Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: DAVE wrote "Intruder"? Who woulda thunk?

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Heater View Post
    As much as Dave is an egotist and show-off (witness his majorette baton twirling during the too cheesy for Nickelodeon "Jump") IF he was any good on the guitar he would be flaunting it.
    Baton twirling? Arsehole, that's 40 years of martial arts experience he's displaying. What does Sam do to entertain? Oh yeah, jump up and down in 1 spot like he's got a red hot poker stuffed up his arse. Wow, that's entertainment.
    Dave's an entertainer first and foremost . That's what he flaunts. he's a man who knows his strengths and goes with it unlike The Round Rocket who's strength is not dazzling people with brilliance but rather baffling them with bullshit.....
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondjimi View Post
    Baton twirling? Arsehole, that's 40 years of martial arts experience he's displaying. What does Sam do to entertain? Oh yeah, jump up and down in 1 spot like he's got a red hot poker stuffed up his arse. Wow, that's entertainment.
    Dave's an entertainer first and foremost . That's what he flaunts. he's a man who knows his strengths and goes with it unlike The Round Rocket who's strength is not dazzling people with brilliance but rather baffling them with bullshit.....
    Not that I really care but why are certain members afraid to use suck terms as. Cock, Ass Hole and Ass?

WTF is a coch?

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    WTF is a coch?
    It's "Dumpspeak" ...

When referring to my own, I'd rather refer to it as "cuntstretcher". But it far too much typing to be bothered...

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's "Dumpspeak" ...

When referring to my own, I'd rather refer to it as "cuntstretcher". But it far too much typing to be bothered...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As much as Dave is an egotist and show-off (witness his majorette baton twirling during the too cheesy for Nickelodeon "Jump") IF he was any good on the guitar he would be flaunting it.
    If you weren't such a goddamned idiot, you would realize that one of the many differences between David Lee Roth and the tequila salesman, is that Dave never had the need to boast of his guitar playing skills, and attempt to put himself on the same level as Eddie Van Halen. As opposed to.... oh, let's take this rancid piece of shit, for example....

You wouldn't have thought it was possible to make a cheesy shit song like this worse, but they managed to do it when the Ched Rocker said "Hey Eddie why don't you just play that cheesy synthesizer so we get the full Hallmark card ambience here. I'll play the lead". Which he did. Very badly.

If that piece of crap song had ANY redeeming qualities to begin with, it would have been Eddie's solo on the record, which wasn't bad (though certainly not his best). With an inferior guitarist egotistically wanking away while Ed plinks on the Velveeta keyboards, even that is lost.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    If you weren't such a goddamned idiot, you would realize that one of the many differences between David Lee Roth and the tequila salesman, is that Dave never had the need to boast of his guitar playing skills, and attempt to put himself on the same level as Eddie Van Halen. As opposed to.... oh, let's take this rancid piece of shit, for example....

You wouldn't have thought it was possible to make a cheesy shit song like this worse, but they managed to do it when the Ched Rocker said "Hey Eddie why don't you just play that cheesy synthesizer so we get the full Hallmark card ambience here. I'll play the lead". Which he did. Very badly.

If that piece of crap song had ANY redeeming qualities to begin with, it would have been Eddie's solo on the record, which wasn't bad (though certainly not his best). With an inferior guitarist egotistically wanking away while Ed plinks on the Velveeta keyboards, even that is lost.
    I may not recover from that.
    Last edited by Jagermeister; 08-02-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    I may not recover form that.
    If you think that's bad, go to that video on YouTube and read all the ridiculous comments from the sheep. It's like a Hagar religious cult over there.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    even i must admit his lead is something awful here. great vocals, though.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hotsummerknight View Post

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hotsummerknight View Post
    IP check, please.....

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    IP check, please.....
    I'm sure we know where "Heater" is from..............

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Funny how if anything negative is said about the throat master general the anti Sammy stuff comes a flyin'. As if to say, "unh-uh, not true, it's hagar that sucks" that point has been made. Often when an observation is made about the exalted hair plugged one (someone did an awesome job on that lid, give 'em a beer ford) it's not being said as a comparison, it's just an observation. But it goes against what you stand for, that Dave is like no other. Better than any of us mere mortals could ever hope to aspire. It angers you to the point of lashing out about another person. the homoerotic undercurrent on this board is astounding. I think CVH is true VH, always have. But I am not enamored with Dave, not in LOVE with him. Some of his schtick, the hopping on his giant mic/penis, the baton twirling, martial arts? OK, guess he qualifies for his pink belt. the insincerity of his sincerity. He has become a parody of himself, he looked uncomfortable up there last tour.
    What the fuck is with that stoooopid grin? he never looked like a mouth breather in the past! I never once said Sammy was better or anything, VH ended after 1984 for me. But if you say any anti Dave stuff, you all start with the sheep/cheddar whatever. Having witnessed vh from the beginning, it is sorta sad to watch the mighty fall. And they have, just go ahead and blame Ed and Sam and Al. time marched on and wasn't kind to your leader either, you know it and I think that's why you get so huffy if you read anything that is not in line wit your ongoing fantasy of what Dave is. some people don't want to drink the cool aid and hold Dave up an a pedestal with love in their eyes and lust in their loins. Sorry boys.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Heater>>> "Full on Cocktard"

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    OR...

Heater>>> "Full on Fucktard"

hmmm.....also accurate!

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post

Okay so is this the new Montrose record? And who let that poodle into the arena?
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Funny how if anything negative is said about the throat master general the anti Sammy stuff comes a flyin'... But if you say any anti Dave stuff, you all start with the sheep/cheddar whatever.

Uhhhhhhhh....maybe notice the name of the site you're at Copernicus.....

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Funny how if anything negative is said about the throat master general the anti Sammy stuff comes a flyin'. As if to say, "unh-uh, not true, it's hagar that sucks" that point has been made. Often when an observation is made about the exalted hair plugged one (someone did an awesome job on that lid, give 'em a beer ford) it's not being said as a comparison, it's just an observation. But it goes against what you stand for, that Dave is like no other. Better than any of us mere mortals could ever hope to aspire. It angers you to the point of lashing out about another person. the homoerotic undercurrent on this board is astounding. I think CVH is true VH, always have. But I am not enamored with Dave, not in LOVE with him. Some of his schtick, the hopping on his giant mic/penis, the baton twirling, martial arts? OK, guess he qualifies for his pink belt. the insincerity of his sincerity. He has become a parody of himself, he looked uncomfortable up there last tour.
    What the fuck is with that stoooopid grin? he never looked like a mouth breather in the past! I never once said Sammy was better or anything, VH ended after 1984 for me. But if you say any anti Dave stuff, you all start with the sheep/cheddar whatever. Having witnessed vh from the beginning, it is sorta sad to watch the mighty fall. And they have, just go ahead and blame Ed and Sam and Al. time marched on and wasn't kind to your leader either, you know it and I think that's why you get so huffy if you read anything that is not in line wit your ongoing fantasy of what Dave is. some people don't want to drink the cool aid and hold Dave up an a pedestal with love in their eyes and lust in their loins. Sorry,I like boys.
    thanks for sharing, bleater.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I noticed that reading through this thread from the start that the Army was a kinder, gentler place in 2005... Just my observation.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm not so sure, it was definitely a much much less nice back at the start anyway.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    give 'em a beer ford

Sure.... just for you....

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Off To The Sheep Pen I Go
    No Shit.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Matt I'd say Dave embellished a lot of shit back then. Liar... well let's just say the truth and what's printed in the old fan magazines weren't always attached at the hip. How many people still believe Ed boiled his strings to get the brown sound..?

Intruder was recorded right about the time when Ed was getting his deal going with Moog Synthesizers. Listen to the backing keyboard rhythms on Dancin in the Street simular sound and effects. Could be Dave wanking around on the keys may sparked the idea behind the main intruder backing riff. But it all sounds too Edward to me.

I'd rather believe Dave than the garbage we so often see in papers, mags, and on the air...(news)

Have learned from experience that most reporters/ columnists will do ANYTHING/EVERYTHING for a story, except to tell the truth.
    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Thread Information