®oth A®my f®an©hise ?laya
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Smile Sheep Pen needs definition.

Gentlemen,

Perhaps I overlooked this in knowing Sarge's "It's about growing, not getting smaller" attitude, but I feel like there needs to be some fine tuning for The Sheep Pen:

First off, the "Don't like Roth? Drink our broth" attitude created an oxymoron for this site. The original intention was to support Roth, yet the forum intentionally invites people to

1. Create arguments

2. Sign up under "anti Roth" usernames.

I will admit, the main always had it's share of Hagar and possibly even Cherone supporters. But members who support Roth are against these so why create a forum to invite what you are against?

Second, some of the threads cause confusion for lurkers (remember, not everyone watching signs up.) The example I am refering to was Bob's 70's Musical Appreciation Thread.
    There's nothing wrong with that thread, but with a forum titled "House of Music", it may come across is "only pen members or elites" may post in this thread; the rest of you start your own thread in Badguy's and Phoenix forums. No Penner has personally given me that impression, but you have to empathize on how that would look to a lurker who is making a decision on whether to sign up here or not.

Third, The Pen looks kind of cliquey and could make a newbie with no "seniority" to the forums feel unwanted to unwelcome to the site altogether. The thread I'm talking about is Rikk's "Rules and Staff" thread. It comes across as belittling the other forums.
    No other forum has a thread implying, "These are the staff." Every other forum is content with reading who is moderator next to its description.

Finally, the Sheep Pen has lead to http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...945#post759945 which has lead to http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...threadid=29665 . Is this the impression we want as Sarge having the best message board?

I am not in any way saying the Pen needs to be closed. I've PMed most, if not all the frequenters and they're cool.
    I have nothing against Sarge's vision about growing as I've visited and posted in every forum I believe.
    I just believe the Pen needs to be defined so members understand what it's about so we can maintain integrity... it's about working together and growing folks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Some interesting points Steve.

One thing you didn't mention is that those who post shite will do so if we redefine Pen or not and they always will.

How is it a bad thing to let it be known that there are significant consequences to being a complete jackass. It is inevitable that Hagar fans will come to this site. Some will be reasonable and they have been treated with kid gloves, compared to some of the recent idiots like ritetool and Thorman. Really they are harmless, but they are spamming the Main right now. Do you think that this activity would decrease if the Pen wasn't inviting (as you say) confrontation? I say not. They will always be here. Why not have motivated individuals to steer them in the right direction and try to make something entertaining out of their presence?

I mean you will get flamed and hard if you are intent on posting mindless drool, or their ignorance in musical tastes will be parodied for all to enjoy. We are all busy and the mods and regulars don't always have the time and energy to give these a-holes or curious Van Hagar fans (who WILL come) what they deserve or simply make the best of their inevitable presence.

Being a part of the Pen doesn't change the fact that I would pursue those to bash the mighty DLR regardless.

There are crossover themes in all threads and I am curious as to why the Pen was singled out?

If anything I think the Pen is a great example for other forums, especially considering the creativity that goes on there. Why the need to classify things?

All members of Pen are active in all forums posting regularly, with the creative juices flowing from the Pen and its personality.

Other than a posting welcoming newcomers, I can't see the need for any changes. All of the regulars know they are welcome and their contributions are outstanding.
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 11-13-2005 at 12:40 AM.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well...now this oughta be an interesting thread...

and no offense flamma...

keep your "creative juices" to yourself...

we don't want them "flowing" out of the Pen...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    STEVE, no offense but what a ridiculous post.

Who cares what the SHEEP PEN is really about? Even I don't know sometimes.

I know it's about supporting Roth.

But yes...it's a clique. If you think the Pen Staff and Rules thread makes it seem that other forums are somehow inferior, then I suggest you lay off the mango bongs. It's a list of those in the current Pen clique, FORD's definition of a sheep and nothing more.

As for fights, again...give me a break. There are inevitably the same cuntroversies down there as there are in other forums. The only difference is that I've taken it upon myself to send such fight threads in recent times to the DUMP where they belong.

It seems there are a few that think THEY should define what the Pen is and that THEY should have say in how it is changed. And the bottom line is: a lot of that place is my vision and even I don't know what it means sometimes.

If someone does not like the Pen, then they can post in the other equally amazing forums at this site.

If someone starts fighting for such an idea, they should ask themselves why they care so much about the Sheep Pen.

It's a clique of Roth supporters.

Does it somehow send people away from the site when they first start posting? Fuck no. I know not one case of newbies coming in to the Pen and being attacked for no reason. In fact, almost no newbies come straight to the Pen. They post in Main.

You worry about those tie-fighters. I'll worry about the Pen.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Uncensored
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No Offense Savicki,But how do You justify pulling 2 threads out of a whole forum that are supposedly cliche,And leave a thread out that someone has posted a picture of their own feces?????
    And besides,Those 2 threads You make reference to were not even posted in the Sheep Pen?????

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I fucking LARVE the SHEEP PEN the way it is..........

Just so we're on the same page........................

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Dear Steve,

I do so like it when you step out from behind your "border-line retarded" trolling persona and offer valid, well-thought-out input such as this. I do believe that you raise some interesting, intelligent points.

-But-

I have to say that first off, I love the SHEEP PEN. I love the ROTH ARMY even more so...The SHEEP PEN was started as a long-ass mother-fucking thread, it was never meant to be a FORUM. So, I think you must realize the difficulty of sustaining an entire forum based solely on the concept of proverbially slitting the throats of DAVE-hating, VAN HAGAR worshippers. It's a tad bit of a difficult task, so of course we have branched out into various areas that reflect individual interests and personalities (i.e. STAR WARS, irreverent comic relief LARG stuff, etc.). But one thing I patently object to in this thread, STEVE, is your use of two threads to illustrate as to what you see as the problems regarding the SHEEP PEN that:

A.) Were not even in the SHEEP PEN, never were.

B.) Were not started by a SHEEP PEN member, they were started by bitter fools.

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
    Finally, the Sheep Pen has lead to http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/show...9945#post759945 which has lead to http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/show...&threadid=29665 . Is this the impression we want as Sarge having the best message board?
    Both threads were in FAN FORUM STEVE, so what is your point with that remark? Really? If three malcontented, bitter, and quite probably drunk posters get together to premeditatedly spam a forum that was here long before the SHEEP PEN and to harass a MOD they see tied to someone they dearly hate, this has to do with the SHEEP PEN how?

I mean, forums were never spammed, oh noooooooo!, prior to the creation, the immaculate conception, of the SHEEP PEN? Are you trying to insinuate that the drama and flame-wars are the result of the SHEEP PEN FORUM? Really STEVE, are you not an old timer? I'm a little disappointed in you dude. I keep hearing comments from old timers about legendary flame wars and webbies that had to undergo trial by fire in order to survive, and as a result, they became hard bitten, tough mother-fuckers filled with both venom and much wit, and with those facts as a result, they made this place a better one, filled with attitude and edge. So, when I hear people cuntplaining about "fighting" and "flame wars," I'm sorry, but the word 'P-U-S-S-Y' comes to mind...This isn't a high school, as much as though is seems like it at times with some peoples' mentalities. The truth is that there would be flaming with or without the SHEEP PEN. Flaming both pre-and-post dates the SHEEP PEN, and all of it's Admins.

And STEVEN, if you have a problem with the SHEEP PEN content, try to use thread links to actual SHEEP PEN THREADS! If you have a problem with me as a Mod, or what happens in FAN Forum, please try to contain your criticism to that topic only, and leave my associations to "cliques" out of it, mmm'kay? But nevertheless, thank you for your input. I do think you raised some valid points. If only you had not weakened your points with faulty logic and bad thread links that were wide of the mark.

**End of transmission**
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-13-2005 at 07:45 AM.

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fighting is good!!!

Battles are good!!!

Those things kept VH interesting after Dave left unlike their music...and they keep this site interesting as well...cuntroversy!!!
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Coming Soon..

Sheep Pen workout tapes for improved definition.

But really, does anyone coming in there with guns a blazin about the merits of I Can't Drive 55 need to be bashed into the dust ? seems redundant.

And maybe just maybe the 70's musical appreciation threads true point was missed .....

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Rikk, it's not about what the Pen is about. Heck, who knows what the Dump is about.

It was about intentionally trying to invite trouble. Like having a Roth fan site and an anti-Roth site on the same site.
    No other site that I know of has a forum of implying, "If you don't like the artist this site is about post here and we'll put you in your place."
    Not at Vonnie's (not last I checked) and not at Britney Spears' (not that I really checked either. )

I understand that the Penners have donated and paid for bandwidth and I respect that and all the members there.
    I just don't understand why you want to intentionally invite trouble over to the board.

Nick, I have no problems with you at all. I don't read the fan as much, in fact I don't come to this site as much as I'd like.

Okay, I'll check out the Pen and find out what more it's about.

Flamma, I see where you are coming from. If people like Thorman and the other you mentioned weren't allowed to post at all, we wouldn't have this mess.
    Of course, no one, not even moderators or webbies can be here 24/7 so maybe I jumped the gun a little.
    Last edited by Steve Savicki; 11-13-2005 at 09:04 AM.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills

But really, does anyone coming in there with guns a blazin about the merits of I Can't Drive 55 need to be bashed into the dust ? seems redundant.

But what if he posts it every day and bumps real DLR threads in Main?

This guy should be allowed to make a fool of himself at our expense?

I think not. Ya we could ignore all Hagar lovers, but where would the fun in that be? Using one's wit to make the best of an inevitable situation is all good. Only other alternative is to send all Hagar threads in Main elsewhere, but that seems impractical.

Bottom line, they will always come, and pen does nothing to increase their presence.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DavidFlamma
    But what if he posts it every day and bumps real DLR threads in Main?

This guy should be allowed to make a fool of himself at our expense?

I think not.
    I think not as well, but I see it as being at their expense, not ours, but I hear ya. They deserve what they get, I was just making a point.
    Viva La Sheep Pen.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by mewisemagic
    And besides,Those 2 threads You make reference to were not even posted in the Sheep Pen?????
    Bingo. What the fuck did those two links have to do with the SHEEP PEN?

STEVE, shouldn't you be busy suggesting that ICON should be de-Webbied?

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It was about intentionally trying to invite trouble.
    The Pen has existed for more than a year, and three and a half months as a forum. I have yet to see ONE case in which Hagar-ites actually come spamming at our site because the SHEEP PEN challenges them to. I've never seen a Hagar-ite actually start spamming our site even in the Pen forum. It's always Main...the starting point.

Methinks you're worried too much about the SHEEP PEN. To this day, I can't even figure out why it's been your avatar and title for the past several months. I mean, how the fuck can you possibly care more about it than the guys that are in it?

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Sheep Pen needs definition.

yet the forum intentionally invites people to

1. Create arguments
    So do most of your threads, Steve !

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Pen's fine the way it is.

90% of it's magic is that there is no definition, per se.

If you want a definition? A stupid little internet club; a bunch of Rothtards; and a funny bunch of sons-a-bitches on the "Staff", except for Bill Lumbergh who can henceforth suck my dick.

Thanks, ya'all!
    Twistin' by the pool.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I just don't understand why you want to intentionally invite trouble over to the board.
    Because we LAREV CLASSIC VAN HALEN & DAVID LEE ROTH....and make no appologies for it.

I ain't into the "All-Halen" "It's about the music" & "It doesn't matter who the singer is" FUCKING BULLSHIT. FUCK ANY MOTHER FUCKER who doesn't give DAVE his rightful due...............

MOTHER FUCK VAN HAGAR

DAVE OR THE FUCKING GRAVE

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    First there was the original Roth Romper Room...

then there was the Basement...

then the MOJO DOJO...

then the Dump...

then a combination of some...

now the Pen...

We start these forums for a reason...and we end them for a reason whenever that happens...or they develop into something different.

I've skimmed through some of what some of you have said...

To whoever said that having a Pen DOESN'T bring people to the board to act like assholes...I have one sentence for you...ARE YOU FUCKING NEW HERE...

To whomever said that flame wars made people battle ready...not true...you either are...or aren't...

To whomever think that flame wars are acceptable to run a successful board. To a certain extent...in particular when they are actually about Roth...and not about what you had for lunch...or "who you hang out with."

What's my point...as always...I have none.

I'll just say this...there isn't a forum here I give a flying fuck about. No, not even the sports forum. If it were gone, I'd just post shit somewhere else until I annoyed them enough to create another sports forum...lmfao...

What I'd fucking love to do...is change ALL THE fucking forums...move mods...dump some...make some new...and have you all wake up in the morning to some fucked up Roth Army Bizarro world...

the days following that would be telling...

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    First there was the original Roth Romper Room...

then there was the Basement...

then the MOJO DOJO...

then the Dump...

then a combination of some...

now the Pen...

We start these forums for a reason...and we end them for a reason whenever that happens...or they develop into something different.

I've skimmed through some of what some of you have said...

To whoever said that having a Pen DOESN'T bring people to the board to act like assholes...I have one sentence for you...ARE YOU FUCKING NEW HERE...

To whomever said that flame wars made people battle ready...not true...you either are...or aren't...

To whomever think that flame wars are acceptable to run a successful board. To a certain extent...in particular when they are actually about Roth...and not about what you had for lunch...or "who you hang out with."

What's my point...as always...I have none.

I'll just say this...there isn't a forum here I give a flying fuck about. No, not even the sports forum. If it were gone, I'd just post shit somewhere else until I annoyed them enough to create another sports forum...lmfao...

Excellence.

What I'd fucking love to do...is change ALL THE fucking forums...move mods...dump some...make some new...and have you all wake up in the morning to some fucked up Roth Army Bizarro world...

the days following that would be telling...

It would be simply amazing!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Steve doesn't get it... Pojo doesn't care... Bob is still ugly...

That can only lead to one conclusion... Conflict is good.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ZahZoo
    Bob is still ugly...
    On the plus side, the armor looks killer.

Give in to your anger...let the hate flow through you...

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The bottom line is that there are people that take things too seriously. If some people knew how tongue-in-cheek some shit really is, they would calm down and drink a slushee.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Savicki needs to get a clue.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin

keep your "creative juices" to yourself...

we don't want them "flowing" out of the Pen...
    I knew I should have changed that but left it out there...like slowpitch...

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Golden AWe
    Fighting is good!!!

Battles are good!!!

Those things kept VH interesting after Dave left unlike their music...and they keep this site interesting as well...cuntroversy!!!
    Originally posted by ZahZoo
    Steve doesn't get it... Pojo doesn't care... Bob is still ugly...

That can only lead to one conclusion... Conflict is good.
    LOOK!!!

Me and Zahzoo agree on something...

wow...

"We could be heroes..."

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You're right... I wouldn't say not get as much as overlooked Flamma's implication that "sheep" will come here anyways.

As long as there is a Penner modding the main shepherding sheep to the pen, I guess it's understandable (I think that's covered by DLR7884.)

Perhaps the Pen's description would be a little more understandable, if it was more tactful. Instead of "Drink our broth," more like, "Don't like Roth? Post here instead of spamming up the main."

And I still disagree with the freedom of speech rule. Whatever happened to the old school standard rule- bash the artist the site is about, you're automatically banned... simple as that.

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

And I still disagree with the freedom of speech rule. Whatever happened to the old school standard rule- bash the artist the site is about, you're automatically banned... simple as that.
    It's not necessary on a Roth-website...people can bash his hairdo or what he has done through the last 20 years all they want, but they can never take away the music by bashing it...the original six...it's simply not possible to bring that fact down.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You're right Awe... never thought about it that way, taking away the music that is.

Truth is, I just grew up on too many sites that had rules: http://laurabranigan.com/Discussion.htm

This site is an online community. Like any other community, for it to work best its users must respect the rights and feelings of others. To this end, the users of this site are expected to observe Net etiquette, or "Netiquette." Basically, this involves using good judgment and common sense in using this site.

Examples of common rules of Netiquette follow:

Don't send rude, insulting or obscene messages.

Don't copy site content without authorization.

Don't send unwanted messages or post messages to the wrong forum.

Don't impersonate others.

Don't share personal information (telephone numbers, addresses, etc.) with others.

Don't use profanity or post lewd, obscene or similar objectionable materials to this site.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There are no rules in rock and roll.
    Same ole song and dance...

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yup, those rules suit sites like the Links better...the best thing about this site is there are no rules, really...me, I don't enjoy pics of eating horsecochs or shit, for the first couple of times they are a good laugh...uhuhhuh...and people's different reactions are even funnier...aahahaha

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bill LUMBERGH and I were banned from a 'STEVE PERRY chat' for saying that "it ain't JOURNEY without STEVE PERRY," the the current bunch were "fucking phonie-balony assholes" or something.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Perry or the Grave

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve!

IN ROTH WE TRUST
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve! Steve!
    Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.
    "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This, Little Helper. This.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Don't send unwanted messages or post messages to the wrong forum.

How about following your rule there professor??

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills

Perry or the Grave
    Every Tuesday and Saturday night at 10PM EST.

Thread Information