Last Online
    11-15-2023 @ 08:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Diamond Dave on the Sopranos 3-28-2004

Click to send as a postcardDIAMOND
    DAVE ON THE SOPRANOS

Be sure to check out David Lee Roth starring as himself on the Sopranos starting 3-28-2004. He will make appearances in 3 episodes this year.
    The picture above is from this months Rollingstone magazine and contains the caption "You know 20 years ago, Tony Soprano was driving around Jersey in his Iroc-Z just blasting the Van Halen."

If you miss the episode or don't have HBO.. don't worry, chances are is that we will have it available to view on this website.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

TMR
    Thanks SARGE!!!
    I don't have HBO.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

miwako

I wanna see his acting!

Hi Sarge. I'm miwako.
    This is the first time to reply to someone.

I can watch the Sopranos on pay-TV channel.
    In Japan, the fourth season will start in April.
    I guess it may be old episodes which had already been
    broadcasted in US.
    Do you know what season Dave appeared?
    I'm not interested in that drama, but if I can see his acting,
    I'll check it out!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Just a couple of lines

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    11-15-2023 @ 08:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Yeah, I didn't expect much though....

The "condoms" line was alright, they could've done better that that IMO....

Would've been nice if they would've thrown a VH comment in there....

The Cosmic Shame
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-06-2010 @ 12:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe this will start of a competition.... who knows, we might see Ed and Sam on Queer As Folk!

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 02:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by fe_lung
    Maybe this will start of a competition.... who knows, we might see Ed and Sam on Queer As Folk!
    LOL ... Killer first post !

GUMP
    Hope Dave dosn't get wacked on the Sopranos, like VAN HALEN WACKED HIM!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-02-2004 @ 02:03 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blacked Out Website

:confused:
    How long do you think David will leave his site blacked out. Back in 1983 I was a Van Halen and David Lee Roth fan. Got busy raising a family... didn't follow David or Van Halen much until back in February when my interst was renewed. Does he often black out his site. Is he pouting about the Van Hagar reunion? What is going on with him????

Sammy Sucks
    Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    08-15-2004 @ 04:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Angry Van Hagar June 8th Philadelphia

I, inexcusably went to see Van Hagar on June 8th in Philadelphia, Pa.. I DID wear my Roth T-shirt from when I saw him last summer at the Keswick in Glenside. I ABSOLUTELY did not want to go, but my husband just HAD to see them and begged me to go.

Here are my takes on the Shindig!

1. They played the Wachovia Center and didn't even sell out 1/2 of it! As soon as we walked in they told us to get our tickets upgraded! They were less sold out then Fleetwood Mac spring 03. There were more empty seats then full seats!
    2. T-Shirts were $40 & $50 dollars! That is CRAZY! When I saw Roth/Hagar 2 summers ago, Sammy's T-Shirts were $40 and Roth's were $20! They obviously have a elevated Ego to think someone would pay $50.00 for a Van Hagar T-Shirt.
    3. Eddie looked like a Fucking CORPSE playing the Guitar with a wig on! I don't know if anyone has noticed his teeth, but they are GOD AWFUL! NO wonder Valerie divorced his Bucked Teeth ASS!
    4. Sammy DID look like a FAT SANTA! He sounded GOD AWFUL! I couldn't make out one word that came out of that FAT BASTARD's MOUTH!
    5. Could someone tell me why he had to open with Jump and continue to play DLR songs. He did 6! All I could think of was Rock Star with Mark Wahlberg. A man singing songs that another man made famous! He was with VH for 10 Fucking years, why couldn't he play his own songs. BECAUSE VAN HAGAR couldn't stand on their own. Note to Sammy-You absolutely SUCK at singing DLR VH songs!
    6. They had Michael Anthony singing most of the Vocals to Running with the Devil! He sounded SO much better then the FAT SANTA.
    7. Then we had to suffer through the solos. Sammy's wasn't too bad, the song sucked but at least it was a song. Eddie played the guitar for what seemed like at eternity and all it was, was NOISE. There was no ryme or reason to it. The same goes for Alex. All I could think of when he was playing was the Planet of The Apes. Alex looked like one of the Apes. Michael Anthony's was much of the same. It was a 2 hour set filled with 4 solos, 6 DLR songs and a few Van Hagar
    songs.
    8. Sammy is a BIG FAT BASTARD for rejoing the VH brothers.

Sammy Sucks
    Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

OOPs, I meant June 17th 2004!

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Thanks Sarge.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-10-2012 @ 06:38 PM
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

Re: Van Hagar June 8th Philadelphia

Originally posted by Margaret
    I, inexcusably went to see Van Hagar on June 8th in Philadelphia, Pa.. I DID wear my Roth T-shirt from when I saw him last summer at the Keswick in Glenside. I ABSOLUTELY did not want to go, but my husband just HAD to see them and begged me to go.

Here are my takes on the Shindig!

1. They played the Wachovia Center and didn't even sell out 1/2 of it! As soon as we walked in they told us to get our tickets upgraded! They were less sold out then Fleetwood Mac spring 03. There were more empty seats then full seats!
    2. T-Shirts were $40 & $50 dollars! That is CRAZY! When I saw Roth/Hagar 2 summers ago, Sammy's T-Shirts were $40 and Roth's were $20! They obviously have a elevated Ego to think someone would pay $50.00 for a Van Hagar T-Shirt.
    3. Eddie looked like a Fucking CORPSE playing the Guitar with a wig on! I don't know if anyone has noticed his teeth, but they are GOD AWFUL! NO wonder Valerie divorced his Bucked Teeth ASS!
    4. Sammy DID look like a FAT SANTA! He sounded GOD AWFUL! I couldn't make out one word that came out of that FAT BASTARD's MOUTH!
    5. Could someone tell me why he had to open with Jump and continue to play DLR songs. He did 6! All I could think of was Rock Star with Mark Wahlberg. A man singing songs that another man made famous! He was with VH for 10 Fucking years, why couldn't he play his own songs. BECAUSE VAN HAGAR couldn't stand on their own. Note to Sammy-You absolutely SUCK at singing DLR VH songs!
    6. They had Michael Anthony singing most of the Vocals to Running with the Devil! He sounded SO much better then the FAT SANTA.
    7. Then we had to suffer through the solos. Sammy's wasn't too bad, the song sucked but at least it was a song. Eddie played the guitar for what seemed like at eternity and all it was, was NOISE. There was no ryme or reason to it. The same goes for Alex. All I could think of when he was playing was the Planet of The Apes. Alex looked like one of the Apes. Michael Anthony's was much of the same. It was a 2 hour set filled with 4 solos, 6 DLR songs and a few Van Hagar
    songs.
    8. Sammy is a BIG FAT BASTARD for rejoing the VH brothers.
    Welcome to the Army sweetheart! I feel for you, having to sit through what you described. Especially when you know deep down, what that concert really could've been.
    The more they do, they do bad.
    Dave stands almost still and the media is following his moves. What does that tell ya?! Fucking right, Roth rules!

Sammy Sucks
    Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dude! You have no idea how painful it really WAS! My man and I are still talking about it. How GOD AWFUL it was. In fact, when we saw DLR last summer we got the free program they handed out and the news paper article from when Roth cut himself along with our tickets and some little pictures of DLR and Edward Fucking Van Suck A LOT and put them in a frame. I put a bubble thing coming out of Ed's mouth saying "Dave, Buddy we need you back, Sammy Sucks".

I'm an October 10th Baby, So DLR will always have my heart over ANYONE that tries to take his place!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-10-2012 @ 06:38 PM
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

Dude! You have no idea how painful it really WAS! My man and I are still talking about it. How GOD AWFUL it was. In fact, when we saw DLR last summer we got the free program they handed out and the news paper article from when Roth cut himself along with our tickets and some little pictures of DLR and Edward Fucking Van Suck A LOT and put them in a frame. I put a bubble thing coming out of Ed's mouth saying "Dave, Buddy we need you back, Sammy Sucks".

I'm an October 10th Baby, So DLR will always have my heart over ANYONE that tries to take his place!
    Awesome! We need more people like you in the Army! You've been through Hell and back and it's time for the rehabbing. Id hate to have to sit through Sam "trying" to sing Dave songs. I would feel ripped off and cheated. If anything they should just play their own crap and stop tarnishing what's left of the Classic material. It's a shame the band doesn't think like that. Ed's trying in vain to recapture the majic, but it just won't happen without a phone call and a peace offering they can both live with.

Sammy Sucks
    Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

AMEN!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    In fact, when we saw DLR last summer we got the free program they handed out and the news paper article from when Roth cut himself along with our tickets and some little pictures of DLR and Edward Fucking Van Suck A LOT and put them in a frame. I put a bubble thing coming out of Ed's mouth saying "Dave, Buddy we need you back, Sammy Sucks".

Post a pic of it sweetie...

Sammy Sucks
    Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

After much labor, here it is. Had to resize it, much too big of a file. Sorry you can't get the full effect.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    02-25-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Dave on The Sopranos

Hey!
    It has been said that Dave was to appear in 3 episodes of The Sopranos, but so far I've only seen that he has appeared in the one episode.
    Does anyone know if he'll come back or if he's been "cut out"?
    Hope somebody has the answer.

Thread Information