Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He is? :confused:
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    yes he is
    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Your Daddy
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm a VH fan from the days of Fair Warning....I'll take what I can get.

Unless it's Cherone.....oy!

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i agree w/ya 100%

thefive
    Think about this. Air supply with a guitarist.

Just think about that song

'Here I am the one that YOU LOVE asking for another day.'

THATS VAN HAGAR FOR YOU!!!!! AIR SUPPLY with a guitarist,

THEFIVE

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    think about this.......suck my balls... think about it.....think about it

thefive
    I really really want you to think about this.

Think about this. Air supply with a guitarist.

Just think about that song

'Here I am the one that YOU LOVE asking for another day.'

THATS VAN HAGAR FOR YOU!!!!! AIR SUPPLY with a guitarist,

THEFIVE

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    think about this u swallowin my meet... think about ... you swallowin my meet. think about it

Your Daddy
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sammy will do....

Sorry I'm not all "Dave or the Grave" like most here.

My motto? "Hot Damn, It's SAM!!"

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Originally posted by tjvhou812
    think about this u swallowin my meet... think about ... you swallowin my meet. think about it
    why don't we think about going back to school or at least picking up a book? Because meat is spelled with an "a" moron. Think about it. just think about it. Tool.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Originally posted by DavidLeeWrath
    Okay....he's cool.
    Can you please wise me up to why you and only you, think that Sam Hagar is cool? Im seriously interested in this.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cool, cause he's 60 and still sings mono tone? Cool, because his hair is half afro half crows nest? The capri pants? sandles? Contradicts what he says in basically every interview since his initial split (over jealousy) in 96? Damn, I just dont know what makes him cool?! Ah, maybe Im too old to know what cool is? But I do know that cool is not what makes good music. Its only what sells it. And in this case Sam is NOT cool. He's cold. Dead body, rigamortis setting in kinda cold. get a life BUD.

Catfish
    I'm a VH fan from the days of Fair Warning....I'll take what I can get.

Unless it's Cherone.....oy!
    Somebody please explain the difference between Cherone and Gaygar.

Shit is shit.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think the difference is Gary tried his best to be a normal frontman for a band he knew he couldn't live up to. yeah he was the shits, but he knew that, and withdrew early. He left when he knew the tour was selling shit. Sam wouldn't do that. Sam would stick out and milk everything for what its worth. At least Gary, the person, was smart enough to move onto something else. (even if it is the Vagina Monologues) Sam kept the bashing going. Didn't Sam bash Ed on the Sam and Dave tour, the first night? Ed forgives Sam, but can't forgive Dave? Bullshit.

Your Daddy
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    Can you please wise me up to why you and only you, think that Sam Hagar is cool? Im seriously interested in this.
    Sure, be happy to explain it. I wont "wise you up" though because that would suggest that I will change your thinking to match my own. I seriously doubt that will take place.

In any case, here goes....

I was a fan of his music as early as 82. I was also a rabid Halen fan. So, that being said, I was more than happy to see him join a band that I thought was gonna be in serious fuckin trouble after losing one of the most compelling presences in rock (yes, that would be DLR).

I like Sammy for his vocal range, his showmanship, his love for the fans, and his sense of humor. I could care less what he wears on stage. He makes a big noise, and makes it proudly. His doesn't give concerts, he throws parties for 10,000 people. He's not afraid to pick up a guitar and go toe-to-toe with Ed on the solos. The man just plain rocks.

Now, that being said....I'm still a fan of VH#1 thru 1984. I have copies of Skyscraper, Lil Aint Enough, Filithy Little Mouth.....I like Dave still. But he ain't coming back and Im not gonna fool myself into thinking so. The man's solo shows are....well, not Halen shows. The guy looks like the Crypt Keeper in tight blue leather. He's entertaining as hell to listen to in interviews, and his stuff with VH will always be classics.

But Dave is gone.....

Sam is ON!

Peace!
    Pope of The Church Of Almighty Sam, Rock God and LEADER of Van Halen!!!

Your Daddy
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Catfish

Shit is shit.

Shit is shit.

Sam fit, Cherone didn't. Too "Freddie Mercury" for Halen.

Catfish
    Sam fit, Cherone didn't. Too "Freddie Mercury" for Halen.
    Sam fit into Van Halen, huh?

Dude, that fat fuck couldn't fill Dave's shoes OR his trousers on stage.

Your Daddy
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sam = in Van Halen

Dave = Given a chance and blew it

I'm simply accepting what is.....

...and what is understood need not be discussed.

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sam did not fit into Van Halen

Any 60 year old guy who wears Capri pants and Sandals and whore his cantina is not cool.

The guy probably can't even see his dick
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Lou
    It's not even "fit into Van Halen" as if Van Halen was always the trio of EVH, AVH, and MA.......plus a singer. Van Halen was EVH, AVH, MA, DLR. Just like Led Zeppelin is always Plant, Page, Jones, Bonham. There's no "fitting in" like Carlos Santana's various musicians "fitting into" the "band" Santana. Van HALEN has a definition and it doesn't include Sammy Hagar or anyone but the original four musicians.

thefive
    Sammy's voice is so annoying.

thefive

Your Daddy
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Sarge
    Sam did not fit into Van Halen

Any 60 year old guy who wears Capri pants and Sandals and whore his cantina is not cool.

The guy probably can't even see his dick
    I'm sorry that your musical admiration for someone is limited to the clothes they wear.

Sam fit then, fits now. And thems be the facts.

/shrug

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sam fit into Van Halen, huh?

Dude, that fat fuck couldn't fill Dave's shoes OR his trousers on stage.
    if he couldnt fill daves shoes they would have floped

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    His doesn't give concerts, he throws parties for 10,000 people. He's not afraid to pick up a guitar and go toe-to-toe with Ed on the solos. The man just plain rocks.
    Sam is ON!
    Peace!

I think Dave touched on this during the Spam and Dave tour."I don't need a couple of short-bus bleachers onstage to have a party, I AM THE FUCKING PARTY".

Your Daddy
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    It's not even "fit into Van Halen" as if Van Halen was always the trio of EVH, AVH, and MA.......plus a singer. Van Halen was EVH, AVH, MA, DLR. Just like Led Zeppelin is always Plant, Page, Jones, Bonham. There's no "fitting in" like Carlos Santana's various musicians "fitting into" the "band" Santana. Van HALEN has a definition and it doesn't include Sammy Hagar or anyone but the original four musicians.
    So, you would be screaming bloody murder if Eddie, Dave, and Al hit the road....but replaced Mike with another bassist?

Agree with the Zep statement there wholeheartedly, BTW.

Your Daddy
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by rustoffa

I think Dave touched on this during the Spam and Dave tour."I don't need a couple of short-bus bleachers onstage to have a party, I AM THE FUCKING PARTY".
    Dave can crow all he wants. I saw the co-headlining tour, and I came SPECIFICALLY becasue I had never gotten a chance to see DLR live. Had a splinter of a chance to see one of the last shows of the 1984 tour and I regretted missing it ever since. Well, there I was watching Sammy, then Dave....

Sam's set was much more like being at his house, drinks flying about, chicks wall-to-wall, and Mike decided to crash the party (and the audience lost their fuckin MINDS when they saw him jump out from the wings with his bass slung around him)

.....and Dave was onstage with, hell I have no clue who those guys were, but it wasn't Eddie up there playing Aint Talkin Bout Love. he didnt even LOOK like the Dave I knew. Someone described him as looking like a 90-year-old flourescent banana. Hell, that's damn close to what I saw.

I went there to go to Dave's party, but he wasn't throwing one...he was there to remind all all that he still likes spandex and likes to pretend that the mic is his dick. Well.....um, cool....way to go, Dave.

Your Daddy
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by tjvhou812
    if he couldnt fill daves shoes they would have floped
    Ouch.

Scuse me.....I gotta reaffirm my love of DLR's old stuff. I've been insulting the man too much today.

<cues up "DOA">

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hello to my fellow Roth Soldiers

My sincere condolences on the recent and unfortunate news regarding Sammy 'The Sheepdog' Hagar. I wrote a letter to MTV in response to their 'news', and below I've included it below. I know it's not a popular viewpoint, but I sincerely believe that Cherone can kick Hagar's butt anyday in any dept. But it's like his first solo T-Shirt said: ROTH RULES!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Dear MTV:

I'm SURE that the VJs of past can confirm that if you saw a thoroughly entertaining video that expressed a "heartfelt, kick in the pants" Van Halen song, it would be none other than Diamond David Lee Roth on vocals. Defense rests your honour, no further questions, case dismissed.

When Gary Cherone joined the band, and subsequently went on a North American Autograph Tour, I saw something in Gary that I hadn't seen in Sammy Hagar. Put simply, Gary was humble. And that made Van Halen 3 the 7th best album that VH ever released (the first 6 are of course, VH's first 6 albums). Sammy came in, thought he was filling Roth's 'Sensible Shoes', and he was wrong, very wrong. Has Hagar put out some good stuff with Van Halen? Absolutely yes. But certainly not in a way that outshines Roth-Era Van Halen, but it's rather like oranges and apples, not even comparable, and the same goes for Cherone-Era Van Halen. So why does VH3 with Cherone measure up better than anything and everything that Hagar ever put out with Van Halen? Because Cherone was honest, and he wasn't trying to outdo anyone. Hagar was, and it became obvious live and on record. Van Halen 3 w/Cherone was underrated; it was an album of poetry set to music, and it's unfortunate that more fans didn't recognize or appreciate it for the audio artwork that it truly was. Bottom-line: David Lee Roth was, is and always will be the undisputed King of Showmanship, The Master of Media and Rock n' Roll Clown that showed us that rock n' roll music had nothing to do with satanism, anger, hatred and politics. It had everything to do with having a great time, smiling, laughing and enjoying your life with whoever your neighbour is. That's what David Lee Roth brought to Van Halen, and that's what we've been missing since 1984. Eddie & Alex, if there's ANY way you read this message, please just listen to what I'm about to say. With Roth, both onstage and in the studio, you really seemed to be enjoying yourselves and pushing each other to play harder and sing better. That's nothing to do with what you put down on vinyl or in concert; I'm talking about VIBE. It was unmistakable and unforgettable for most of your fans. When you were with Hagar, you seemed to be trying to prove something, great guitar/drum work but, the vibe was missing and it was noticeable. You seemed to really be at peace with Gary Cherone, and VH3 was better than anything you've put out with Sammy, for that reason alone, VIBE. Look guys, you can and will obviously do whatever you want, and I'll admit, it'll be great to hear you guys play again but, you can't fool the happiness vibe.

DLR_Engineroom@rotharmy.com
    __________________________________________________ _______

Your Daddy
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I dunno what's funnier....

the fact that you thought VH3 was even remotely better than any of the Hagar/VH albums....

or the fact that you wrote to MTV, which hasn't been relevant to real rock music in over a decade.

"Dave is gone....Sam in ON!!"

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I like Sammy for his vocal range, his showmanship, his love for the fans, and his sense of humor. I could care less what he wears on stage. He makes a big noise, and makes it proudly.
    Um, no seriously I said. He doesn't have vocal range. Im not just saying that. He really doesn't. He yells in mono tone, and sometimes he yells loud, sometimes not so loud. But range? I dunno 'bout that. He doesn't have any showmanship of his own. His showmanship is usualy posing in pics with other rock stars. ie: DLR or VH or Montrose for that matter. What love for the fans? He lied to them over and over again, but most recently about never joining VH again, and that he couldn't possibly leave his Waborits (?) behind. Sense of humour? Thats the one thing about him thats funny to everyone that knows Sam on any level, is that he's too serious. Personal feelings get involved with sam at the helm. He does make a big noise, granted. But that doesn't mean its good. Just loud. And yeah, if he's proud, I guess thats ok with him. But I really believe its subpar. I liked Sammy when he played "Fast Times at Ridgemont High", "Heavy Metal", Cruisin' and Boozin", 20th Century Man". That era. 70's. But when he joined an already hard rocking band, that was everything cool and then some, he just dragged them down to his level. Playing love songs and radio ballets. Thats just sad. If your a Dave fan or not. Its piss poor for rock groups to do a 360 and expect a growth in fan base instead of a decline.

Your Daddy
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, you asked me directly....there ya go.

I could say the same things you just said about DLR's vocal range, but I won't ...because there's no point.

You'd have to see the solo shows he puts on to see how much a good time he has with the fans. I've never seen a guy actually start mixing drinks onstage for the front row while his guitarist kicks into an extended solo, or bring them up onstage to watch the band up close on risers.

And funny that you should mention "Fast Times" as a prime Hagar track.

I really, really, really think that song sucks...and I love both Hagar and that movie. Easily his worst track....even worse than "Winner Takes It All".

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Winner Takes All sucked beans thats for sure. But I liked Fast times, cause they set the gain high to drown his voice out.

Roth has lost his vocal range no doubt. he's nowhere near 1984. Nobody is. But today. Roth vs Sam. I put all my dimes on Roth. Its thye ups and downs and screams that sound so sweet. I could and have fallen asleep to some cool DLR songs.

Mixing drinks on stage. see Dave just drowns the first two rows with J.Daniels. And your comparing J.Daniels to what? Tequila Sunrise'? Shirley Temples? Getting to see the band up close play would be cool. But then again, Sam's Webble Wabo's aren't all that cool.

Your Daddy
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Big Troubles

Mixing drinks on stage. see Dave just drowns the first two rows with J.Daniels.

Umm, some wrinkled butt-pirate starts dousing me with whiskey is gonna be picking his teeth out of his own shit. And yeah, I saw the stunt you were refering to. Quite the classy move, jerking off the bottle to the women in the front row. Sorry, I left that shit behind in high school.

Hand me a drink at a party....not this faux-masturbation crap.

thefive
    Sammy blows.
    thefive

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I could say the same things you just said about DLR's vocal range, but I won't ...because there's no point.

You'd have to see the solo shows he puts on to see how much a good time he has with the fans. I've never seen a guy actually start mixing drinks onstage for the front row while his guitarist kicks into an extended solo, or bring them up onstage to watch the band up close on risers.

I really, really, really think that song sucks...and I love both Hagar and that movie. Easily his worst track....even worse than "Winner Takes It All".
    The fact that you think any Sammy is good kills your cred.
    3 lock box, drive 55 - he sucked. everything he did. his guitar playing. his guitar players. I'm sure you like "classic poison" too.
    His was 2nd rate. He was Eddie Money, Toto, and Robert Palmer.

Take 1 step further from from the laundy basket,......
    on top of the clothes...........
    in the closet.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

The fact that you think any Sammy is good kills your cred.
    3 lock box, drive 55 - he sucked. everything he did. his guitar playing. his guitar players. I'm sure you like "classic poison" too.
    His was 2nd rate. He was Eddie Money, Toto, and Robert Palmer.

Take 1 step further from from the laundy basket,......
    on top of the clothes...........
    in the closet.

by mom's shoes

Your Daddy
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh no...my cred is dead!! NOOO!!

I'll try to sleep tonight, Pete. Feh!

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh no...my cred is dead!! NOOO!!

I'll try to sleep tonight, Pete. Feh!
    sleep tight sweety! You need your beauty rest.

Your Daddy
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by pete
    sleep tight sweety! You need your beauty rest.
    I shall sleep fine.

Sammy's back in the band!

Thread Information