X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • General Hina
    Sniper
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
    i've said it before and i'll say it again...

the only reason DLR seems to have fallen so far, is that he was at the pinnicle. he was the apex. he was at 11. all black. how much more black could he get? none more black.

the only place to go from there was down. and a successful solo career, such as a multiplatinum EP, 2 platinum LPs, a gold (maybe the 3rd platinum) LP, a platinum video complilation; arena tours, etc... all seems like a fall, only because DLR with van halen was the ultimate.

yeah, DLR has been the butt of jokes at times. but the sad part isn't being the butt of jokes. it's being forgotten. and one thing dave will never be, is forgotten.
    Who's this Dave guy you are talking about?

Over and Out,
    General Hina

Comment

• Coyote
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
      i've said it before and i'll say it again...

the only reason DLR seems to have fallen so far, is that he was at the pinnicle. he was the apex. he was at 11. all black. how much more black could he get? none more black.

the only place to go from there was down. and a successful solo career, such as a multiplatinum EP, 2 platinum LPs, a gold (maybe the 3rd platinum) LP, a platinum video complilation; arena tours, etc... all seems like a fall, only because DLR with van halen was the ultimate.

yeah, DLR has been the butt of jokes at times. but the sad part isn't being the butt of jokes. it's being forgotten. and one thing dave will never be, is forgotten.
      True. True.
      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• ashstralia
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Feb 2004

yeahhhhh!!!!! dave has NUTHIN to prove to NOBODY.
        i saw him twice and he and his band fuckin THREW IT DOWN.
        i would not pay to see van gaylen 2 or 3. (or 4)
        van hagar idiots, read dave's book, and then bury your heads up each other,
        or debate whether 'when it's love' is better than 'love walks in'.
        dickheads.
        where's that tuba cd??

Comment

Working...