X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    Hillary is like eating at KFC. You get two large thighs, two small breasts and a left wing.
    HaHa.that's funny.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rebel
      U2 hasn't put out a "great" album since the Joshua Tree. Aerosmith is still around (god knows they suck), it's called marketing.
      U2 still has their original members, and they still write their own material (apart from the occasional live cover tunes). The comparison to Aeroshit doesn't work. U2 never hired someone out of a bar band to play the Edge's parts while he was in rehab and then turned to Michael Bolton's corporate whores to write their songs.

U2's worst song (pick anything on the Passengers album) is still 20 times better than "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing".
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Phil theStalker
        Performers don't have the anwers.
        I agree totally.

But here's a thought were Reagan, Clinton and GW performers too?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Dude, they suck...

Dude, go listen to your jerkoff Yngwie Malmstein crap....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by thome
            My post was in reference to Hillary
            and the Dems fooling You- Too .They, Her, The Band, Its a Hook,
            You Mr. Wizard You.
            GW and the Clintons all of THE THEM have the same Broker.

Wake Up :eek:
            Wow, a 44-year old illiterate/troll from KansasS City telling me to wake up. Priceless...

Hey, did you notice Frist was also called out? or where you too busy feltching lms2 in her trailer? I aSSure you, she's fooling you too clown...

Comment

• thome
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              Wow, a 44-year old illiterate/troll from KansasS City telling me to wake up. Priceless...

Hey, did you notice Frist was also called out? or where you too busy feltching lms2 in her trailer? I aSSure you, she's fooling you too clown...
              But i can't stop loving her, after she told
              me what a stud in bed You were, what with You bringing two other
              men to bed or You couldn't get it up. Im trying to please her best i can.
              By the way, back on subject, they are all Fat Cats playing a game.

Jus like oposing Lawyers and the Judges all going for lunch together
              playing the Clients like fools.If you don't see this you are part of the
              problem with your lofty Ideals of justice and equal rites and
              proper representation .You remind me of a first year Law Student
              who doesn't get it.

Comment

• Rebel
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                U2 still has their original members, and they still write their own material (apart from the occasional live cover tunes). The comparison to Aeroshit doesn't work. U2 never hired someone out of a bar band to play the Edge's parts while he was in rehab and then turned to Michael Bolton's corporate whores to write their songs.

U2's worst song (pick anything on the Passengers album) is still 20 times better than "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing".
                Your right on all those points, but U2 is at least as big, probably a bigger, sellout than Aeroshit. That's what has pissed me off about those guys. Amazing how they started out as an anti-corporate Irish band, and here we are.
                The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• scamper
                  Commando
                  • May 2005

I'm hoping that they play "Sunday Bloody Sunday" at this show, and that they bring back the extended political rant in the middle, and tell off Rick and his scalper buddies. Or they could do "Bullet the Blue Sky" and say "The God I believe in doesn't charge $1000 for a concert ticket, MISTER!"
                  If you're scalping U2 tickets for $1000 you're only charging $5.00 over face value anyway, not a huge profit margin. They're pretty proud of they're concerts.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Rebel
                    Aerosmith is still around (god knows they suck),
                    they don't suck live!
                    gnaw on it

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      Dude, go listen to your jerkoff Yngwie Malmstein crap....
                      I just saw this...

I think I'll do just that...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        I just saw this...

I think I'll do just that...

"Why can't the night last forever...."

Uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh!

Comment

• UGS
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2005

I don't like their new stuff too much, but Achtung Baby will always be one of the best albums by any band ever IMO
                          Keep on Rothing in the Free World

Comment

• 4moreyears
                            Commando
                            • Oct 2004

How this started was earlier this week, that "always unimpeachably accurate" source of information NewsHAX was reporting that U2 was holding a private fundraiser concert for Rick "man on dog" Santorum at the price of $1000 a ticket.

Naturally, this caused an international storm of controversy, since U2's political viewpoints are not exactly secret. And not exactly neoconservative.

The reality was that someone in the Santorum camp had purchased a block of tickets and was selling them at the high price to Republicans who wanted to meet the Prickster.

In other words, SCALPING the tickets, which I always thought was illegal. Except when Republicans do it, I guess.

In either case, the band had nothing whatsoever to do with it. Or the Hillary scalping either. Actually, this is the first I've heard of that one.

Not surprising since Hillary and the other DLC stooges do everything else exactly like the Repukelicans do.
                            The Chicago Cubs own a broker and sell tickets to their fans for high demand games. White Sox, Yankees, Cardinals and others. It is all supply and demand. It does suck to thing that the Tribune Company has to screw their fans. But they are assholes. I would expect a free ticket if I had to sit next to Hillary for the show.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

TicketBastard needs to set a limit of tickets per customer and have that apply to EVERYONE. It's absolutely unfair that the best tickets to most events are never truly up for sale to begin with, because radio stations, and more recently corporations and politicians buy up entire sections of seats.

U2 wants to play the shows for their fans, and I'm sure other bands feel the same way. And I'm sure the Cubs would rather see true baseball fans pacing their stadium. Just another example of what's fucked about Corporatist America.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• 4moreyears
                                Commando
                                • Oct 2004

TicketBastard needs to set a limit of tickets per customer and have that apply to EVERYONE. It's absolutely unfair that the best tickets to most events are never truly up for sale to begin with, because radio stations, and more recently corporations and politicians buy up entire sections of seats.

U2 wants to play the shows for their fans, and I'm sure other bands feel the same way. And I'm sure the Cubs would rather see true baseball fans pacing their stadium. Just another example of what's fucked about Corporatist America.

Is there such a thing as a true baseball fan at Wrigley Field.

Comment

Working...