Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJMcClure
    Groupie
    • Apr 2005

I finally got my hands on a copy of this today. I used to have a copy of this on cassette and even had Dave sign it for me after he played a gig here back in '94. I haven't heard a lot of these songs in a very long time. Sure I've heard A little Aint Enough and Sensible Shoes on Daves Best of CD but its been a while since my ears have been with Hammerhead Shark and Last Call. Tonights the night!

Comment

• Loons The Great

Wellah...wellah...Wellahhh...Yez Yezzah...

Some of these tunes have riffs that reminds me of otha tunes nah one time yez:

Shoot It--Brown Sugar(The Rolling Stones)

Baby's On Fire--Immigrant Song

Sensible Shoes--Born On The Bayou

40 Below--Whole Lotta Rosie?

Tell The Truth--reminds me of an outtake from the '86 movie, "Crossroads"

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

last call...walk this way...I mean...it's the obvious cover song of the album
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Loons The Great

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
          last call...walk this way...I mean...it's the obvious cover song of the album
          Good call on Last Call 'Natra, might as well call the tune, Walk This Way Part 2.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Loons The Great
            Good call on Last Call 'Natra, might as well call the tune, Walk This Way Part 2.
            if I was perry/tyler I'd have sued dave's ass back then...
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Loons The Great

I think "Beautiful Girls" mines that same groove, too.

Comment

• trueblue
                Groupie
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Lloyd Anger
                I wouldn't say "nobody"

Sales has a shitload to do with this whole game but integrity and truth within has outweighed that. I truly believe Dave follows his gut and not his bankroll.
                As the years roll on, the more I am convinced that your comment above must be spot-on true...Although I don't love all DLR solo stuff equally, I admire Dave's integrity, vitality and guts to follow his own instincts and make records that reflect his own musical moods at that time...I don't know or care much about the sales stats and commercial glory of each of Dave's solo records, but for me it's been a bumpy ride with his albums...It's been alternately one great-one average album with me...the superb EEAS followed by SS which i love-n-hate, then ALAE that i like a whole lot followed by a mostly pedestrian YFLM, then my all-time fave DLR succeeded by a mostly dud DD record...I'm due for a smash-hit next release...Here's hoping..
                Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm constantly amazed at the choices other dudes make----DLR

Comment

Working...