Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Australia Says Terror Attack Thwarted

Arrests made in counter-terrorism raids

Police say that 15 arrests have been made during a series of counter-terrorism raids in Sydney and Melbourne early today.

New South Wales Police Commissioner Moroney says more than 400 police officers have been involved in raids on 15 homes in south-western Sydney.

He says they have arrested six men in Sydney and nine men in Victoria, who are alleged to be planning a terrorist attack in Australia.

"They're currently being interviewed by police and my expectation is that they will appear in Sydney courts this morning," he said.

Commissioner Moroney says a terrorist attack has been foiled.

"I am satisfied that we have disrupted what I would regard as the final stages of a terrorist attack or the launch of a terrorist attack in Australia," he said.

The planned target of the attack is not known.

The Commissioner says the raids are the result of a three-year investigation.
    Laws amended

The raids follow an urgent amendment to the Federal Government's anti-terrorism laws that was rushed through Parliament last week.

The Government is due to table its major package of counter-terrorism laws.

Labor's shadow attorney-general, Nicola Roxon, says the party's support will be conditional on the Coalition abandoning provisions in the legislation against subversive speech.

She says even federal Attorney-General Philip Ruddock has admitted they are not properly drafted.

"He should conduct a review on the sedition offences and put that forward as a separate proposal," Ms Roxon said.

Some Coalition MPs have also expressed concern about the sedition laws.

There are also other concerns among backbenchers.

Liberal backbencher Steve Ciobo wants a bill of rights.

"It's not that I think the balance is wrong - I support the terror laws, I support the direction the Government's going in," he said.

He says the public needs reassuring rights will be protected.

Link
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

New Zealand is still a Safe place to Live in.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2010 @ 04:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

And to think a country can actually thwart terror without creating a liberty stealing freedom robbing Patriot Act that goes hand in hand with the useless incapacitated Homeland Security.

Good On Y'all Down Under!

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2022 @ 10:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeh, I was checking out New Zealand as a safe place if I become a fugitive and you don't even extradite to the U.S.. Or it's hard. You really make the U.S. or anybody have t2o produce a lot of evidence t2o warrant your cops t2o care enough from their regular sheep bandits patrols and do anything aboot a good, happy yank living amongst you. And the weather is fantastic, beautiful landscapes and beaches. If I commit any crimes I may come t2o live in New Zealand f4or a few years bef4ore I die aff old age and leave dis werld f4or ever. Maybe da Michigan Militia will invite me back t2o be da President aff Ohio after da overthrow aff da democrats and republicans f4or the people aff America. Kinda like the Ayatollah Humani. I may start a nuclear weapons program f4or Ohio.

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Phil theStalker
    Yeh, I was checking out New Zealand as a safe place if I become a fugitive and you don't even extradite to the U.S.. Or it's hard. You really make the U.S. or anybody have t2o produce a lot of evidence t2o warrant your cops t2o care enough from their regular sheep bandits patrols and do anything aboot a good, happy yank living amongst you. And the weather is fantastic, beautiful landscapes and beaches. If I commit any crimes I may come t2o live in New Zealand f4or a few years bef4ore I die aff old age and leave dis werld f4or ever. Maybe da Michigan Militia will invite me back t2o be da President aff Ohio after da overthrow aff da democrats and republicans f4or the people aff America. Kinda like the Ayatollah Humani. I may start a nuclear weapons program f4or Ohio.

Phil,I wood be Happy to set you up with some Hot Shore Girls.

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2022 @ 10:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Dan
    Phil,I wood be Happy to set you up with some Hot Shore Girls.
    Tell da sheep t2o move ova!

Here I CUM!

uh u hu h hu hu h h h

Yoo might have t2o hide mme from da U.S. fedS o1nce and awhile.

FREE MEN

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Phil theStalker
    Tell da sheep t2o move ova!

Here I CUM!

uh u hu h hu hu h h h

Yoo might have t2o hide mme from da U.S. fedS o1nce and awhile.

FREE MEN
    With 52 Million sheep,I don't think we would have a problem hiding ewe.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Originally posted by Cathedral
    And to think a country can actually thwart terror without creating a liberty stealing freedom robbing Patriot Act that goes hand in hand with the useless incapacitated Homeland Security.

Good On Y'all Down Under!
    not quite, cath.
    last friday we introduced stringent new anti-terror legislation,
    (with a shoot to kill clause) just in time for today's fun and games.

we should round up all the muzzy cunts and send them home.
    i fucking hate 'em. they've fucked the city i grew up in.
    peaceful religion my arse.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

another house has just been raided.
    nsw cops, federal police, and asio.
    go git 'em!!!

Cannonballer
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-18-2016 @ 04:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by ashstralia
    not quite, cath.
    last friday we introduced stringent new anti-terror legislation,
    (with a shoot to kill clause) just in time for today's fun and games.

we should round up all the muzzy cunts and send them home.
    i fucking hate 'em. they've fucked the city i grew up in.
    peaceful religion my arse.

Sydney is one good time city that everyone should visit at least once. The beaches are awesome, the sights are stunning, the girls are beautiful and the sun always shines. To think that there are people in the world whose only reason for living is to make other peoples lives miserable is beyond comprehension.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by JJMcClure
    Sydney is one good time city that everyone should visit at least once. The beaches are awesome, the sights are stunning, the girls are beautiful and the sun always shines. To think that there are people in the world whose only reason for living is to make other peoples lives miserable is beyond comprehension.
    mate, sadly there are now parts of the city that look like
    the worst middle eastern slums you could imagine.
    it makes me sick. multiculturalism... works in paris, too.

Cannonballer
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Its a global thing unfortunately. Name any large Western city and you'll find ghettoism. It amazes me how immigrants come into a country professing a desire to become British, French, Irish, Australian or whatever and yet choose not to integrate with their chosen society. Of course there are immigrants who are just like you and me who just want to get on with our lives. But most of those cultures are very inward looking in my opinion which leads to them forming a ghetto culture that in turn leads to drug dealing and crime.

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2010 @ 04:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Man, I really don't have a problem with 'Shoot to Kill' law when it comes to so called terrorism.
    Something big was about to go down there and it was prevented, that's the over lying important factor here to me.

But the Patriot Act and Homeland Security are far more than that here in the US, and they have yet to be revised as was promised 3 years ago. That too has been swept under the rug as conveniently as every damn thing else we don't have answers or resolution to.

The patriot act actually makes it a prosecutional crime to speak against it without being legally named a terrorist. It's the "You're either with me or against me" scenario and it's in writing, it has been voted on, and it could become law should someone decide to pick up that little nugget and bring it to the floor.
    It may even happen under cover of another bill, who knows with an Administration that makes so little of what it actually does known to the people who supported it.

Keeping Bush strapped and with no support from those who seek re-election naxt year and in '08 may be a blessing in disguise.
    I don't trust his Foreign Policy anymore and that is all he seems submerged in. him being locked up and unable to act without full disclosure before hand will benefit everyone on the planet.

I also don't trust that Democrats have spent years on Hatred and here we are with still nothing positive or relevant to the people coming from the side.
    The party is fucking empty, man. There is no spark of ideas that cannot be centered around 20 minute speeches about what Bush did.
    Um, we all see and know very well what Bush has done, so do the country a favor and come up with what you're GOING to do, we want to hear and see YOUR ideas and you'll get nowhere on your current course.
    Bitching about what is will not create solutions for where you are going. drifting happens easily and is much harder to stop once the current takes over.
    That in essence is what happened to the Democrats and the Republicans.
    The division in this country split so wide that it gave breeding room for far left and right extremism. so much that they became mainstream and guess what, the population is far too diverse for that to yeild anything good.

Until everyone meets back in the middle there will be nothing but more of the same and worse.
    If it means a return to the Self Justice ways of the Old West...I'm armed.

Cannonballer
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That unfortunatly is politics all over. Self righteous narcissitic pricks who only want their palms greased and couldn't give a fuck about anything else but themselves. It's all about power and electioneering. The best way to get elected is to point out the faults of the current man/party in power. It's not about new ideas or policies. Would Bush have had a problem getting Harriet Myers in as a Supreme Court judge three years ago? No. Why all the attention now on Dick Cheney, Scooter Libby and Karl Rove? Because Iraq is quicky turning into Vietnam and it's all about votes votes votes.

Thread Information