Thread: End of the world as we know it?

who cares?
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-18-2015 @ 11:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hey SuzieQ... saw where you had been ill and in the hospital. Hope all is better now!

The end of the world as we know it?

The world, as we know it, ends each time the sun goes down, and a new world begins with the dawn of each new day. Birth is but the first step in our journey to death. Change begins within. And, as we change the way we see the world we live in, the world we live in begins to change.

You talk of zombies and monsters inhabiting the earth... but if you look at todays society through the eyes of our ancient ancestors, are we not already zombies and monsters? (think old time quaker/puritan values in downtown LA/NY or any major metropolis here)

The end is near...I remember hearing it when I was a baby...and I believe that yes, the end is near. Time flies...and the older you get, the truer this becomes. So much to do, so little time. I'm late, i'm late, i'm late!

I think you left out the ozone layer, the aids epidemic, and the picture of the old indian guy with the tear in his eye looking at all the litter and polution in what use to be his lands... "only after the last tree has been cut down, after the last fish has been killed...only then will you find that money cannot be eaten".

Terrorism? Cathedral is right about not fearing terrorism. They cannot take our freedom away... but we sure as hell can give it away. When we live in a world where we cannot trust our friends and neighbors, and must suspect everyone we meet of evil doing...and we develop the mind set of do unto others before they do unto you...we pretty much have.

Whether you believe in God, as I do, or whether you believe in science, as so many others do, the bottom line is that yes... the end is near. Near having a very broad meaning covering thousands of years of miniscule changes. But when we reach the point that our lives center around preparing for the end instead of living for the moment... the end has already passed us by.

Live for today, enjoy each and every moment you have on this earth... it may be your last, but even if its not... a moment wasted can never be recaptured...the past is just that... past. The future is uncertain... but RIGHT NOW is yours to hold and mold. Enjoy it.

I think I am gonna go call my momma.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2010 @ 04:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Susie Q
    Why is it, one can just feel safe with your wise words there Cat?
    You have to just take a page out of my good buddy Chong's book, and it says, "Don't worry bout it!"...

What i am worried about is that i have had this urge to hear REM since last night.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2010 @ 04:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Molly Blue
    Hey SuzieQ... saw where you had been ill and in the hospital. Hope all is better now!

The world, as we know it, ends each time the sun goes down, and a new world begins with the dawn of each new day. Birth is but the first step in our journey to death. Change begins within. And, as we change the way we see the world we live in, the world we live in begins to change.

You talk of zombies and monsters inhabiting the earth... but if you look at todays society through the eyes of our ancient ancestors, are we not already zombies and monsters? (think old time quaker/puritan values in downtown LA/NY or any major metropolis here)

The end is near...I remember hearing it when I was a baby...and I believe that yes, the end is near. Time flies...and the older you get, the truer this becomes. So much to do, so little time. I'm late, i'm late, i'm late!

I think you left out the ozone layer, the aids epidemic, and the picture of the old indian guy with the tear in his eye looking at all the litter and polution in what use to be his lands... "only after the last tree has been cut down, after the last fish has been killed...only then will you find that money cannot be eaten".

Terrorism? Cathedral is right about not fearing terrorism. They cannot take our freedom away... but we sure as hell can give it away. When we live in a world where we cannot trust our friends and neighbors, and must suspect everyone we meet of evil doing...and we develop the mind set of do unto others before they do unto you...we pretty much have.

Whether you believe in God, as I do, or whether you believe in science, as so many others do, the bottom line is that yes... the end is near. Near having a very broad meaning covering thousands of years of miniscule changes. But when we reach the point that our lives center around preparing for the end instead of living for the moment... the end has already passed us by.

Live for today, enjoy each and every moment you have on this earth... it may be your last, but even if its not... a moment wasted can never be recaptured...the past is just that... past. The future is uncertain... but RIGHT NOW is yours to hold and mold. Enjoy it.

No shit, i think i wanna hug someone after reading that post.
    That is the most awesome post i have ever read.

Because I can, dammit!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2018 @ 12:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Molly Blue

Good god Molly, that was a great post. Yah, I spent half of the month of September in the damn hospital. I was quite literally on my death bed. So to have to meet the maker anytime soon, I was a bit hard pressed to say the least. I want to make sure my babies have a Mommy to see them through whatever come what may. Thanks for asking, and yes...all is better now.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    05-15-2006 @ 08:49 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I am glad to know that you are better SusieQ.
    Millermoos

Thread Information