X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SilvioDante
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Whats all this lying around shit....

Bluto: Whats all this lying around shit??
    D-Day: War's over, man. Eddie dropped the big one.
    Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
    Otter: Germans?
    Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
    Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the going gets tough . . . the tough get going. Who's with me? Let's Go! Come on!

Bluto: "What the fuck happened the the DLR Army I use to know?? Where's the spirt. Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. Oh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto. We might get in trouble."Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me. I'm not gonna take this! Sammy, he's a dead man! Alex, dead! Eddie . . .

Otter: Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons. But that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
    Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

Now, I don't know about you, but I am going to every Van FAGar board I can find and I am gonna be the biggest dickhead they've seen!!!
    "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal
  • RufusTFirefly

No no, he's right, but we need something bigger than spamming other message boards. The opinions there will never change, we need to reach the man in the street, the floating voter, 'cos he's the guy that's gonna be inadvertantly lining Van Hagar's pocket's 'cos they don't know any better.

Maybe we could all chip in and take out a full page spoof advert in a national paper or something? Or sabotage the tour somehow...

Comment

• RufusTFirefly

OUR LEADER.

Comment

• Coyote
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Toga! Toga!
        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Sarge
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

There has to be something we can do to protest.

THis is a national disaster for christ sakes!
          ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
          The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
          [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

If someone at another site thinks Love Walks In is better than Romeo Delight or Fools then let them have their elevator jams.

You just can't turn the lights on in some cases.

If hitting other sites and being a dick would reunite the classic lineup I'd be all over it.

Who gets excited over Right Now or Finish What you Started (sounds like John Cougar) ?

None of it comes close to Simple Rhyme or Light Up the Sky.

Van Hagar reminds me of taking light beer and putting water in it.

Ed went from every track being a classic to maybe 1 or 2 tracks having potential if Roth was singing (talking per album)

I'm done now have a great day. We still have the old catalog and boots.

Lightning struck once in VH camp and it was good. very

Comment

• SilvioDante
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills

Who gets excited over Right Now or Finish What you Started (sounds like John Cougar) ?
              Why did you have to put down John Mellencamp like that. His stuff is way better than that flaming turd of a song.
              "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

My point was they were following formulas instead of doing the kind of driving material that they pioneered in the 70's.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

Its just called catering to a whole new generation. The kiddies out there that bug their parents for money to go see the show and buy the crappy t shirt. Its a shame that times have changed the way they did. This is whats in I guess? This is what sells. Fuck Van Halen. They are doing for coin, not for fans. That is as simple as it gets. If they were doing this for fans, they'd be doing one last world wide tour with dave.
                  "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• tjvhou812
                    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

i think everybody forgot dave put out crazy from the heat....
                    get off vh dick.
                    if dave was in the band you wouldnt be talkin any shit about them
                    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• DavidLeeWrath
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                      [Now, I don't know about you, but I am going to every Van FAGar board I can find and I am gonna be the biggest dickhead they've seen!!! [/B]
                      Got nothing better to do, eh? LOL
                      Pope of The Church Of Almighty Sam, Rock God and LEADER of Van Halen!!!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

I didn't say that.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by tjvhou812
                          i think everybody forgot dave put out crazy from the heat....
                          get off vh dick.
                          if dave was in the band you wouldnt be talkin any shit about them
                          First off, what does Crazy from the Heat have to do with anything? It was a good seller for an EP. Dvae was itching to do some tunes all the while the band had there thumbs in their asses or seeking help at the local rehab. Dave works. Peri-fucking-id.

And of course it would be great to see Dave back in the band, But Im one of those that think this is a blessing. Van Halen is not going to be the media pet that the band hopes it to be. Thats why theres no "hooplah" over it. Dave should distance himself away from this as far as possible. And when the band is finally ready to make some good music again, they will have Dave's number. Mark my words. This tour will flop in comparison to what Dave could bring to the table. But instead Stubborn Ed, and brother Alice have been keeping their heads so far up Sams ass, they know what he eats for breakfast. Thats a mistake, and all will show in due time.
                          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by RufusTFirefly
                            No no, he's right, but we need something bigger than spamming other message boards. The opinions there will never change, we need to reach the man in the street, the floating voter, 'cos he's the guy that's gonna be inadvertantly lining Van Hagar's pocket's 'cos they don't know any better.

Maybe we could all chip in and take out a full page spoof advert in a national paper or something? Or sabotage the tour somehow...
                            Well, there's always the tour reviews on music websites....

But that's not going to be necessary, they're gonna get lousy reviews all on their own....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• pete
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sarge
                              There has to be something we can do to protest.

THis is a national disaster for christ sakes!
                              Pay to see Roth and Boycott VH.

What I read didn't seem like this was a permanent reunion. And If we gotta wait another 4 years for it, I'd rather not see it.

If it was gonna happen, now, to me, seems like the last chance.

Comment

Working...