Thread: When you heard Van Hagar reunion on the radio

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

When you heard Van Hagar reunion on the radio

When you heard the Van Hagar reunion news on the radio..did they use it as a intro for a Classic Van Halen song?
    They did here.

Van Hagar is pop bubblegum crap that has disappeared from the radiowaves.. unlike Classic VH.. which was timeless music.

If I was Sammy I would look at that as a slap in the face.
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who is Sammy Hagar?

IN ROTH WE TRUST
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who is Sammy Hagar?
    David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..
    "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My classic rock radio station KZOK, who play Van HALEN daily, Hell even hourly, and Van Hagar rarely haven't announced it at all yet. I imagine they'll address the subject this coming week since tickets for the tour go onsale next weekend apparently. Though I don't believe the cheesefest has booked a date up here yet. And hopefully they won't

I read the bad news here at the Army.

Who is Bette Midler?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

IN ROTH WE TRUST
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My classic rock radio station KZOK, who play Van HALEN daily, Hell even hourly, and Van Hagar rarely haven't announced it at all yet. I imagine they'll address the subject this coming week since tickets for the tour go onsale next weekend apparently. Though I don't believe the cheesefest has booked a date up here yet. And hopefully they won't

I read the bad news here at the Army.

Who is Bette Midler?
    Bette Midler is an actress/singer that bears an uncanny resemblance to Sammy Hagar. .. based on both being fat, old, red hair and both have FLOPPY, SLOPPY BREASTS. Bette was in a popular movie called Beaches and Sammy Hagar is just a plain Beatch.Thanks for your time..

Stay Frosty!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    CHOM 97.7 FM here in Montreal didn't even make any kind of announcement - that's how relevant it was.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Roth & Roll
    CHOM 97.7 FM here in Montreal didn't even make any kind of announcement - that's how relevant it was.
    NOPE. Last week Terry said this next band has reunited in the studio. He was talking about the Stones. By the way i'm the one who keeps calling SuperDave Reynolds to play Van Halen.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    They are still talking about Van Halen with possible singer Sam Hagar in my city. The dj groaned when he mentioned that Sam was probable to rejoin.

Funny how there wasn't a major annoucement? Just USA Today and the Van Halen website??? Seems like they dont want everyone to get their hopes up. Maybe they know they are gonna do shit without Dave as front man? I dunno?
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Stay Frosty!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by PHOENIX
    NOPE. Last week Terry said this next band has reunited in the studio. He was talking about the Stones. By the way i'm the one who keeps calling SuperDave Reynolds to play Van Halen.
    LOL, keep hounding him man, I don't get a chance to listen to Super Dave's show since I'm at work in the afternoons, but I listen to Terry and Ted every morning on my way to work and I can honestly say they haven't mentioned squat about the Van Hagar reunion.

What the hell did Eddie expect? Did he honestly think that after 8 years of dicking around the fans and the media that anyone would give him the time of day at this point? You can only cry wolf so many times before people stop caring or listening. CHOM sure as heck won't promote any kind of Van Hagar reunion - why should they? They're not even coming to Montreal during their tour. 1 Canadian stop in Toronto is all they have planned for their tour. Personally I could give a rats ass, and I hope the tour bombs big time, but it just goes to show how the Lying Dutchmen do business.

Medium Pimpin
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You want to know how much the public cares? I've read several columns on this reunion and I have yet to find an article that is actually in favor of it.
    Everyone has been pro Dave. One had a great quote that sums up the public interest. I forget which one. I searched articles on google. But it went, "Six long years and all we get is a Van Hagar reunion. Not to be confused with Van Halen"!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by stringfelowhawk
    I searched articles on google. But it went, "Six long years and all we get is a Van Hagar reunion. Not to be confused with Van Halen"!
    That would make a great t-shirt!

"I waited six long years and all i got was a lousy Van Hagar reunion."

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That WOULD make a good shirt P......

And thats exactly what the radio stations do here. Tell you about the Van hagar reunion after playin a Dave era cut.

One DJ said he wondered why they would bother, because in his opinion they had nothing left to offer.....

And none of 'em sounded at all excited about it..
    Last edited by Igosplut; 03-28-2004 at 03:03 PM.
    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

I AM HERE
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    why should they be???? music has moved far beyond van halen now.... 1978 they came 1984 they left the rock world changed... but its time to place van halen in the 'great bands that have passed away' section and look for some new bands to 'wow' over.... cuz all the great new bands are slipping under in a wash of mediocre manufacturing....

like new van halen.... oh shit they may have somthing......

a nightmare...

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Originally posted by rikredbrain
    why should they be???? music has moved far beyond van halen now.... 1978 they came 1984 they left the rock world changed... but its time to place van halen in the 'great bands that have passed away' section and look for some new bands to 'wow' over.... cuz all the great new bands are slipping under in a wash of mediocre manufacturing....

like new van halen.... oh shit they may have somthing......

a nightmare...
    I have to agree with you there. sad, but reality.

Lou
    As I've said in other posts, my classic rock station 102.9 WMGK has just started playing Van Hagar for the first time to my knowledge. I'm sure eventually they'll juxtapose Van Hagar chit-chat with a Van HALEN song as if it's really all the same.

Thread Information