Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Ali with only months to live?

Heard this a few different places...

Boxing legend losing battle with Parkinson's
    Story Tools: Print Email
    FOXSports.com
    Posted: 19 hours ago

According to a report in the London Evening Standard, Muhammad Ali is losing his two-decade long battle with Parkinson's disease and may only have "months to live."

A close family friend told the newspaper: "His condition has worsened. At this point, he may only have months to live."
    But Ali's marketing agent, Harlan Werner, denied the report, telling BBC Sport, "Muhammad is fine and he has numerous appearances lined up.

"He had surgery on his back and was in therapy for that, but that had nothing to do with Parkinson's. He is fine."

While there seems to be some dispute over Ali's long-term health, there is little doubt that the Parkinson's disease is taking its toll.

Ali's manager, Howard Bingham, said: "(His daughter) Laila feels she is losing him."

Laila Ali essentially said as much last week in a story printed in the Los Angeles Times.

"I feel like the disease is progressing. Different things start happening as you get older. I have noticed a change in him, something that goes along with Parkinson's.

"It's painful for me because I would love to sit down and talk to my dad about the way he used to be when he was my age, when he was in his prime, because we are so much alike. I can't really do that. I can't share a lot of things with him."

The three-time heavyweight champion was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 1985, four years after he retired from boxing. The 63-year-old is currently undergoing therapy following treatment for neck and back problems.
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • EbDawson
    Veteran
    • Apr 2004

I read where his wife says the story is BS. Her daughter had said his condition has worsened, not necessarily that he's about to die. Who knows?
    "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• redblkwht
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

already read this too, dont be surprised if
      he is in trouble..

EUAS

Comment

Working...