Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Lee Roth on Howard Stern this morning in NY.

Rock n' Roll Junkie
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-11-2007 @ 02:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

David Lee Roth on Howard Stern this morning in NY.

I get in my car this morning..do my usual,put Howard Stern on and to my surprise the Diamond one is the guest! For 20 min I had the pleasure of hearing Dave's voice. Yes..he is officially taking over for stern. This morning was their announcement. Dave sounded great and from what was said all management is excited to have Dave on board! They said that the meeting went well and that Dave was full of energy and excitement! I just wanted to share this with you guys..Dave's back in the spotlight...let's hope he shines like a mutha!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Rock n' Roll Junkie
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sorry guys...didnt know a thread was already put together on this topic. I just got on the computer now...too much excitement I guess!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-13-2012 @ 04:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, well, check before posting it....it's getting kinda annoying now...no worries...I don't have a problem with you anyway....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Rock n' Roll Junkie
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No problem....again..sorry.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Soul Reaper
    Yeah, well, check before posting it....it's getting kinda annoying now...no worries...I don't have a problem with you anyway....
    Screw you, kill joy...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Not you dirty...

Rock n' Roll Junkie
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thanks Elvis! : )

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Sure Diamond is the best performer on this earth, so no doubt he'll manage like nobody else on air, just like he did last March...
    But dammit! Only Americans can capture these programs...
    It's the fucking worst that could happen!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-19-2024 @ 03:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure if all the people in the US are going to hear Dave. I think he's going to cover only certain markets on the east coast. Of course, if he's popular they might sindicate his show out nationally.

One thing that might be nice for Dave is in the past, he was always at the mercy of band members and now he's solo. It's his radio show. That's got to be nice. No more having the drummer threatening to quit unless he's paid more or the guitarist not wanting to work so hard. The typical band shit.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, you can see things like this. So long as Diamond himself gets his kicks, after all...

Canuklehead
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-13-2024 @ 10:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Anyone know if any of the stations he is on has an online stream?

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-11-2013 @ 02:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm stuck here in Phoenix, and I'll be listening to Stern cuz it's gonna be that jerkoff Carolla on here. Why the hell ain't DLR on the left coast, he's bigger here than anywhere in the world!

guwapo_rocker

Re: David Lee Roth on Howard Stern this morning in NY.

Originally posted by Dirty Duck
    I get in my car this morning..do my usual,put Howard Stern on and to my surprise the Diamond one is the guest! For 20 min I had the pleasure of hearing Dave's voice. Yes..he is officially taking over for stern. This morning was their announcement. Dave sounded great and from what was said all management is excited to have Dave on board! They said that the meeting went well and that Dave was full of energy and excitement! I just wanted to share this with you guys..Dave's back in the spotlight...let's hope he shines like a mutha!
    Thanks for the update.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2015 @ 03:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I've just read an article from 2003 that suggests AOL may be providing streaming of some radio stations it owns or is in partnership with (Infinity stations were mentioned - including WBCN-FM in Boston which is supposed to be airing DLR's morning show). If there are any AOL users out there (and based on the number of all-caps postings on this board there must be) could you please check their online radio offerings. The following stations will be airing the DLR morning show: WXRK (NewYork), WBCN (Boston), WYSP (Philly), WRKZ (Pittsburgh), WNCX (Cleveland), WPBZ (W. Palm Beach), KLLI (Dallas). Hopefully, at least one these is being streamed over AOL Broadband. I'd actually pay for membership if this turns out to be true.
    M

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks

oh fack orf.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 06:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.php?d=1130223600

MOVING INTO HOWARD’S HOME

When Howard asked David if he will be broadcasting out of his studio at KROCK, David replied that it was too dark for him. Howard then mentioned to David that he sensed hostility coming from him. David assured Howard he had no negative feelings toward him, but admitted that he thought Howard was trying to get him to say certain things that he wanted to avoid. Gary told Howard that he got the impression that David was trying to convey that his show won’t be a carbon copy of Howard’s and that there wasn’t any animosity on his part. Tom came in and reported that David will, in fact, be using Howard’s studio, after some changes are made.

ADVICE FROM THE KING

Ralph called in and noted that what separates Howard from everyone else on radio is the way he tells stories. Ralph added that, although he loves David, he isn’t sure he’d have that skill. Howard mentioned to David that the amount of time people spend listening to the show is extremely important and that it will be imperative that he develop the ability to keep them coming back for more. Howard also explained that the new chairman of the FCC, Kevin Martin, has announced that he will be fining entertainers more heavily than even his predecessor, Michael Powell, did, so he had to be aware of that. David replied that he has never had a problem tiptoeing around supposedly offensive material, so he won’t have the same problems Howard had in that regard.

SUDDEN NEED FOR FREE SPEECH

Tom revealed to Howard that, come January, KROCK will be switching to a talk format known as “Free FM.” When Howard pointed out that he thought the moniker was a shot at him moving to satellite, where subscribers have to pay for the service, Tom insisted that wasn’t the case. Tom went on to say that the name actually means that people will have a chance to speak freely on the air without worrying about being restricted. Howard noted that not even Tom could keep a straight face as he spouted out such a statement.

DON’T HOLD YOUR BREATH

As Howard was wishing David good luck with his show, David asked him if he’d ever be willing to come on as a guest. Howard responded that he’d love to, but that there was no way Infinity would let him. Howard pointed out that getting him on the air might be David’s first battle and it will show him just how “free” he will actually be.

EVALUATING DAVID LEE

Howard mentioned that during the break there was some debate about how David did during the interview. Although Howard said that he thought David was good during his appearance, Robin pointed out that Infinity made a big mistake by not holding a major press conference announcing all of Howard’s replacements. Howard replied, though, that a press conference would’ve been a disaster if no one had showed up, but Robin insisted such an event would’ve been heavily covered because Howard was involved.

DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH

Gary told Howard that the mystery guest had arrived and that he wanted to come right into the studio. When Howard saw that the guest was Diamond David Lee Roth, he observed that his appearance was Infinity’s way of introducing David as one of his replacements. David responded that no one will ever be able to replace Howard and that he stopped by on his own accord. David went on to say that Howard is one of his radio influences because he is the only personality on the air who doesn’t rely on scripts while he talks. David added that he truly believes his show will be original enough that it won’t draw automatic comparisons to what Howard does now.

A WHOLE NEW LEVEL

Howard commented that if he had been the lead singer for one of the most successful bands of all time like David was with Van Halen, he would consider radio to be a big step down. Although he acknowledged the point, David insisted that wasn’t the case with him. He explained that the largest crowd Van Halen ever played for was 325,000, yet millions of listeners will tune into hear what he has to say each morning. David also said that, since he has been given full control over what will air on his program, the decision to do his own program was an easy one to make.

FITS LIKE SPANDEX

David revealed that he had been going to school and working as an emergency medical technician when he was contacted last February about the radio job. He also mentioned that his show will be heard predominately in Northeastern markets, including New York, Boston and Philadelphia. David also noted that he isn’t nervous about doing his program because he won’t be ripping off Howard. In addition, David explained that getting up at 4 a.m. won’t be a problem for him and that, because he has been interviewed so many times and has cut so many spots for radio, he’s sure he’ll be able to make a smooth transition into the medium. He added that it has been a dream of his to be on the radio since he was 12, so he is thrilled with the opportunity.

A LITTLE MORE DIRT NEEDED

Howard told David that one of the things that has made him so successful over the years has been his willingness to share his personal life with listeners. Because he didn’t know anything about David’s existence outside of show business, Howard wondered if David would be divulging information he has attempted to keep quiet during his career. David responded that he understands what his role as radio talk show host will entail, so he will have to start talking about topics that he hasn’t discussed in the past. David added, though, that since his show will be political, he won’t have to resort to talking about his personal life as much as Howard has. After hearing this, Howard asked David what some of his political views are, but all he would say was that he supports the rights of everyone and everything.

Heres some stuff from Stern's Site, Its Pro-Stern but who cares.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 06:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Pics from today.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I suppose Dave looks good for an old fart...

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Excellent! Ha! Ha! Ha! Thanks so much for posting them!
    Dave looks in top shape as usual, and he seems to be getting his kicks out of the job.

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-01-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Uh oh....

I smell another hair thread a comin....

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Originally posted by DlocRoth
    Uh oh....

DOES look like he got some plugs, huh?

Whoooooahhhh!
    Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2007 @ 07:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Like most of you, I've been a Stern fan and a DLR fan since I was in my single-digits..(I'm 30 now)... In the past, every time DLR went on Stern, I really dug it because it was like two of my heroes were shooting the shit...

This morning, I came to a revelation. DLR, known for his rapid-fire dialouge (monolouges, actually) came off as the cooler cat in what I thought was a tension-filled discussion. Stern was the first to acknowledge the tension in the room, and frankly, I think that he was the only one that was demonstrating hostility. (Although DLR DID throw in a zinger at the end, insinuating the Robin's TV deal might be too much for her to do along with the radio show.)

Howard has lost his f---g mind. His show, while over edited, is still great. The guy makes me laugh every day during my miserable commute..mission accomplished. However, this whole sattelite thing feels like bullshit. Please, the show won't be THAT much better unedited. Yes, Stern has generated a lot of subscribers to sattelite, far above the requisite number to justify his move and ensure he gets that big fat contract... But, at the end of the day, I think he's painted himself into a corner he won't be able to get out of.

Having said that, he had no right to be hostile to Dave, and he had no right to ackowledge that he hopes DLR fails. Sterm moved voluntarily from terrestrial radio. He went on this huge tear about how he created the radio network etc... It's like OK, and now you left... And you were replaced by an ally and a friend, who is just as charismatic (maybe not as funny as consistently).... DLR indicated that his show would not be as comedy-focused as Stern's and I think Stern was spooked by the concept. In short, I think Stern realized this morning that his whole strategy to destroy these terrestrial radio stations will fail. DLR might not be as successful, but he'll do fine, peolple that refuse to have an extra bill every month will listed to DLR, be entertained and the world will go on without Stern happily... Even thought it only is like $12 per month or something...

VIVA DLR... Let's hope his show rocks and that it somehow sparks THE Reunion.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by DlocRoth
    Uh oh....

Originally posted by jhale667
    DOES look like he got some plugs, huh?
    Uh oh... Let's not split Dave's hair again, please.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by King Top Jimmy

Having said that, he had no right to be hostile to Dave, and he had no right to ackowledge that he hopes DLR fails.

Sure he does, he has every right...

DLR might not be as successful, but he'll do fine, peolple that refuse to have an extra bill every month will listen to DLR, be entertained and the world will go on without Stern happily...

That's true, plus, Stern is an overrated has-been...

thought it only is like $12 per month or something...

$12 or something too much...

Now, you're dreaming...

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-15-2018 @ 10:55 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I get Howard out of Rochester, and we're getting some jagoff no one's heard of. Doesn't matter, I'll be going to Sirius with Howards anyway.

Look, I'll pay ya for it!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-19-2015 @ 07:02 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I can't believe I'm not going to get to hear him on the West Coast! He's FROM the West Coast and would have the most fans here dammit!!!

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2020 @ 03:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I hope one of the Toronto area radio stations will pick the show up - if not hopefully it will be streamed over the net

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2010 @ 04:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
    I'll be going to Sirius with Howards anyway.
    Mezro...Ditto...ohhhhhh...I was a bit Rush like there....

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 06:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks

From Marksfriggin.com:

# It's Official, David Lee Roth Replacing Howard. 10/25/05. 7:25am
    Gary came in and interrupted saying that their mystery guest had showed up and wanted to come right into the studio. Howard wanted to do a set up and get his glasses on first. Artie wanted to guess who the big guest was. He thinks that it's Bill Maher. Howard was thinking it was Richard Simmons or Pat Cooper. Gary told him that he shouldn't be nervous and went out to bring the person in. It turned out to be David Lee Roth. Howard said this is good because he's rumored to be replacing him when he leaves. Howard said he knew that something was happening today. Howard asked Dave how he was doing and talked about how he will be replacing him. David told Howard that he can't ''replace'' Howard Stern, he'll just be taking over that spot. Dave told Howard that this is his first and last stop on the show before Christmas. Howard said that if Dave fails it'll be great because it will drive even more people to satellite radio. Dave said that's the good part about being friends with Howard, there's nothing wrong with that.

Dave told Howard that his show won't be the same type of show that Howard has been doing. He's seen other talk shows around the country and most of them are scripted while Howard Stern is just being Howard Stern. He talked about his days touring around the country with Van Halen and Infinity is giving him freedom to do whatever he wants to do on his radio show. Howard said he heard that Dave will be making $4 million a year when he starts there. Dave said he doesn't even need to do a show like that because he can make a lot more than that touring. He's doing it because it's been a dream of his to have a radio show like that for years.

Howard asked Dave how Infinity has been able to keep him hidden for so long. Dave told Howard that his father passed away a while a go and he ended up getting involved in the Emergency Medical Technician field for a couple of years. He's still going out on calls at least once a week in New York City. He said he's only been recognized 2 or 3 times out of all of the calls he's been on. He works in the 'hoods where he doesn't get recognized all that well.

Howard told Dave about how he created this network of radio stations over years and years of hard work. He begged the company to syndicate his show to Philadelphia and they put up a fight for so long. Dave said that Howard has proven that the local deejay is a thing of the past. Howard told Dave that a local guy can be a force to be reckoned with though and a lot of guys are going to be gunning for him. Dave doesn't seem to mind that and he's looking forward to it. Howard asked Dave if it's true that he was over at Jack FM practicing his show. Dave has a way of avoiding a question and won't answer it directly so he ended up talking about Howard's board and how he had it created for himself like a guitar player would have a guitar built for himself.

Dave said that he's wanted to do this since he was a kid so he's really looking forward to doing the show. He told Howard that he still sits down once a week and listens to records, one song at a time, just like he did when he was 10 years old. Howard told him that he may have to open up his private life to make for a good radio show and Dave is ready to do that. Howard said Dave has never really opened up before because no one knows what's going on with his love live. He claims he's heard that Dave is gay before but Dave thought he was just saying that himself, not hearing it from anyone. Dave said that he has banged many hot chicks that had 2 legs in their pants and people should know that already. Dave said that his show is not a comedy show. He's not going to have a whole crew working with him but he will be taking over in markets like New York, Boston, Cleveland, West Palm Beach, Pittsburgh and Dallas. Gary said that Adam Carolla will be taking over in markets like L.A., San Diego and Portland among others and Jimmy Kimmel will be a consultant for his show.

Dave said that he's actually shooting for the Rush Limbaugh audience, not even really for Howard's audience. He's thinking that he could end up in the same markets as Adam Carolla because they'll have two different types of shows. Gary told Howard that they have this guy Rover who will be taking over in a few markets like Chicago, Detroit and Memphis. The whole Stern affiliate market is going to be split up with a bunch of these guys. Penn Gillette will also have a 1 hour show in some of the markets. Dave said he doesn't care who follows him and isn't even thinking about a Penn Gillette following him. Gary said that they have some tape of what David Lee Roth was doing over at Jack FM but it was actually comedian Billy Mira doing an impression of him.

Howard took a phone call from a guy who told Dave he was already going to change stations to Z-100 when he heard him on the show. Robin asked Howard if he would be a guest on Dave's show. Howard said he would absolutely do that and Dave thought that would be great. Howard asked Dave what he thinks is going to happen with satellite radio. He had some round about answer about how it all depends on what the companies let their personalities do. Howard said that he needs the freedom to do what he wants on satellite radio and he just doesn't have the freedom to do it on terrestrial radio anymore. Dave said he supports him on the freedom thing and appreciates the fact that he's making that move. Howard told Dave that putting together that network of affiliates across the country was one of the greatest things he's ever done in his life. He wished Dave luck with his show and offered to get up and walk out right now if Dave was ready to take over for him. Dave asked him what he's been waiting for if that's the case. Howard said he's got a contract that he has to honor and he can't just walk away. He asked Dave if he wanted to take over the show for the rest of the morning but Dave wasn't interested.

Howard had Tom Chiusano come in to meet his new employee. He also asked Dave if he's going to keep the studio the same way it is now. Dave said that he wants to lighten it up and have some windows in there. Tom came in and told Howard that they're going to have Dave working in that studio and they will open it up so he has windows in there. Tom told Howard that he's excited about the future and he can't wait to work with him. Howard felt that Dave was being a bit odd with him this morning but Gary and Tom didn't think that was the case, he was just letting Howard know that he was going to be his own man. Howard doesn't understand how Tom can just give Dave his own studio to start off with since he had to work so hard to get one himself. Dave said he can do what Howard does so that's why they're giving him his own studio. They haven't set up his whole staff yet so there were a lot of unanswered questions.

Howard took a phone call from a guy who said that he was hoping that Sammy Hagar would take over for Howard. Howard asked Dave if Sammy will take over for him if his show fails. Dave said ''absolutely.'' The caller said that Imus has already been talking about how Infinity will have to come to him once David Lee and Adam Carolla's shows fail. The guys goofed on Imus and pointed out that he's got some really low ratings and couldn't fill in for Howard or for Dave. Dave changed subjects and asked Robin about her upcoming TV show and if she was staying with Howard. She said she will be doing the radio show and the TV show at the same time. That's coming up next fall for those who didn't know.

Howard asked Artie for his thoughts on David taking over for them. Artie said he had no idea that Dave would be in that realm of taking over so he was a bit surprised. Dave said he thinks that it's like a lateral move for him from rock star to radio show host. Howard took a call from Ralph who said that they all love Dave but just because he has been a great guest on the show doesn't mean that he'll make for a great host. Howard told Ralph that it's all about Dave keeping people listening to his show. That's what Ralph said that Howard is great at and that's why so many people have been listening to his show for so long.

Howard said that maybe he is a little bitter about the industry not backing him up against the FCC and the religious right. He said they could have done it and fought them but the industry didn't do it, they just caved in. Ralph led the guys into a political discussion about the President and how he isn't doing this country any good with the FCC. The guys were debating a little bit but Howard told Dave he'll have all the time in the world to do that stuff on his own show once that starts. He doesn't know how Dave will do on his show but he predicts that he will do great when he moves to satellite himself. Howard said he'll be happy once people start to make that move to satellite. He's wishing everyone luck in their markets but Gary said that he doesn't wish the guys luck down in Washington DC because the program director down there has been cutting off the show early to get their afternoon guys on instead.

Dave asked Howard about what happens when Howard says certain words on the air and if there's a list of the stuff they can say and can't say on the air. Howard told Dave he's in for a big wake up call and explained to him how there's a new guy in charge at the FCC and how he's going to have to really watch himself once he starts his show. He also told Dave that the government is looking to fine individuals for their indecency complains and that law is in the works now. Howard said that they will have to bow down to the FCC and their ridiculous rules, there's no question about it. He pointed out that Clear Channel's profits dropped 21 percent recently and he's so happy about that. Ralph said that all of the terrestrial radio companies are going to be losing money once people move to satellite. Ralph also told Dave that he's got to watch himself because the FCC and the religious right will have to find another lightning rod to go after and make an example out of. He's got to watch himself now.

Howard found out that all of these affiliates are going to be going to an all talk format. Tom told Howard that their new Free FM logo is referring to their talk format because every one is free to speak. That got everyone laughing because the jocks won't be free to speak because the company has to keep everyone restrained so they don't get fined by the FCC. Ralph told Tom that people get what they pay for... Tom told Ralph to stop because he was basically doing an ad for satellite. Howard said that if he wants him on his radio show, he thinks that the suits at the company won't allow it and that will be the first time Dave will have to bow down to the company's rules.

Howard gave Dave a plug for his show which will be starting up on January 3rd, 2006. Howard starts on satellite on January 9th. Gary had a whole list of what will be happening in each market and there are a lot of shows replacing Howard in all of those markets. Tom was looking kind of shaken up according to Howard and Dave. Tom told Howard that they've been together so long that it's going to be quite a change. It's like he's losing his family. Howard thanked Dave for coming in and went to break.

# The David Lee Roth Aftermath. 10/25/05. 8:30am
    After the break Howard jokingly said that SIRIUS stock had jumped 300 points after the announcement they just made. Howard said there's a lot of discussion about Dave's appearance and people are wondering if Dave did Howard a favor or if Howard did Dave a favor by coming on. After that Howard played the Billy Mira David Lee Roth bit that he started to play when Dave was in there earlier. Artie wondered how many Sirius radios will be sold between January 3rd and January 9th when Howard starts. He went on to say that Dave was the greatest singer for Van Halen but it's going to be tough for him to move from being that Rock star to a radio guy who may not be at the top of his game. Fred said that he thinks that Dave is a great talent but it's kind of like Michael Jordan going from basketball to baseball and forgetting where he came from. Howard wondered if there's any chance that Dave could have him on as a guest. Robin said that will only happen if he's around for like 5 years and makes a name for himself.

Howard goofed on the ''Free FM'' format that the company announced this morning. He said it was funny when Tom told them that it's their freedom to talk that they're referring to in that format name. The whole reason Howard is leaving is because he has no freedom to talk. In the press release he was reading, they announce that Jimmy Kimmel is going to be a creative consultant for Infinity and Adam Carolla's show. Howard wondered who is running that company now and what they're up to as he was reading that stuff. The guys talked about Dave's comments about how he's an honest guy just like Howard is and how they're from the same book but Howard said that remains to be seen.

Howard said the press release he had was about 5 pages long so Robin wondered who will be able to print it in the news if that's how long it is. She thinks that they should have flown all of their hosts into New York to have a big press conference. Howard said that Dave said the company didn't want him going on the show but he wanted to do it so that's why he was on. That led to the guys talking about how this is kind of like a Conan O'Brien coming in to replace David Letterman. He wasn't a big TV star but when he took over for Letterman he kind of became a big guy.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

Originally posted by CdnDlrfan
    I hope one of the Toronto area radio stations will pick the show up - if not hopefully it will be streamed over the net
    If not , us southern Ontario follk should still be able to hear him
    on 92.9 jack fm out of Buffalo.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

BTW that's the best haircut Dave's had in a while !

lazy lounge lizard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-11-2022 @ 09:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks

fuckin cool..

all of this, that's all I have to say!

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-25-2005 @ 09:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Holy shit... When I first saw those pictures of Dave, I thought it was fuckin' Joe Pesci.

Vamos dar um jeito!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-30-2015 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by ELVIS
    I suppose Dave looks good for an old fart...

Considering how much he's lived, and how much he's been through.... he looks GREAT!

Eat 'Em And Smile Bitch!!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-02-2012 @ 07:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Like most of you, I've been a Stern fan and a DLR fan since I was in my single-digits..(I'm 30 now)... In the past, every time DLR went on Stern, I really dug it because it was like two of my heroes were shooting the shit...

This morning, I came to a revelation. DLR, known for his rapid-fire dialouge (monolouges, actually) came off as the cooler cat in what I thought was a tension-filled discussion. Stern was the first to acknowledge the tension in the room, and frankly, I think that he was the only one that was demonstrating hostility. (Although DLR DID throw in a zinger at the end, insinuating the Robin's TV deal might be too much for her to do along with the radio show.)

Howard has lost his f---g mind. His show, while over edited, is still great. The guy makes me laugh every day during my miserable commute..mission accomplished. However, this whole sattelite thing feels like bullshit. Please, the show won't be THAT much better unedited. Yes, Stern has generated a lot of subscribers to sattelite, far above the requisite number to justify his move and ensure he gets that big fat contract... But, at the end of the day, I think he's painted himself into a corner he won't be able to get out of.

Having said that, he had no right to be hostile to Dave, and he had no right to ackowledge that he hopes DLR fails. Sterm moved voluntarily from terrestrial radio. He went on this huge tear about how he created the radio network etc... It's like OK, and now you left... And you were replaced by an ally and a friend, who is just as charismatic (maybe not as funny as consistently).... DLR indicated that his show would not be as comedy-focused as Stern's and I think Stern was spooked by the concept. In short, I think Stern realized this morning that his whole strategy to destroy these terrestrial radio stations will fail. DLR might not be as successful, but he'll do fine, peolple that refuse to have an extra bill every month will listed to DLR, be entertained and the world will go on without Stern happily... Even thought it only is like $12 per month or something...

You bring up some great points and to add to that....even though it's 12, 13 bucks a month....it's still 150 dollars at the end of the year. There are folks out there who won't bother (that doesn't include paying for installation). He's not going to match the 14 million listeners he has right now...period.

And Howard is wishing failure on anyone who replaces him because, after all, if anyone succeeds....he fails in his attempt to bring down terrestrial radio.

Cable television is huge but it never destroyed NBC, CBS and ABC. Satellite radio will never destroy terrestrial radio. It hasn't even made enough of a dent for terrestrial radio stations to even change what they've been doing and that's saying a lot since satellite radio offers a ton more variety while terrestrial radio plays limited playlists.

Vamos dar um jeito!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-30-2015 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

he had no right to be hostile to Dave, and he had no right to ackowledge that he hopes DLR fails. Sterm moved voluntarily from terrestrial radio. He went on this huge tear about how he created the radio network etc... It's like OK, and now you left... VIVA DLR... Let's hope his show rocks and that it somehow sparks THE Reunion.
    Thank God he left. I never got Stern. I think he's a loud fool.

Bring on Dave!

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-09-2007 @ 03:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Is it just me or does Dave look like Johnny Cash in some of those pics?

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-24-2017 @ 11:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

anyone know if he will be broadcast in the baltimore area

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Find out for yourself...

You have a computer...

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-11-2013 @ 02:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks

lmfao

read the MTV article dude, it has a list of who's where.

PHX is getting Carrola, and I'm pissed. I've got Sirius and I'll listen to Howard, but why the fuck can't 93.3 or 98.7 get Dave instead of the jerkoff squads they have every morning. Hell no, let's get the guy with eyebrows ten times bigger than his fuckin talent.

I wanna hear Dave, and I don't want to do it over some lame ass internet webcast.

Thread Information