Over 3000 posts and 46 votes later

Wow, where to begin? The last few weeks have definatley been interesting, and Ive found myself defending my loyalty to the site, my passion for Roth and my integrity. 3 things I thought Id never really have to do... AT GREAT LENGTH, over and over again. When people from another site come here to cause shit, I can handle that, hell I laughed most of it off, but when people from this site constantly question my modding position, well, I guess they won. If you read back to my original application to become mod, and then read some of the bashing against me, you may scratch your head like I have been. Then again, you may agree with me leaving. Either way, I just wanted to celebrate Dave and the freedom to share stories and multi-media files with other Roth fans. The Sarge OFFERED me a position of modding, to which I said "sure, but I wont change my attitude". I haven't, but the same attitude has rubbed some people the wrong way, some mods the wrong way and left me wondering what it is Im even doing here, if Im attacked and not supported by fellow members? Not worth the bullshit. Van Halen stories, memories I have and others shared, the music and Dave himself will always be here.
I stood up for what I believed was right, whether it was or not, I stood by it. Day after day I found myself defending myself and spent less time moderating the Main forums to which Rustoffa and Max have done a great job with. Your right Pete, the war is over. We didn't win though. Im leaving, and that's what they wanted, so the winner is on the other side of the pond. Oh well. Its childish of them, I know, but it's also very important to me to keep true to myself and keep believing in what I believe in, without having to listen to or read (in this case) slanderish posts towards me. I haven't given in. I've given up. Keep Rothing on, you guys rock! Thanks for the oppurtunity and keep having fun. Something tells me you'll start having fun when the assholes realise Im gone and they too will drop the bullshit.
Ive made alot of friends and I will remember all. Thanks again. (Sweet Irony would be awesome as Mod for my spot Sarge, Pojo & B1)
Sorry if I dissapointed any of you's or wasted your time. attached is the first and last post I got to read today. After I read it, I had enough. Ive defended my position on this too many times, it's obvious it hasn't sunk in.

Big Troubles

Chris (Jan 04 -July 04)