Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    LMFAO...Miami came back to win...
    Drinks on the House
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
      Drinks on the House

Oh foir fuck sake, please take bar out of the thread title!

Oh, and your mocha latte is up sir.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Oh foir fuck sake, please take bar out of the thread title!

Oh, and your mocha latte is up sir.
        LMMFAO

[ I mean, actual, real life, Laughing My Mother Fucking Ass Off ]

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Hey, Nick...

My Seahawks are on Monday Night Football this week....

Can you check the Bar Calendar and tell me which night of the week that's scheduled for?

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
            Hey, Nick...

My Seahawks are on Monday Night Football this week....

Can you check the Bar Calendar and tell me which night of the week that's scheduled for?

Night? More like what town!

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
              Night? More like what town!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Fuck!

I went somewhere without a tv, but I had laptop

"Watched" game on comcast or whatever where you have to wait for results of play.

Excruciating, to say the least.

I told you so
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
                  wtf! 21-0 already!

wait, soon Losman will be Jonesing

"I've seen it happen many times on TV, but to have it happen to you really smacks you in the face," quarterback J.P. Losman said. "Nobody will know how this feels unless they've been in the locker room. I can't really describe it, because I'm no Shakespeare."

Losman hit Evans for touchdown passes of 46, 56 and 4 yards but missed chances to close out the victory, losing a fumble on a sack and throwing an interception to end scoring threats. The Bills failed to score on their final 10 possessions.

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Shitty coaching...MULARKY's worst game here yet (he calls the offense, so now we get his "Inspector Gadget" trick play crap)...

All they had to do was run the ball and make a few first downs.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

is this the Bar-Bill?
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Moulds could be suspended by Mularkey

By JOHN WAWROW, AP Sports Writer

December 7, 2005

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Buffalo Bills receiver Eric Moulds could be suspended by coach Mike Mularkey for undisclosed reasons.

Mularkey told Moulds of his plan to suspend him during a meeting Monday, a person who has been directly informed of the discussion told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the team had not yet announced plans to suspend Moulds. The person said Moulds, a three-time Pro Bowl selection, was shocked and confused following the meeting with Mularkey.

The Buffalo News, citing an unidentified NFL source, on Wednesday disclosed Mularkey's intention. The final decision, however, will be up to team owner Ralph Wilson, the newspaper reported.

Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold said he expected Mularkey to address Moulds' status during his weekly news conference later Wednesday.

Moulds and agent Harold Harrison could not be reached for comment. In his 10th season with Buffalo, Moulds is the team's senior player and second to Andre Reed in most of the Bills' career receiving categories.

The Bills (4-8), on the verge of missing the playoffs for the sixth straight season, play the New England Patriots on Sunday.

The dispute comes after Moulds carefully expressed his frustrations and questioned the team's play-calling after he was benched for most of the final three quarters of Buffalo's 24-23 loss at Miami on Sunday.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

COMMENTARY
                            Mularkey's done enough to get fired
                            By LARRY FELSER

12/11/2005

At this point last season, the Bills were in the middle of a six-game winning streak that would propel them to a 9-7 season after an 0-4 start. They had just come from Miami where they overcame a 10-point Dolphins lead to win by 10.

People were convinced that Mike Mularkey, the new coach, really knew what he was doing and that the team's big enchilada, Tom Donahoe, had finally gotten it right after his Gregg Williams debacle.

The Bills had veteran leadership, some promising kids, and Mularkey hired good coaches like Sam Wyche, Bobby April, Jim McNally and Don Blackmon to create the idea the team had a sunny future.

In the last 14 days Mularkey has done enough to get himself fired despite having three years left on his contract. The latest was the Eric Moulds fiasco, which in all likelihood cost him the respect of his team. Whether or not Mularkey actually spoke the word "suspension" to Moulds in their frosty meeting Monday, it's obvious the coach wants to shove the 10-year veteran out the door with a mere month remaining on his career in Buffalo.

Mularkey's beef with the player is that Moulds publicly second-guessed the coach's play-calling in the loss to Miami and complained that he was being ignored in the game plan. Is there anyone left along the Niagara Frontier who isn't second-guessing Mularkey's play calling? An NFL receiver complaining about not getting the ball? Stop the presses! During the Bills' Super Bowl period, Jim Kelly once threw four touchdown passes to Don Beebe against the Steelers. Andre Reed didn't speak to Kelly for a month.

Compared to Terrell Owens, Keyshawn Johnson, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson and others too gaseous to mention, Moulds is a Trappist monk. Salary cap realities will put him in another uniform next season. He deserves to leave with his dignity intact.

Mularkey has displayed a leaden hand when dealing with his players. Sam Adams, recovering from an injury, wanted to play against Carolina two weeks ago. Instead Mularkey gave him the news he would be inactive just a few minutes before the kickoff. Adams' work ethic may need polishing, but he was a Pro Bowl player for the Bills a year ago and his teammates know how he would have helped in a close loss to Carolina. Frankly, I don't think Mularkey is in position to put the squeeze on anyone. Will someone explain why he removed the play-calling from Tom Clements, his offensive coordinator, early in the season? Since Mularkey took over the task we've been treated to Daimon Shelton, the blocking fullback who hadn't carried the football in five seasons, getting the ball on an unsuccessful fourth-down gamble from the Raiders' 1-yard line in the turnaround play of that loss; Mularkey's continuing obsession with gadget plays that backfire; and finally the coup de grace opportunity in Miami that turned into a football suicide.

With a 20-point lead with just over a quarter to play and Buffalo enjoying a first down on the Dolphins' 3-yard line, there was only one thing for a coach in touch with his reasoning powers to do: tell his young, inexperienced and excitable quarterback, "We're running Willis McGahee three times between the tackles. If we don't score a touchdown we kick a gimme field goal for a 23-point lead and there is no way the Dolphins can beat us in the time remaining. Besides, J.P., if you even appear to be getting ready to throw a pass, I'll come out on the field and throttle you."

Carnage followed. The Moulds suspension has made Mularkey nuclear waste in his own locker room. McGahee, his young meal ticket, described the situation as "chaos." Troy Vincent, as strong a leader as the Bills possess, pointedly remarked how difficult it would be to replace a player like Moulds.

Who knows what's going through J.P. Losman's head? After the interception of his pass which turned around the game, the young quarterback went into mourning on his bench during the rest of the game. There was no sign of Mularkey showing up to talk him out of his funk, which is a bigger part of a coach's job than calling plays. Losman's future, after all, is also Mularkey's future.

Since that time what Mularkey has been doing is stonewalling the media.

"This is an in-house matter," he says. He doesn't even know what kind of business he's in. If he worked for Procter and Gamble it would be "an in-house matter." He's in the entertainment business, which operates in a fish bowl. His peers are Britney Spears, Siegfried and Roy, the Goo Goo Dolls, Eminem and Cirque du Soleil. These days the enterprise with which he is involved is not very entertaining.

Larry Felser, former News columnist,
                            appears in Sunday's editions.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

COMMENTARY
                              A tale of two teams: Sabres have upside, Bills do not

Where the Sabres have learned humility, the football team under Donahoe has become suspicious, distant and condescending

12/11/2005
                              By JERRY SULLIVAN

This past Thursday, I was settling in at a party when a huge roar went up in the room. It took me about two seconds to realize the Sabres had just scored in overtime to beat the Mighty Ducks. There is no mistaking the shared, spontaneous joy of Buffalo sports fans when one of their beloved teams does well.

After a week of bumbling incompetence at One Bills Drive, it was nice to be reminded that one of our major sports teams is doing things right. Over the past month, the Sabres have been a revelation, winning 10 of 12 while demonstrating a laudable work ethic and team morale.

Attendance hasn't caught up yet, but there is a rising sense of optimism about the Sabres, a feeling that wondrous things could be in store. Meanwhile, the Bills have become an object of intense public loathing, an organization that has alienated and disgusted its far-flung, faithful fan base.

The suspension of Eric Moulds was an utter embarrassment for the team and its owner, Ralph Wilson, who was forced to arbitrate a dispute between his coach and star receiver. Wilson seemed apologetic about having to support Mike Mularkey and suspend Moulds, whom he called his "friend."

Tom Donahoe, the president and general manager, was conspicuously absent during the Moulds affair. That is not a good sign for the embattled GM. Donahoe's cronies in the national media are already pushing him for his next job. I'm sure there's some gullible NFL owner out there who can be convinced he'd be lucky to get a man of Donahoe's surpassing talents.

Most Bills fans are angry. They're embarrassed to root for a team that has become a hapless reflection of their hometown. Thanks to the wonders of e-mail, I've heard from hundreds of disillusioned fans, many of them transplants who cling to the Bills as an emotional link to their Buffalo heritage.

The other day, a friend told me it must be tough to write harsh things about the Bills' players and management. Actually, it's easy at a time like this. The organization's flaws are numerous and clear. I'm merely giving voice to the frustrations of others.

It's the fans I feel sorry for. They deserve better. They miss having a team that's capable of competing for the championship. It was a delight to cover the Bills during the Super Bowl years, to chronicle the achievements of a great team for a loving community. The same thing goes for the Sabres during their Stanley Cup run in 1999.

Above all, those teams were fun. That's the worst thing about these Bills. There's no fun. They've sapped out most of the joy. It has been fun this year on the few occasions when J.P. Losman played well, which makes it even more infuriating that they pulled the plug on him for a month.

For much of the Donahoe era, the Bills have been a bummer to follow. There's been something essentially hollow and dysfunctional about them. Donahoe has created a siege mentality in the organization. He's run the show with an unwarranted air of arrogance and superiority.

The Sabres are a breath of fresh air by comparison. I've had my disagreements with Larry Quinn and Darcy Regier over the years. I felt it was a mistake for Tom Golisano to re-empower Quinn and to keep Regier in the general manager's job. They still have much to prove.

But they've figured some things out. The Sabres have been humbled by difficult times, by an ownership scandal and an NHL lockout. Like their league, they learned the hard way not to take their fans for granted - to treat them like discerning customers.

The Sabres are finally giving fans a team worth supporting, one that plays with determination and accountability. You get the sense that management had a clear vision for the product it wanted to put on the ice when the NHL began anew. Regier deserves credit for that. He used to whine all the time about the league's economics. It came off as an excuse for his own lack of initiative. But he promised the Sabres would thrive in the new NHL, if the league enforced the rules, and it looks like he was right.

The Sabres have no real stars, just a bunch of resourceful players who reflect this town's blue-collar ethos - while managing to entertain. Thursday's game was dull for two periods, but the third period and overtime were breathtaking, a fan's delight.

For the holidays, the Sabres have released a CD of Rick Jeanneret's greatest calls. It's a terrific idea, an inspired nod to the team's rich hockey heritage.

The Bills seem to be trampling on their own tradition. Where the Sabres have learned humility, the football team under Donahoe has become suspicious, distant and condescending. They are threatening to fumble away their most precious asset - the soul of the community that has supported them.

Wilson must know this. He must realize how this season is playing with his fans. I suspect he'll be get some harsh reminders at today's game with the Patriots, in the stadium that bears his name. There will be plenty of angry customers, many of whom are expected to bring signs that reflect their discontent.

It would not surprise me to see a sign or two that simply read, "Give us back our team."

BuffaloNews

e-mail: jsullivan@buffnews.com

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

STREAKING SABRES

Strong goaltending and diverse scoring ignite hot streak

By TIM GRAHAM
                                News Sports Reporter
                                12/22/2005

Satisfaction isn't the right word.

That would connote a sense of finality for a job well done, a premature mission accomplished, as it were.

Instead, whenever defenseman Jay McKee stops to consider just how much the Buffalo Sabres have achieved so far this season, he feels a reaffirmation for what they're working toward.

"I think everyone on the team feels awful proud of what we've accomplished so far," McKee said. "It's all hard work that's paying off. It feels very rewarding."

An NHL season can seem like a relentless string of games, a constant preparation for the next city, the next opponent. As the 2005-06 campaign blurs past - the midway point is days away - Sabres fans might want to pause and try to fully comprehend all this team has done during a most astonishing run of success.

"When we look at the standings and see our record at 23 wins and 10 losses," said McKee, "my reaction is, "Wow, did that ever come fast.' "

The Sabres are on a borderline-obnoxious roll heading into tonight's game against the Florida Panthers in the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla. The Sabres have won seven in a row, and a victory tonight would give them 10 straight on the road to tie their NHL record from 1983-84.

Their remarkable 15-1-1 run encompasses exactly half of their games played so far. It dates back a month and a week, and has banked them more than a third of the 90 points teams shoot for to make the playoffs.

The Sabres have skyrocketed in the standings. They became the second team in the league to reach 23 wins and entered Wednesday night only two points behind the Ottawa Senators and Detroit Red Wings for the most points in the league.

"We expected to be a good team, but nobody expects something like this," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. "We're almost at the point where we don't even want to talk about it."

Perhaps most impressive is how the Sabres have found ways to win so many nail-biters. On Monday night, after a shootout with the Philadelphia Flyers, the Sabres broke the league record by winning their sixth consecutive one-goal game. Two of them were in sudden death, one in a shootout.

"There have been games that in the past we would have lost," Ruff said. "This team's good enough now where that doesn't happen anymore."

Buffalo is an astounding 13 games over .500 but has outscored the opposition by only seven goals.

Much of that anomaly can be attributed to two factors: a lull in which Buffalo lost six out of seven, and Northeast Division nemesis Ottawa. Take away Buffalo's three losses to Ottawa - by a combined margin of 21-5 - and the Sabres have outscored opponents by 23 goals.

Prior to Philadelphia, the Sabres had averaged four goals a game in their previous six.

"We're really confident that the things we have done right are the reasons for our good success," said goalie Martin Biron, who has won a club-record 13 straight starts. "We also know a lot of good bounces and lucky bounces have gone our way to make that streak continue, but everybody in the locker room is confident they can contribute to this run. It's not relying on any one group of guys."

Over their past 15 victories, 10 Sabres have scored the winning goal.

More incredible yet, co-captain Daniel Briere has played in only six of those wins, while integral winger J.P. Dumont played in two. McKee claimed the Sabres have remained grounded despite their success. He has been amazed at the blue-collar atmosphere that permeates the Sabres' dressing room after a victory.

"We've had games we've won and come back to the room and guys aren't hooting and hollering," McKee said. "In Philadelphia we were (pumped) because it was an emotional win, but guys are going from that to right back to business.

"Guys are pretty humble about what we've done. Everything just seems to get put behind us after each win. We just look forward to the next one."

STREAKING SABRES

Strong goaltending and diverse scoring ignite hot streak

By TIM GRAHAM
                                News Sports Reporter
                                12/22/2005

Satisfaction isn't the right word.

That would connote a sense of finality for a job well done, a premature mission accomplished, as it were.

Instead, whenever defenseman Jay McKee stops to consider just how much the Buffalo Sabres have achieved so far this season, he feels a reaffirmation for what they're working toward.

"I think everyone on the team feels awful proud of what we've accomplished so far," McKee said. "It's all hard work that's paying off. It feels very rewarding."

An NHL season can seem like a relentless string of games, a constant preparation for the next city, the next opponent. As the 2005-06 campaign blurs past - the midway point is days away - Sabres fans might want to pause and try to fully comprehend all this team has done during a most astonishing run of success.

"When we look at the standings and see our record at 23 wins and 10 losses," said McKee, "my reaction is, "Wow, did that ever come fast.' "

The Sabres are on a borderline-obnoxious roll heading into tonight's game against the Florida Panthers in the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla. The Sabres have won seven in a row, and a victory tonight would give them 10 straight on the road to tie their NHL record from 1983-84.

Their remarkable 15-1-1 run encompasses exactly half of their games played so far. It dates back a month and a week, and has banked them more than a third of the 90 points teams shoot for to make the playoffs.

The Sabres have skyrocketed in the standings. They became the second team in the league to reach 23 wins and entered Wednesday night only two points behind the Ottawa Senators and Detroit Red Wings for the most points in the league.

"We expected to be a good team, but nobody expects something like this," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. "We're almost at the point where we don't even want to talk about it."

Perhaps most impressive is how the Sabres have found ways to win so many nail-biters. On Monday night, after a shootout with the Philadelphia Flyers, the Sabres broke the league record by winning their sixth consecutive one-goal game. Two of them were in sudden death, one in a shootout.

"There have been games that in the past we would have lost," Ruff said. "This team's good enough now where that doesn't happen anymore."

Buffalo is an astounding 13 games over .500 but has outscored the opposition by only seven goals.

Much of that anomaly can be attributed to two factors: a lull in which Buffalo lost six out of seven, and Northeast Division nemesis Ottawa. Take away Buffalo's three losses to Ottawa - by a combined margin of 21-5 - and the Sabres have outscored opponents by 23 goals.

Prior to Philadelphia, the Sabres had averaged four goals a game in their previous six.

"We're really confident that the things we have done right are the reasons for our good success," said goalie Martin Biron, who has won a club-record 13 straight starts. "We also know a lot of good bounces and lucky bounces have gone our way to make that streak continue, but everybody in the locker room is confident they can contribute to this run. It's not relying on any one group of guys."

Over their past 15 victories, 10 Sabres have scored the winning goal.

More incredible yet, co-captain Daniel Briere has played in only six of those wins, while integral winger J.P. Dumont played in two. McKee claimed the Sabres have remained grounded despite their success. He has been amazed at the blue-collar atmosphere that permeates the Sabres' dressing room after a victory.

"We've had games we've won and come back to the room and guys aren't hooting and hollering," McKee said. "In Philadelphia we were (pumped) because it was an emotional win, but guys are going from that to right back to business.

"Guys are pretty humble about what we've done. Everything just seems to get put behind us after each win. We just look forward to the next one."

e-mail: tgraham@buffnews.com

Comment

Working...