X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trueblue
    Groupie
    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Don Corleone
    Natra - I'm reading in todays papers that your guys are hoping to avoid England in the 2nd round, is this true?

I watched the game on Friday (Germany vs Costa Rica) and I think you'd take us.
    hey Don i find that incredible..do you have any quotes on this??...cos i feel this German team plays quite recklessly but fearlessly too all through the last 2 years......in fact i got the opposite and more obvious take on this issue about England v Germany games...i just read about David Beckham and another player (I forget now which one), reportedly saying that they badly wanna avoid Germany in the knockout stages and facing them in a 'shoot-out' would be an "absolute nightmare"....btw, the opening game against Costa Rica gave me mixed feelings...rousing attack but the usual pathetic defence...and it ended up only 4-2...playing like they did would guarantee the result in reverse when Germany plays against stronger opponents...but then again, England hardly made anybody (much less Germany) tremble with fear by their 'heat-induced', "own-goal-inspired' win against Paraguay..
    Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm constantly amazed at the choices other dudes make----DLR

Comment

• jero
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Wawazat
      place your bets & shut up
      Cool! I would bet Kroatia- Brasil 2-1

Comment

• jero
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Gooooooooooooooooood comeback Australia

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

couldn't post yesterday...congratz to holland not impressive but effective...robben was good! and chapeau to the aussies! you fucking DESERVED it!!!

and I'm LMFAO about pojo posting in this thread...

this Worldcup looks like a hell of a party so far...england sucked, argentina was ok, holland was ok...can't wait for tommorrow and I'm curious what italy will bring to the table...
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• trueblue
            Groupie
            • Feb 2006

i'm over the moon guys...where's Grant and my fellow Aussies??.....i knew we could get past Japan and we did...and in fantastic style.. 2nd half was Australia all the way...second round beckons and Brazil and Croatia have been warned....wish i could celebrate with our heroes for making late night viewing end in joy.....wanna hear what ya all think?...Is USA gonna follow our lead against the Czechs??..slim chance i reckon..but i'd be delighted if they pull off a shocker and win...Meantime, Australia is the show-stopper right now..
            Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm constantly amazed at the choices other dudes make----DLR

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

I hope this game was not too hard for your socceroos...it was very hot and they played a fast game in that heat...fuck kroatia! aussie and brazil next round!
              Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

Weird hearing the National Anthem sung over there.

I was thinking they were going to boo it or something.

Is the US playing in a dome or something, Natra? Didn't know they had domed soccer stadiums over there.
                Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                  alright you no good bastards!!! I opened the forum where we can predict the games. the site gives the points automatically...the only problem is, it is in german...that could make it a bit difficult for some of you to get through the manual...it's rather simple anyway if I explain it to you (we have plenty of time since it begins)

let the games begin:

you go here: http://www.kicktipp.de/natras

then you got to "mitglied werden" (become member)

then you enter your nick, password and email

you're in!!!

to play:

go to "tippabgabe" enter the results and save at the bottom

I hope the english speakin' people can handle it or maybe you find a similar site in english were we can play. but I can tell you that I know this site for years and it's really good and the point system is great...

hope we'll meet there!
                  Questions

a) Why the fuck don't I get any points for correctly predicting England would only score 1 goal in the opening game? 5-1 to Paraguay should still get me something.

b) How did I end up bottom of the league already?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ahh shit I forgot to put any predictions on for today.

My German sucked. I've now found the option to see it in English.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Oof 1-0 to the Czechs already.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        Ahh shit I forgot to put any predictions on for today.

My German sucked. I've now found the option to see it in English.
                        shit...I see it now..."persönliche einstellung" gives you the opportunity to see all the shit in english or french...
                        Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

Hello socceraholic Freunde.

I'm just out of a ten-day mess without an Internet connection, but I could see nearly all the matches. And no team really showed anything noticeable - but they maybe preserve their energies for the next rounds.
                          Even the team I think will win - Holland - still has everything to prove IMO.
                          Only Germany started big - four goals! - but revealed a rather fragile defence.
                          Tomorrow France begins their championship vs Switzerland... A really good time in perspective, as in the pub I like to see matches there are always a few Swiss chaps with big loud mouths. French people are convinced that the French team is the best one, always the same old song.
                          It'll be all the more delicious to see their faces when Zidane and co will be sent back home in the quarterfinals.

It's great to see Australia win a match, what if European and South American teams started to lose ground to the "rest of the world"? Then maybe soccer could become a real worldwide sport, which it isn't yet.

France 2:2 Switzerland
                          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Well Fuck Piss Shit!! Damn Czechs scored a goal!

Comment

• DlocRoth
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

FUCK!! Reyna off the post!!
                              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                                ...or french...
                                I missed that. I have to go back there. Thanx DLN!
                                posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Working...