X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
    i think youre desperate. I never thought the solo stuff was up to par with =VH=.
    I don't think you can read...

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by WARF

I still think Thug Pop was a good as anything he did as a solo artist.
      It's one of Dave's best songs...

John Lowrey wrote it with Dave...

Too bad the rest of the disc wasn't like it...

I also agree that Dave did a good job with Soul Kitchen...

Comment

• Loons The Great

Yez Yeah...well....well....well....

Lemme aggsk y'all a question: How can a David Lee Roth fan NOT be a fan of "Diamond Dave's No Holds Bar-B-Que," or "Diamond Dave??????"

It's like a Led Zeppelin fan hating,"Dreamland," or,"Led Zeppelin BBC Sessions," or,"How The West Was Won."

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Believe it or not, I've never seen No the No Holds Bar-B-Que...

Someone was supposed to mail me a copy years ago and it never happened...

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
            Veteran
            • Apr 2004

It's an ok Cd. I'll stick to the VH and older Roth sol CD's myself.
            http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
            Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
            Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• audiospectrum
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

The album has a certain mood, it fits, you just gotta play it in different situations to get it right.
              I'm very proud of what was that band and what was that show and what it did mean to people. It disgusts me that it has turned into the complete opposite. That it now represents everything that I spoke against, that we suppoesedly represented the converse of. I don't want to have to remember that the team turned into that. Makes me question what the team was while I was a member. Was it all bullshit? If nothing else, it confirms in my mind that from my standpoint - yours truly, David Lee - not a fraction. If nothing else, this kind of morbid, wounded animal anger aimed my way has caused me to look deep into that bathroom mirror and come back to you with "my shit was legit." It was for real. And perhaps the test is time. Because here I am, a decade and a half later, haven't changed much. I look a little different, but not much. My sense of humour is about the same.

Comment

• Loons The Great

To research "Thug Pop," you gotta listen to classic Van Halen vettin' up,"Trampled Underfoot," in 1975. Then listen to a version by the mighty Led Zeppelin. Then go listen to,"Superstition," by Stevie Wonder and,"Terraplane Blues," by Robert Johnson. Can ya diggit?

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

I've heard 95% of the album...Thug Pop is good...a few other moments back and forth also, in places...overall, though, it's not essential.
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Loons The Great

Thug Pop

Comment

Working...