Thread: Is Roth back in the gutter?

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Is Roth back in the gutter?

Remember Sammy said during the Sam and Dave tour of 2002 that as soon as the tour is over Roth goes right back into the gutter.

Well, now that Sammy is back in VH what's Dave's next move. You know that BOV II is a lock to sell 1 million or so. Anything VH puts out will always outsell DLR solo or Sammy solo for that matter.

So, what angle does Dave take now? If any.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    he should do some REAL acting! he would be great in that and it could give him some new kick in the public...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    he needs too do some more acting get back in the public eye again.....
    get an original band like in 86 and put some killer shit out
    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Banned
    THE GRATEST™
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ..he may be in the gutter

..but unlike all of us who gaze at the stars , he gazes at his own reflection

..for he is a star

( that sounds very ghey )

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
    Remember Sammy said during the Sam and Dave tour of 2002 that as soon as the tour is over Roth goes right back into the gutter.

Well, now that Sammy is back in VH what's Dave's next move. You know that BOV II is a lock to sell 1 million or so. Anything VH puts out will always outsell DLR solo or Sammy solo for that matter.

So, what angle does Dave take now? If any.
    Why does Dave need an angle? Dave does what Dave wants. Angle or not. Ive never seen Dave do anything to raise the competition bar with Van Halen and I dont think he's going to this time. Dave has been working steady since the fall out of '96. If anything its the brothers that have a lot to prove.
    Dave will continue on pleasing his fans, not the majority masses that make millions. But the true rock n roll fans that deserve Dave in only one way. The Toastmaster General. Win or lose...Dave remains a winner to me. Playing small clubs or small acting bits. Hey its all gold for us.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Wolverine
    a million dollar gutter!!

Catfish
    Dude, going back with the VH sisters for a one-time-and-out summer tour with no new album behind it is the fucking gutter.

beto
    roth is van halen period. fuck that piece of shit evh, back stubbing
    bastard. dave is doing just fine . love you dave. rock on.
    please come on down to montreal.

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by flappo
    ..he may be in the gutter

..but unlike all of us who gaze at the stars , he gazes at his own reflection

..for he is a star

( that sounds very ghey )

Wow..
    That is excellant
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave is a millionaire Rockstar
    Shit.. his gutter is lined with more weed, coke and bitches than we have ever seen.

I am hoping Dave tours this summer.. doesn't look like it with James and Ray lining up other gigs..

Catfish
    James is damn good, but bass players are replacable. Fuck, the Stones haven't had one (officially) for almost 15 years. I remember what Mick said after Wyman left: "It isn't the hardest job in the world..."

Pied piper of poontang!!!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If Dave is back in the gutter it's just for the entertainment value.
    If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Dave IS VH
    Dave may not be as popular as he was in the 80's, but he still can put on a kick ass tour and keeps going out for his fans.

I would see Dave over Van Hagar any day!!!!!

watcha readin for?
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Damn, I want Dave's gutter. For a time, he ruled the earth. The elite. Hagar will never experience that, even if he would cure cancer today. They will tour under the name of Van Halen, sell things under the name of Van Halen, even convince a few people they are Van Halen, but they are not Van Halen. I hope Jan is proud because his sons lost the family name to a hyperactive guy from Indiana. Let there be no doubt, DAVE RULES!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Is Roth back in the gutter?

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC

Yeah I also remember Sammy saying that a Van Halen reunion should include both Dave and Sammy, its what the fans want and deserve.

Its quite evident who is in the gutter.

Kat
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    ... Ive never seen Dave do anything to raise the competition bar with Van Halen and I dont think he's going to this time.
    I look at it a little differently. I think both VH and Dave were competing with each other after the break-up...album for album.

I HOPE that Dave does feel competitive with this VH/Sammy thing. I would LOVE to hear some NEW kick-ass music from Dave along the line of DLR Band.

I think this is exactly what Dave needs to get his creativity flowing again. I'll see him anytime he's in my area, but it would be great to actually hear something other than the same old Van Halen songs - give us more SOLO stuff, Dave!

L.S.D.
    Originally posted by beto
    roth is van halen period. fuck that piece of shit evh, back stubbing
    bastard. dave is doing just fine . love you dave. rock on.
    please come on down to montreal.
    I believe the name is Eddie Van Halen, not dave van halen, fucking douche.

pardo
    Dave is doing what Dave wants. I don't think he's bent on world domination like he experienced from '78 - '84. If he were, he wouldn't have released Diamond Dave, done the No Holds BBQ etc...

He's one of the few guys who's able to follow his whims and have fun doing it.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i dunno that dave has been out of the gutter since 85-86....that vegas shit was the low point..
    BUT, with that said, like someone else said above..his gutter is nicer than ill ever see...if he died today, the guy banged more chicks, toured the world, was waited on hand and foot daily...jesus christ, the guy is a legend...
    bottom line..when you say Van Halen, the first image that comes to the brain is Dave..sammy, Ed and co. will have to live with it..

beto
    Originally posted by L.S.D.
    I believe the name is Eddie Van Halen, not dave van halen, fucking douche.
    GO FUCK YOURSELF ,YOU AND THAT PIECE OF SHIT EVH.GO LISTEN TO YOUR FAG VAN HAGAR MUSIC. IF IT WASN'T FOR DLR .EVH WOULD STILL BE PIANTING FENCES TO BUY GUITAR STRINGS.

ROTH IS VH DON.T FORGET THAT DOUCHE

L.S.D.
    what? If it wasnt for eddie, dlr would never amounted to anything. What did dlr for the music? He wrote lyrics jackass. Stop sucking dlrs dick and come back to reality didp shit. Whos' playing arenas and the songs he wrote, and whos playing clubs with the songs somebody else wrote? jackass.

aka Van Squalen
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LSD go back from where you came from douchebag.

pardo
    For fucks sake! When will you people realize that neither DLR or EVH were singularly responsible for the dominance that was the Almighty Van Halen? It truely was a Ying Yang situation. Where one was lacking, the other made up for it - and then some!

I can't pick who I thought was cooler or better from '78 - '84. They were both incredible. Those first 6 albums are why I'm here. Not to bitch about the current sorry state of the Van Halen saga. If I did that, I'd be one miserable bastard.

thefive
    Sarge
    "Dave is a millionaire Rockstar
    Shit.. his gutter is lined with more weed, coke and bitches than we have ever seen."

That is true and is funny as hell how you put it Sarge.

When I was watching that show on VH1 and Sammy said that. I was like this is a 57 year old man. GROW UP MAN.

THEFIVE

beto
    what? If it wasnt for eddie, dlr would never amounted to anything. What did dlr for the music? He wrote lyrics jackass. Stop sucking dlrs dick and come back to reality didp shit. Whos' playing arenas and the songs he wrote, and whos playing clubs with the songs somebody else wrote? jackass.

Doesn't hagar have a site. why are these hagar fans on this site
    fuck off

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i've said it before and i'll say it again...

the only reason DLR seems to have fallen so far, is that he was at the pinnicle. he was the apex. he was at 11. all black. how much more black could he get? none more black.

the only place to go from there was down. and a successful solo career, such as a multiplatinum EP, 2 platinum LPs, a gold (maybe the 3rd platinum) LP, a platinum video complilation; arena tours, etc... all seems like a fall, only because DLR with van halen was the ultimate.

yeah, DLR has been the butt of jokes at times. but the sad part isn't being the butt of jokes. it's being forgotten. and one thing dave will never be, is forgotten.

Loaded LikeAFreightTrain
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Amen brother
    "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."
    Roth Keeps it REEEEAL

Originally posted by Antman
    Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

beto
    Originally posted by knuckleboner

the only reason DLR seems to have fallen so far, is that he was at the pinnicle. he was the apex. he was at 11. all black. how much more black could he get? none more black.

the only place to go from there was down. and a successful solo career, such as a multiplatinum EP, 2 platinum LPs, a gold (maybe the 3rd platinum) LP, a platinum video complilation; arena tours, etc... all seems like a fall, only because DLR with van halen was the ultimate.

yeah, DLR has been the butt of jokes at times. but the sad part isn't being the butt of jokes. it's being forgotten. and one thing dave will never be, is forgotten.

right on bro

Beer Drinker&Hell Raiser
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well put, Knuckleboner.
    "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    this post is so stupid it is funny, do you honestly think without dave's charisma van halen would have ever made it. no offense dude, eddie was a great guitarist but eddie, alex and michael anthony are about as interesting to the media (which made vh famous) as a lawn mower. eddie and the boys now just live off what roth helped create, i will say though that together they were great but without roth as the one dude said they are air supply with a guitarist and an ugly vocalist. praise dlr and pity the no talent hack sammy hagar.

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Who's this Dave guy you are talking about?

Over and Out,
    General Hina

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

True. True.
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    yeahhhhh!!!!! dave has NUTHIN to prove to NOBODY.
    i saw him twice and he and his band fuckin THREW IT DOWN.
    i would not pay to see van gaylen 2 or 3. (or 4)
    van hagar idiots, read dave's book, and then bury your heads up each other,
    or debate whether 'when it's love' is better than 'love walks in'.
    dickheads.
    where's that tuba cd??

Thread Information