Thread: "GOD Bless Joe Montana"

Medium Pimpin
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

"GOD Bless Joe Montana"

I was thumbin through the Virginia Pilot this weekend and came across a quote from an interview he gave last week. It was short and absolutely fuckin perfect. I suppose you can guess the subject with him being THE 49er.

He was asked how he would deal with Terrell Owens if they were teammates and bless his heart, without hesitation he simply says, "I'd wait until he was wide open. I'd look right at him, give him a nod and then throw it to somebody else"!

Its not even a punchline but I couldn't help myself. It made me laugh anyways. All I could think was, "Why hasn't anyone else thought of that?"

Then, I guess that's why he has 4 Superbowl rings, 3 SB MVP's, and the highest QB rating in superbowl history for a career. Yep, he went to 4 superbowls and won 4 superbowls. The other SB that he didn't win the MVP for was Superbowl XXIII and 92 yards of glory.
    Four SB's and a QB rating of 127.8. Career SB numbers: 83 of 122 for 1,142 yards and 11 touchdowns. Oh, and ZERO interceptions! I know Phil Simms completed 80 someodd percent of his passes in one Superbowl but careerwise NOBODY, including Terry Bradshaw can argue with those numbers.

I got that from ESPN.com/sportscentury and nfl hall of fame bio.
    Last edited by stringfelowhawk; 11-14-2005 at 07:13 PM.

Thread Information