Thread: Respect for Sammy

pongracj

Respect for Sammy

Hey everyone I don't have anything against Roth, I love the guy and his music is great. I also think Sammy is great to, not better then Roth but he is a great rocker for a almost 60 year old man. I think that you guys should be happy that Van Halen is pulling there gear out of the closet and going on the road. Mike, Alex and Eddie are still in there, and it is still Van Halen. I think there are a lot of people on this site that have no respect for Van Halen's music. Some of you say you hate the Sammy days and that it is all shit. Well you know what it is VAN HALEN, and thats the bottom line. I bet you when Van Halen comes rolling into your town, most of Sammy haters will be there to see them rock.

I have seen both Sammy and Roth perform and I must say they both put on a great show.

I am happy that they are going on the road, even if my favorite front man isn't there, but I will still go see them because VAN HALEN is the GREATEST BAND EVER and there is no show like it.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2020 @ 07:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Please be warned. You will be bashed for this post.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

watcha readin for?
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-04-2022 @ 02:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pongracj
    [B]I think that you guys should be happy that Van Halen is pulling there gear out of the closet and going on the road.

That's not the only thing coming out of the closet on this tour. C'mon man, you have to make it more difficult than that!

Beer Drinker&Hell Raiser
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-29-2023 @ 11:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Stay Frosty!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-29-2016 @ 09:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I started to have a bit of Respect for the Red Chunka when he was saying all that shit that Van Halen needed to get Dave and Sam back,
    its what the fans deserve etc. Remember this, around the start of the
    Dave/Sam tour? Then the more he started talking, the more I realized
    that he was full of shit. There is only one thing important to Sammy, and that is Sammy. I dont have one bit of respect for this guy.
    Apart from that he has a really annoying voice. Like nails scratching down a blackboard or two cats fighting at night. I cant stand it. Looks
    like Im about to miss more of Ed's guitaring. Although Im not sure I
    would want to hear the neutured version of EVH, anyways.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2010 @ 02:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Panamark
    I dont have one bit of respect for this guy.
    Apart from that he has a really annoying voice. Like nails scratching down a blackboard or two cats fighting at night. I cant stand it. Looks
    like Im about to miss more of Ed's guitaring. Although Im not sure I
    would want to hear the neutured version of EVH, anyways.
    Mate, that sums up my opinion to the letter!!!

Lou
    Yeah here's my respect:

Van Hagar

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Get this thread out of here...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by MAX
    Mate, that sums up my opinion to the letter!!!
    Cheers MAX ! Good to see you keeping the Hagarites in check, I bet theres about five thousand one inch erections happening over at the links

Stay Frosty!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-29-2016 @ 09:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Sammy in Van Halen =

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Panamark
    Cheers MAX ! Good to see you keeping the Hagarites in check, I bet theres about five thousand one inch erections happening over at the links
    I can't mate. I'm non-music only from now on over there. I'm a permanent fixture in too many sports pools and I have too many mates that I've never talked VH with that I could never dis. There really are a lot of fucking stellar people over there.

Regardless, I'm so fucking pissed off right now. With so many of those fuckers, not people who've known each other for a long time but all of the new posters who hog the forums and disrespect and talk shit. I'm fucking hurt, angry and don't want any part of that shit. I'm NEVER resigning from there but I'm fucking about to go ballistic.

I do respect, like Brett and many others but I'm not going to hang around and put up with new mouthy Hagar fuckers.

Sad, so fucking sad.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Can you please speak in complete sentences ??

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about...

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Elvis, at this point neither do I?

pongracj
    I love how you guys blow shit way out of proportion. I said I like Roth better then Hagar, It is all mucic. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to like Sammy's music. And Max you are 33 and I am 45 I was listening to music before your mother thought of having you. I am a mouthy Roth addict and have seen him perform over 16 times. I am also a mouthy Sammy fan because it is all Van Halen.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by pongracj
    Max you are 33 and I am 45 I was listening to music before your mother thought of having you. I am a mouthy Roth addict and have seen him perform over 16 times. I am also a mouthy Sammy fan because it is all Van Halen.
    Cool enough and I appreciate your comments. I dunno, I guess I'm just so biased because 1984 Front Row was my first concert EVER!!! After witnessing that, I only expect the best. DLR, EVH, MA and AVH IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE VAN HALEN FOR ME!!!!

Sammy just sucks in my book.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    05-06-2023 @ 04:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by MAX
    Cool enough and I appreciate your comments. I dunno, I guess I'm just so biased because 1984 Front Row was my first concert EVER!!! After witnessing that, I only expect the best. DLR, EVH, MA and AVH IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE VAN HALEN FOR ME!!!!

Sammy just sucks in my book.
    seriously

I remember being 14.

Seeing Sammy on Mtv. Always considered him a kind of B rated rock star. Even at that young age I couldn't consider "i cant drive 55" real rock. But then again I've been playing guitar since I was 9.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2014 @ 02:38 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hey everyone I don't have anything against Roth, I love the guy and his music is great. I also think Sammy is great to, not better then Roth but he is a great rocker for a almost 60 year old man. I think that you guys should be happy that Van Halen is pulling there gear out of the closet and going on the road. Mike, Alex and Eddie are still in there, and it is still Van Halen. I think there are a lot of people on this site that have no respect for Van Halen's music. Some of you say you hate the Sammy days and that it is all shit. Well you know what it is VAN HALEN, and thats the bottom line. I bet you when Van Halen comes rolling into your town, most of Sammy haters will be there to see them rock.

I have seen both Sammy and Roth perform and I must say they both put on a great show.

I am happy that they are going on the road, even if my favorite front man isn't there, but I will still go see them because VAN HALEN is the GREATEST BAND EVER and there is no show like it.
    i agree im a van halen fan period. just not w/gary

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by ELVIS
    I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about...
    Jesus Christ...I can't believe this was a post you made...

at least it was almost a complete thought...

1. No respect for Sammy...not one word that comes out of that fat moron's mouth is ever true...I can't wait to see the first interview they make so I can listen to those lying idiots make complete asses out of themselves...much like our esteemed knock-off king of rock and roll does daily...

2. I don't hate those that come in here saying that VH is just as good with Roth or Hagar...I can't hate someone for being an ignorant ass...

3. The bottom line here is that VH, in the pathetic state they were in, actually had to beg that fat, old bastard to come back...

Van Halen begging Sammy Hagar...

Now...did you ever think you'd here that shit back in 1984? Hell...in 1996?

That says it all...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I love how you guys blow shit way out of proportion. I said I like Roth better then Hagar, It is all mucic. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to like Sammy's music. And Max you are 33 and I am 45 I was listening to music before your mother thought of having you. I am a mouthy Roth addict and have seen him perform over 16 times. I am also a mouthy Sammy fan because it is all Van Halen.
    Holy shit...did y'all know that being a rock and roll fan had something to do with how old you were...so apparently...

the older you are...the more appreciative of Good Solid Rock and Roll you are...

which would explain why that old bastard Hagar is back in the fold (not that any of them are young...)

See...I always thought if you could HEAR, you could appreciate Rock and Roll (and I apologize to all the hearing impaired...or just the impaired...ie...Elvis)...

So no dude...noone's telling you you CAN'T like both...hell...go on going for it...that's great...that's wonderful...

It makes sense that you like Roth with VH...that shit was classic stuff...some of the best Rock and Roll music of all time...

And Sammy...well...my wife thinks his voice is swell...

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

van halen 1 is the best album ever recorded in history period.

but your wife was right pojo sam does have a swell voice
    as you can hear in songs like pound cake black and blue best of both worlds sammy is a great singer, at least we dont have to hear another cd w/gary singin

pongracj
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    [B] Holy shit...did y'all know that being a rock and roll fan had something to do with how old you were...so apparently...
    he older you are...the more appreciative of Good Solid Rock and Roll you are...

Ok so I shouldnt have said that because it is true I have met 7 year olds who play guitar with the same passion as a person who has been playing for 30 years, that’s what I do for a living. It just makes me mad when there are some narrow minded people on this site. Some people are so angry about Sammy. I am pissed but I am not about to sit in front of a stadium with a picket sign saying Hagar sucks, when I could be inside listening to the best guitars player.

Hey but I am an idiot for liking Sammy right, and I guess I am also an idiot for liking Slash and his new band. The Roth era is Classic Van Halen and should never be performed by anyone but Roth himself. The news is Sammy won’t be playing any Roth songs.

Gary was a big mistake, and they know that. That’s why he is not on stage anymore. Gary was awesome in EXTREME though with Nuno.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pongracj
    [B]
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Holy shit...did y'all know that being a rock and roll fan had something to do with how old you were...so apparently...
    he older you are...the more appreciative of Good Solid Rock and Roll you are...

Ok so I shouldnt have said that because it is true I have met 7 year olds who play guitar with the same passion as a person who has been playing for 30 years, that’s what I do for a living. It just makes me mad when there are some narrow minded people on this site. Some people are so angry about Sammy. I am pissed but I am not about to sit in front of a stadium with a picket sign saying Hagar sucks, when I could be inside listening to the best guitars player.

Hey but I am an idiot for liking Sammy right, and I guess I am also an idiot for liking Slash and his new band. The Roth era is Classic Van Halen and should never be performed by anyone but Roth himself. The news is Sammy won’t be playing any Roth songs.

Gary was a big mistake, and they know that. That’s why he is not on stage anymore. Gary was awesome in EXTREME though with Nuno.
    bro i agree w/ya 100%

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks

sarajevo says: bollocks

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

after 84 it was a sad time for awhile

Dave IS VH
    So there are some of your people, that will buy a ticket to see a Van Hagar Reunion and give Spammy and Eddie your hard earn money?

That ass hole isn't getting any of my money!!!!!!!

Those of you that support this reunion tour and that will be going.

Shame on you!!!!!!!

Phil da Stalker

VH PARTY'S OVER

Originally posted by Dave IS VH
    So there are some of your people, that will buy a ticket to see a Van Hagar Reunion and give Spammy and Eddie your hard earn money?

That ass hole isn't getting any of my money!!!!!!!

Those of you that support this reunion tour and that will be going.

Shame on you!!!!!!!
    ..wat doo ye doo wit a party band wen da party's ova?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I wouldn't waste my time picketing for Sammy sucking...I can figure that out when I hear another guitar god playing a fucking pansy ass chick song...

Hey but I am an idiot for liking Sammy right, and I guess I am also an idiot for liking Slash and his new band.
    No...the comparison would be if Slash was touting his new band as Guns and Roses...as that ass Axl is doing.

The Roth era is Classic Van Halen and should never be performed by anyone but Roth himself. The news is Sammy won’t be playing any Roth songs.
    Thank God...

Oy...Extreme...I don't have the energy for that topic...

Dave IS VH
    Eddie should of done the right thing and call Dave to reunite the real VH.

Everyone wants a VH reunion with Dave, but He calls the Fagit Hagar instead.

Shows how much Eddie gives a shit huh.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-10-2015 @ 11:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

There is no Van Halen...

thefive
    pongracj the one that started this thread.

You have to be a Sammy fan to write this.

It just rolls me how the Sam fans come out of the SPAM can and post this type of spam.

thefive

Thread Information