The BUFFALO Sports Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the bills are movin' to l.a.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• There's a company that plans to build a stadium outside of L.A., and that company also has plans to steal a couple of NFL teams from other cities. Their intended targets of thievery: the Buffalo Bills and Jacksonville Jaguars. From the AP:

Majestic Realty Co. managing partner John Semcken said the company is still considering at least seven franchises for a new stadium some 25 miles east of Los Angeles.

They also include the San Francisco 49ers, San Diego Chargers, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams and Oakland Raiders.

But he said the Jaguars and the Bills are at the top of the list because they play in small markets that tamp down their earning potential and because they have little hope of building larger venues in their home regions
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Los Angeles announces intentions to poach the Jaguars or Bills - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Comment

• If they poach the Bills, Buffalo (the city) might as well pack up and shut the doors

Oh dear.

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
            the bills are movin' to l.a.
            Um, not quite yet. They're more likely to go to Toronto, ONT than L.A. And how many teams would that be that L.A. has by now?

In any case, I'd say the Jags are far more of a likely short term target as the fans there hardly notice them anymore...

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
              There's a company that plans to build a stadium outside of L.A., and that company also has plans to steal a couple of NFL teams from other cities. Their intended targets of thievery: the Buffalo Bills and Jacksonville Jaguars. From the AP:

Majestic Realty Co. managing partner John Semcken said the company is still considering at least seven franchises for a new stadium some 25 miles east of Los Angeles.

They also include the San Francisco 49ers, San Diego Chargers, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams and Oakland Raiders.

But he said the Jaguars and the Bills are at the top of the list because they play in small markets that tamp down their earning potential and because they have little hope of building larger venues in their home regions
              The Bills don't need a "larger venue." They've one of the higher capacity stadiums in the NFL (around 73,000 IIRC). They will need a newer stadium eventually, but that's years down the road possibly along a revitalized Waterfront...

And I just don't think LA is really an NFL city, too much to do or something? Or maybe the proximity of three other NFL franchises make people not care as much...

You left out this part:

There's no reason to panic yet, though, as we're a long way from anything like that happening. A lot of people have wanted to put a team in L.A., and every single one of them has failed to get their act together. When it comes to landing an NFL team, L.A., for about fifteen years now, has been all talk.

Yeah, let's get excited about bringing a franchise to a city that could give a fuck...

I wouldn't worry too much about it just yet, Bills and Jags fans. Of course, it probably wouldn't hurt to start, you know, filling your stadium, either.

The assclown who wrote this article obviously didn't check his facts--the Bills have one of the highest attendances in the NFL, even though they've basically sucked since 2001...
              Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-06-2010, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible View Post
                If they poach the Bills, Buffalo (the city) might as well pack up and shut the doors
                I dunno. Despite the fact that the games still usually sell out after a decade of shittyness, there seems to be an increasing frustration here as to whether it's worth it on Sunday to watch this grab-ass organization that is a borderline laughingstock that no one wants to come too anymore...

Comment

• Marshawn Lynch: P.O.S.

Report: Lynch Allegedly Took $20 From Police Officer's Wife

WGR Newsroom

Buffalo, NY -- According to a report in Saturday's edition of The Buffalo News, Bills running back Marshawn Lynch has been accused of stealing $20 from a woman last month. The report states that a complaint was filed by Buffalo Police Sgt. William Crawford with Hamburg police, after Lynch allegedly took the money from his wife while she and a friend were at TGI Friday's at McKinley Mall.

According to the story, Lynch took the $20 bill from Crawford's wife as she prepared to pay the check. When approached by his wife's friend about the money, Lynch allegedly said "Do you know who I am? There's going to be consequences."

The complaint was filed just one day after the incident, but Crawford waited until recently to make the story public because, as he told the News, his wife is "terrified" of Lynch.

WGR 550 SportsRadio - Home of the Buffalo Sabres - Report: Lynch Allegedly Took $20 From Police Officer's Wife

Get this guy the fuck out of here...

Comment

• Only in Hamburg. LMAO. For starters, I'm shocked TGIF is still open!

Oh dear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
                      I dunno. Despite the fact that the games still usually sell out after a decade of shittyness, there seems to be an increasing frustration here as to whether it's worth it on Sunday to watch this grab-ass organization that is a borderline laughingstock that no one wants to come too anymore...
                      Well I agree, I hear it from my friends at home all the time, but there WILL be economic consequences to the decision. And a BIG honkin' plot of land out in OP that will go dark.

And probably because I'm older - I was around before the superbowl run when the Bills were this unpopular and people were as disgusted as they are now - and only then did Ralph cough up the money to beef up the team and staff. Of course, this time, the climate of football has changed so significantly , and he's dotty as a giraffe.

Oh dear.

Comment

Only in Hamburg. LMAO. For starters, I'm shocked TGIF is still open!
                        Some are now saying that it was complete bullshit designed to hop onto the lawsuit bandwagon over the incident (from were he ran over some girl on Chippewa)...

That mall complex as about 50 restaurants around it--and I'm shocked they do was well as they seem to do...

Comment

Well I agree, I hear it from my friends at home all the time, but there WILL be economic consequences to the decision. And a BIG honkin' plot of land out in OP that will go dark.
                          It's gonna go dark anyways, eventually. Even if they stay, they'll be a huge taxpayer funded stadium by the waterfront in the next 10 to 15 years...

And probably because I'm older - I was around before the superbowl run when the Bills were this unpopular and people were as disgusted as they are now - and only then did Ralph cough up the money to beef up the team and staff. Of course, this time, the climate of football has changed so significantly , and he's dotty as a giraffe.
                          They were good to great in the 1960s and the late 1980s to around 2000. Ralph will cough up money in places, but then he robs Peter to pay Paul. He'll finally spend on a new coach after years of doing it on the cheap, then let go of some of his best players at the league is littered with very good Bill's draft picks...

Comment

• You have got to be kidding me. Rather than waiting for Minnesota's defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier to become available, the Bills went with Chan Gailey?

Bills hire Gailey as coach

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. --
                            Chan Gailey was hired by the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday, getting a second chance to prove himself as an NFL coach and inheriting a team that has missed the playoffs for 10 straight years.

Gailey was introduced by general manager Buddy Nix at a new conference which ended a two-month search to replace Dick Jauron, who was fired in November. Gailey takes over a team that finished 6-10 and becomes the Bills' fifth coach since Marv Levy retired after the 1997 season.

Gailey has spent 15 of his 38 years of coaching in the NFL. In his two years coaching the Dallas Cowboys, he went 18-14 and led the team to consecutive playoff appearances -- both losses. He was dismissed after the 1999 season, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has acknowledged his mistake in firing Gailey.

The 58-year-old Gailey acknowledged he didn't know if he'd get another opportunity to be a head coach again.

"If you sit there and say you lose confidence in yourself, no you don't. But then you see opportunities go by. And you hope that your body of work will speak for itself," Gailey said.

For Nix, it was Gailey's extensive background that impressed him and met most of the criteria the GM set out when he took over the search two weeks ago.

Nix was eager to find someone with previous head-coaching experience and an offensive background.

"This guy met more of the criteria than I thought we could find," Nix said. "And this guy's won everywhere he's been. ... He'll get us back to winning and get to where we want to go."

Gailey said he intends to serve as the team's offensive coordinator, and is now assembling a staff.

Gailey has been out of football since he was removed as the Chiefs' offensive coordinator in August, two weeks before the season opener. He was entering his second season with Kansas City after a six-year stretch as Georgia Tech's coach, during which he went 44-33 before being fired in 2007.

The Bills hit several bumps during their coaching search. They spoke with former Steelers coach Bill Cowher in an attempt to lure him out of broadcasting. The team also interviewed former Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan, who instead chose to coach the Washington Redskins. Last week, New York Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer rejected the Bills' request for an interview.

Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier was considered the top candidate after interviewing two weeks ago. Frazier's stock appeared to climb even further after his defense shut down the Cowboys in Minnesota's 34-3 win in the playoffs Sunday.

Gailey has run college and pro teams, including a two-year stint as coach of the World League of American Football Birmingham Fire in 1991-92. He also coached Troy State (1983-84) and Samford (1993).

At Georgia Tech, Gailey led the Yellow Jackets to six bowl appearances, but his time there ended after a 7-5 finish and going 0-6 against rival Georgia.

With Buffalo, Gailey's top priority will be sparking an offense that has finished 25th or worst in yards gained in each of the past seven seasons.

Finding a franchise quarterback would help, too. A combination of injuries and futility led to the Bills to go through three starters this past year. The team has not had a starting quarterback stay for more than three years since Hall of Famer Jim Kelly retired following the 1996 season.

Gailey would also need to warm up to Bills fans, who spent the past two weeks clamoring for the team to hire Cowher. Fans raised $1,125 to rent a billboard in Buffalo last week urging team owner Ralph Wilson to hire Cowher.

Buffalo Bills hire ex-Dallas Cowboys, Georgia Tech coach Chan Gailey as coach - ESPN

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ouch, not the greatest choice.

Comment

• My Buffalo folk on Facebook are talking about pandas and obscure chinese actors....

Oh dear.

Comment

Working...
                                X