Thread: US Fest DVD torrent files

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

US Fest DVD torrent files

Do me a favour please. Anyone. Everyone. Turn your Torrent client on and share the US Fest DVD files. I've had my machine up 24x7 for 3 weeks and only have 14% remaining to download. I've been stuck at 14% remaining for 4 days. I'm desperate. Please help.
    Thanks,
    M

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cool. I'll be the first to respond to my own thread. The moment I pressed the submit button I noticed 2 peers come on line (first I've seen in days). Ah, ask and you shall receive. Still though, the more the better.
    M

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    where did you get those torrents?

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    JamToThis. http://www.jamtothis.com/. Best site on the net for live music torrents. Most original seeders will even re-seed if you post a request. Be prepared for the downloads to take days/weeks, working 24x7 as most people's upload rates are a fraction of their download rates. From good sources I can download at 1.5Mbps, but my provider limits my upload rate to 384kbps. When that's shared between 4 or 5 leechers and multiple torrents, you can see the problem. I tend to get 5-15kbps on average from most seeders. 7.5Gb (2DVDs) at this rate takes weeks to download. My US Fest download took just over 3 weeks, 24x7. But well worth it. What a fantastic boot.
    I've got Motley's US Fest set downloading now. 2 days and I'm just about to hit the 50% mark (1.2Gb of 2.4Gb). Can't wait. It feels like Christmas.
    M

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by m_dixon1984
    JamToThis. http://www.jamtothis.com/. Best site on the net for live music torrents. Most original seeders will even re-seed if you post a request. Be prepared for the downloads to take days/weeks, working 24x7 as most people's upload rates are a fraction of their download rates. From good sources I can download at 1.5Mbps, but my provider limits my upload rate to 384kbps. When that's shared between 4 or 5 leechers and multiple torrents, you can see the problem. I tend to get 5-15kbps on average from most seeders. 7.5Gb (2DVDs) at this rate takes weeks to download. My US Fest download took just over 3 weeks, 24x7. But well worth it. What a fantastic boot.
    I've got Motley's US Fest set downloading now. 2 days and I'm just about to hit the 50% mark (1.2Gb of 2.4Gb). Can't wait. It feels like Christmas.
    M

thanks dude! Who is your provider?

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
    thanks dude! Who is your provider?
    Local cable provider. I use their regular high-speed service. I could get up to 5Mbps download and ~900kbps upload but I'm not willing to pay the premium price (just not home enough). Was a DSL user until I moved to my new house. Bad wiring between house and telco hub (and a 1 year waiting list for improvements) led me back to the cable service. Where I lived previously cable connections slowed to a crawl in the evenings and drove me, back then, to a way more consistent DSL connection. Luckily, I have no real problem with either type of service so whichever is better, wherever you are, is fine with me. Turns out the cable service tends to simplify the high speed connection process on both Windows and Linux machines (I've certainly had some problems getting DSL connections to work properly in Linux - and it's less convenient in Windows).

Later,
    M

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Local cable provider. I use their regular high-speed service. I could get up to 5Mbps download and ~900kbps upload but I'm not willing to pay the premium price (just not home enough). Was a DSL user until I moved to my new house. Bad wiring between house and telco hub (and a 1 year waiting list for improvements) led me back to the cable service. Where I lived previously cable connections slowed to a crawl in the evenings and drove me, back then, to a way more consistent DSL connection. Luckily, I have no real problem with either type of service so whichever is better, wherever you are, is fine with me. Turns out the cable service tends to simplify the high speed connection process on both Windows and Linux machines (I've certainly had some problems getting DSL connections to work properly in Linux - and it's less convenient in Windows).

Later,
    M

1.5mbps/768kbps over here. Its pretty sweet. just what i need. BTW, i am getting 60kbps on those US fest dvds, so thats good. it should be done tuesday LMAO.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well my Linux machine at home is helping with that if you're using the Memorial Day Link from JamToThis (page 3 of the Video Torrents forum). Last time I checked there were only a couple of active leechers so as long as the number stays low you should keep getting those speeds. You picked a good time to get it because I leave my machine up 24x7. While I was downloading I was getting 1 seed for about 7 hours a day. Like I said earlier it took me 3 weeks to get it downloaded. I'm happy to keep my machine up while I'm on the road but once I'm back I'll want to reclaim the bandwidth for other things.
    Later,
    M
    M

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well my Linux machine at home is helping with that if you're using the Memorial Day Link from JamToThis (page 3 of the Video Torrents forum). Last time I checked there were only a couple of active leechers so as long as the number stays low you should keep getting those speeds. You picked a good time to get it because I leave my machine up 24x7. While I was downloading I was getting 1 seed for about 7 hours a day. Like I said earlier it took me 3 weeks to get it downloaded. I'm happy to keep my machine up while I'm on the road but once I'm back I'll want to reclaim the bandwidth for other things.
    Later,
    M
    M

A Linux user AND a helpful torrenter? The ladies must be all over you! what do you think of this gpu...http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1093468042165 ? i bought it for 100 from them via a 100 dollar rebate. its going in my new sys im building right now.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    HAHAHA, it's good for me that knowledge of either isn't something I'm looking for in the ladies. It would be long search, I suspect.

The video card is fantastic and the price is certainly good. Have you done the work looking for OpenGL support for your Linux distro, Ubuntu, if memory serves correctly? The card's been out for a while so you may be in luck. It's always best to go with previous generation video cards if you're running Linux. Gives the Open Source world some time to get drivers and settings worked out. I actually wish I was more knowledgeable and could participate more in that side of things but my plates already pretty full. Except for the fact that you're going with an ATI card it's seems like a good deal. I'm a nVidia fan but my reasons for being one aren't that relevant anymore. About 5 years ago, maybe a few more, ATI cards weren't as good for Windows gaming and I continue to hold it against them.
    M

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    HAHAHA, it's good for me that knowledge of either isn't something I'm looking for in the ladies. It would be long search, I suspect.

The video card is fantastic and the price is certainly good. Have you done the work looking for OpenGL support for your Linux distro, Ubuntu, if memory serves correctly? The card's been out for a while so you may be in luck. It's always best to go with previous generation video cards if you're running Linux. Gives the Open Source world some time to get drivers and settings worked out. I actually wish I was more knowledgeable and could participate more in that side of things but my plates already pretty full. Except for the fact that you're going with an ATI card it's seems like a good deal. I'm a nVidia fan but my reasons for being one aren't that relevant anymore. About 5 years ago, maybe a few more, ATI cards weren't as good for Windows gaming and I continue to hold it against them.
    M

Im not a gamer... the only thing i dont like about linux is alsa.... what a bitch! I need to config that shit later.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow, I've never had any problems with basic sound support so I've never looked into alsa too much. Basic sound output and control has worked in every Linux installation I've ever used. Wish I has some advice to offer but I've never had to do anything to get sound to work so I've never worked with alsa. Good luck with that.
    M

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow, I've never had any problems with basic sound support so I've never looked into alsa too much. Basic sound output and control has worked in every Linux installation I've ever used. Wish I has some advice to offer but I've never had to do anything to get sound to work so I've never worked with alsa. Good luck with that.
    M

it works.... but only one process can access the soundcard at a time. very annoying.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i just finished this dvd and i will be seeding for a while.... so now would be a great time to pick up this dvd. i love it by the way.

ctntail
    Try downloading BearShare @ BearShare.com the full Van Halen US Festival concert took only a little over an hour 2 hrs. of video.

Thread Information