Thread: The Reason Why We have been having so many Sammy Trolls over here

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

The Reason Why We have been having so many Sammy Trolls over here

The Reason Why We have been having so many Sammy Trolls over here is because..
    The only thing interesting about Van Halen is... David Lee Roth.

There are a lot of people who make a living off of my name. The only interesting thing about Van Halen, after the music stops, is me. It's not that I do so much, it's that they do so goddamn little! - DLR 1997

Breasts,
    Sarge
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well at least the GARY trolls are not around.

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who is Gary?

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Sarge
    Who is Gary?
    Gary was once the flamboyant frontwoman and soul mate for Eddie Van Halen.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

There are a lot of people who make a living off of my name. The only interesting thing about Van Halen, after the music stops, is me. It's not that I do so much, it's that they do so goddamn little! - DLR 1997

Breasts,
    Sarge
    Contrary to popular opinion, I think its possible to be a fan of both singers. Although I would much prefer seeing a VH tour with DLR.

No question the bands long hiatus has brought out some bitter emotions.

Remember, reuniting with Sammy Hagar does not deminish anything Dave has done with the band or since.

I've sensed that some members of this forum are frustrated with the fact that things didn't seem to work out with Dave the second time around. Some of them even hint at being dissappointed with Roth himself.

TMR

Re: The Reason Why We have been having so many Sammy Trolls over here

Breasts,
    Sarge
    Thanks Sarge, I remember this quote!

I was telling my friend that VH is on tour this summer with hagar....he says: That's not VH.....LOL

Catfish
    Sammy Hagar is the MOST uninteresting rock personality ever. He is the opposite of a rock star. It's a shame what he turned that band into.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Bullethead #1
    Contrary to popular opinion, I think its possible to be a fan of both singers. Although I would much prefer seeing a VH tour with DLR.

No question the bands long hiatus has brought out some bitter emotions.

Remember, reuniting with Sammy Hagar does not deminish anything Dave has done with the band or since.

I've sensed that some members of this forum are frustrated with the fact that things didn't seem to work out with Dave the second time around. Some of them even hint at being dissappointed with Roth himself.
    very well said
    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

thefive
    Sammy has a personality of a
    DOOR KNOB.

THEFIVE

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm new here, but not really new to the VH online scene. I gotta say that nobody outside VHLinks probably knows or even cares about this reunion. Van Halen has squandered the good will they had with the fans over several years for the following reasons...

- 1996 Best Of Vol 1 fiasco: Sammy's out, Dave's in, Dave's out...this time we mean it!

- 1998 Van Halen III: 'Nuff said (probably the worst album I've ever bought: I admit it, I'm a glutten for punishment! Oh Jesus, please forgive me for my transgressions!)

- 2001 Dave might be in...na, just kiddin'.

- 2004 Sammy's in, well, at least for a tour, and don't be thinkin' we'll play Roth stuff, cause we won't.

Sammy and Ed will have another falling out eventually. Dave looks the best in all of this.

My wife's not even a fan and here's what she has to say about anything Van Halen...

It's Eddie's fault!

King of the Jews
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Warham

- 1998 Van Halen III: 'Nuff said (probably the worst album I've ever bought: I admit it, I'm a glutten for punishment! Oh Jesus, please forgive me for my transgressions!)

[/B]
    Thou art forgiven, My son. I didn't liketh that album either.

Corvette Driver
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Exclamation This statements are perfect !!!!!!

Sarge: The Reason Why We have been having so many Sammy Trolls over here
    I REALIZED THAT SINCE A TIME AGO !!!!!
    ITS 100% TRUE!
    Catfish:Sammy Hagar is the MOST uninteresting rock personality ever. He is the opposite of a rock star. It's a shame what he turned that band into.
    That's the perfect awesome definition of who Sammy Hagar is.
    I don't hate or blame the man but this statement is perfect.
    100% perfect.
    Thank guys !
    Brilliant

Lone Ranger
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    no, the reason i am here is because i am a fan of van halen, and dave USED to be a member. this site would probably be decent if it wasn't filled with bitterness and hatred. just because i am glad the band is back with sammy, doesnt mean i hate dave. it means the band is back. if it would've worked out w/ dave, maybe he would be back. but he isnt and we all know why. that's just stupidity on dlr's part, but het, that's just my opinion.
    Always remember this. i was a fan of vh since day one when "vh" was released. i've seen them with dave in concert. to me, there was never a better band.
    And then that ego-growing, sum'bitch upped and fucked me. he quit the band. he left. some of you were probably still in diapers when it happened, or you thought "1984" was quintessential Vh. You dont know or remember what it was really like when he left. It was heartbreak, treason and backstabbing all rolled into one.
    All my buddies and i were like,"wha? what the fuck? is he kidding? oh, it's just a temporary thing....and then the days turned into weeks and then months...and then they announced sammy hagar. i was pissed beyond belief. i listened to the red rocker before, but this was blasphemy. what are they doing moving on w/o DLR?

Well, it was what it was. it took me several albums to accept sammy and some live vh concerts, but eventually i was able to accept him because i knew the alternative. and sammy is great in concert and it makes you appreciate the albums more.

Do your selves a favor. stop pretending you own DLR and DLR w/ VH.
    i owned them well before you and i moved on. You need to do it as well. There are alot of kick ass sammy-vh tunes, all you have to do is open your mind,your ears and your heart and let eddie back in. he doesn't dissappoint.
    Can you imagine what the music world would've been like if eddie packed his guitars away when dave left? what a void that woulda been.

And really, i need dave to move on with his life. that's the only way you grow. and he can't/won't as long as there are tons of you living and holding him in the past.

and they announced they are playing all the no. 1 singles, including "jump", "panama", etc.
    Go on, let it go. pick up the phone. call ticket master and buy a couple of nose bleeds for the show somewhere. close your eyes if you have to. You'll hear VH thumping the building down!!
    what do you say?

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sammy Trolls are over here because they want to see what real Van Halen fans think.

Think about it. Most of the guys that were buying Van Halen during the Sammy years are older now. They may have matured enough to realize how stupid his lyrics are, how embarassing his whole persona is from the capri pants to the stupid sunglasses. How his singing technique takes any natural talent he has and distorts it into an ugly piercing shriek, to be used without any sense of taste (see Dreams).

And worse of all - we have this "great" guitarist who has this complete bozo fronting his band. I mean, it's a deservice and insult to guitar players everywhere - and he used to be King. And how much talent can a guy have that thinks Sammy Hagar is good?

"It's About Time" was like spitting in the face of so many Van Halen fans. Like there's a huge crowd waiting for Sammy to come back...

Fuck You Eddie!

Van Hagar fans are like baby seals, and Eddie is taking out the bat to beat them (more) senseless one more time.

But not this Van Halen fan. I won't pay a dime to see Sammy Hagar and Eddie fagging it up one more time.

I wouldn't go if it was free. Just like I never went when he was with them before...

Thread Information