its completely unacceptable that we wont even hear Jump, Panama, RWD (Sammy does a good version of this too) on this new tour.

Stupid move on their part.

I bet we hear Without You though!
    I garuntee they will not play one lick of anything off of VH3. that is a garuntee.

pardo
    Ed'll likely wanna play somethin off VHIII to prove some stupid point. He's gay like that.

L.S.D.
    one point could that be? that it sucked ass and bombed?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Come on guys, this is good news. Who wants to hear perferctly good Van Halen songs ruined by those screeching vocals. Besides, they have no right to play those songs that Dave wrote.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

L.S.D.
    actually eddie wrote them, dlr wrote the lyrics. you should know that.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Right let Dave butcher them himself with his own VH cover band.

L.S.D.
    no shit.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Brett
    Fucking Moron is at it again I see! How you get away with your bullshit comments is beyond me. Sarge should ban your sorry ass once and for all. Yes Dave buther the songs alright! You fucking hemorrhoid-chewing, fuck-faced jizzmopper!
    Roth has perfomed amazing with the old material but you're too fucking stupid and deaf to realize that by not hearing the boots out there or seeing him live lately from the current tour.
    As if Hagar didn't butcher the classic material from past tours you fucking wank-faced shithead!
    Fuck off and die already!

L.S.D.
    Originally posted by VH LINKS SUCKS
    Fucking Moron is at it again I see! How you get away with your bullshit comments is beyond me. Sarge should ban your sorry ass once and for all. Yes Dave buther the songs alright! You fucking hemorrhoid-chewing, fuck-faced jizzmopper!
    Roth has perfomed amazing with the old material but you're too fucking stupid and deaf to realize that by not hearing the boots out there or seeing him live lately from the current tour.
    As if Hagar didn't butcher the classic material from past tours you fucking wank-faced shithead!
    Fuck off and die already!
    Roth has no voice left. what the hell are you seeing and hearing? And lay off the fuck you and die comments. Were not at war here bud.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by L.S.D.
    no shit.

And fuck you to you fudge-packing troll from the links! Don't bring your bullshit here from the links and jackoff your leader Norton on the way into the Roth Army. Stay at your dump and spew you're useless rants there, nobody cares for it here.

You penis-nibbling, cunt-faced Hagartard!

Lou
    I didnt think thier would be any of those. They are finally doing away with them.. It doesnt matter. they only played the same ones every tour. and they werent the good ones...

I bet they play panama.
    Yeah those songs weren't very good anyway. I'm glad "thier" aren't any of those. I mean out with the old, in with the new. Love Walks In, When It's Love, Why Can't This Be Love, Can't Stop Loving You, Not Enough, that's what I'm talking about. Because let's face it, the songs they did with that other guy were just a warm up to the more mature, evolved sound that began when Sammy Hagar took the helm. This is Sam's band, always has been. Glad that they're finally coming full circle and I can't wait to pay $87.50 plus over $10 in fees for my ticket. I can't even imagine the goosebumps I'll be feeling the moment I hear those gorgeous love ballads.

Hey guys let's get a party together down at the Wachovia Center for this show alright? I'll be there with the $50 Cabo Wabo tequila!

L.S.D.
    enjoy the long road bro. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. DLR is finished and you fucking know it. queer.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    This tour is gonna bite. No dave songs? Big fucking mistake. Oh well. Should be good for a laugh.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Roth has no voice left. what the hell are you seeing and hearing? And lay off the fuck you and die comments. Were not at war here bud.
    That's right FUCK OFF AND DIE punk!

What the fuck am I hearing? I saw him live not too long ago and he sounded great. Can't help the fact you're to fucking stupid and deaf!
    Besides you shit-munching Norton ass fucking troll, this is WAR with you fucknuts!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Phew...I thought you were talking to me there LSD. See, if you were you'd already be Fucked off, and Dead. That's right. suckle the tit like a good little bitch.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    enjoy the long road bro. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. DLR is finished and you fucking know it. queer.

Yeah the band and in particular EDDIE and his dancing cha-cha-cheea-pet Spammy said they would never do a tour of this kind! A best of tour? Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah enjoy dishing out you're $100 for a tour without new material to tour with, with the exception of 3 lame tunes to go with.

And if you think old Spammy can knock out the old Van Hagar tunes he did 20 years ago then being 60 isn't so bad? WRONG!
    It sucks especially as a singer and it'll show when Spammy's voice cracks just like it did at the end of the Balance tour and most recently!

Enjoy the RIP YOU OFF tour fuck head!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah I cant believe theres at least 5 morons in this Army that are Fagar fans, and there panties are wet thinking about waiting in line to waste money on a carbon copy rock band. Have fun girls!

is fuckin' yer girlfriend
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I bet they play panama.
    Finally doing away with them??

You are so fucking jaded it isn't funny, sheep. Or is it cheese boy?

The only reason why Hagar won't sing any classic tunes is because he can't bring the stellar vibe to them that Roth did/does, so he half asses them...

If he doesn't want to play them, then get off the stage & let Mike sing.

Yeah...the world would rather hear Cheese Walks In than Ain't Talkin' Bout Love....

Are you bucking for mod at the Links or something?
    "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
    "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
    "Fuck you, Fluffy."
    "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
    "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
    "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
    "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
    "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
    "N--- yeah."

pat tillman rip
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    one point could that be? that it sucked ass and bombed?
    IT WAS BETTER THAN ANYTHING THEY DID WITH SAMMY.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You wouldn't know because you couldn't be bothered to check out the gig when it came to your town. When I saw him last year he actually sang more of the lyrics than he did when I saw Van Halen in 84. Oh well, maybe Guns n Roses will release the Chinese Democracy and you can stand in line all night for your copy like you did for Use Your Illusions.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At a Dave site, with over 100 posts in 3 days, Fair Warning as your avatar, and bashing Dave at every turn, but you're not at war here.

Hypocrite in my opinion.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by weesfreewheelin
    You wouldn't know because you couldn't be bothered to check out the gig when it came to your town. When I saw him last year he actually sang more of the lyrics than he did when I saw Van Halen in 84. Oh well, maybe Guns n Roses will release the Chinese Democracy and you can stand in line all night for your copy like you did for Use Your Illusions.
    LOL, classic dude!

Beer Drinker&Hell Raiser
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Panamark
    ... Who wants to hear perferctly good Van Halen songs ruined by those screeching vocals...
    Exactly.
    "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I am glad Sammy isn't singing any Dave songs!
    He never sang them worth a shit anyways.

"I got my ass against the record machine"
    Gimme a fucking break
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Pervert On A Park Bench
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's okk...I'm gonna take our generator, and go to every Van Halen tour stop....and jam Dave-era tunes in the parking lot just before the show....and then invite everyone over to the nearest bar so they can skip the real show.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Sarge

Gimme a fucking break

Better watch what you say Sarge!!! Bid Bad Brett is gonna let you know that Dave is gonna butcher those songs with his VH cover band! Cover band? Dave help contribute to the classics, Spammy didn't! Dave has every right singing those tunes with whomever he wants!

So Fuck off Norton you fag.

watcha readin for?
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Gimme a fucking break
    Agreed. At least we have something to hold sacred while this "party band" attempts to supplant Aerosmith as the aging Super Bowl bitches. I can actually see Ed and the guy from Montrose sharing the stage with that talented Timberlake fag and Brittney. Let those fuckers go. Dave is better than this!!

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I bet they play panama.
    but they were always the closing songs you little bitch! LOL

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ALinChainz
    At a Dave site, with over 100 posts in 3 days, Fair Warning as your avatar, and bashing Dave at every turn, but you're not at war here.

Hypocrite in my opinion.
    closeted is more like it

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey you guys are going too far. Too much Hate for Spermmy. I never once said he couldn't sing. I just figured he's sing better if we get him gang fucked by a bunch of prison boys, torture his family and steal his car....The we will allow him his dignity back.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They shouldn't have released that no old songs would be played.

no RWTD?!??
    You Really Got Me!?!?!?
    And The Cradle Will Rock!?!?!?!?
    SO THIS IS LOVE!?!?!?
    Beautiful Girls!?!?!?
    MEANSTREET
    LITTLE GUITARS
    HOT 4 TEACHER
    PANAMA
    ETC

Not trying to piss anyone off here
    But there's no hype to this

Why Can't This Be Love
    &
    Right Now
    are not enough to hype this into big venues.

no one is going to be bothered for this.

U2 is, once again, gonna be the biggest tour

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And the Stones! Van Hagar will be laughed out of the arenas. Betcha they get cancels

Beer Drinker&Hell Raiser
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ... "I got my ass against the record machine"
    Gimme a fucking break
    And never mind his "You know, I could lose my ass up here baby..." in ATBL... Ugh.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    And the Stones! Van Hagar will be laughed out of the arenas. Betcha they get cancels
    Don't hate me, but I browsed the links awhile back. Not as a member of course. And found a link to a VH Balance bootleg.

The closing songs were panama, how do i know when it's love, you really got me, & jump.

are they fucking kidding?

what are they gonna close with now?

It's just my opinion, but outside of these boards, there is no excitement among the populace man.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gimme a fucking break
    that's why they were only producing shit...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fucking pots and kettles after your shit with Lou.

You haven't even seen Daves band.

Cheers!

Thread Information