X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BOMBER
    We're hearing over here that Guus Hiddink is front runner for the Pommie job.
    That is of course after he's led Australia to World Cup glory.
    I read that, too...sven göran said so to some journalist...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

Now here's a question about the game. Here in Frogland it seems everybody is convinced that player alone holds the keys to whay they think is a possible victory of the "blue"... It gets on my nerves, personally. There must be something special in Zidane's technique, way of playing and organising the strategies, but, really, I know he might be a great player, but is he really that indispensable, as French observers will claim?
      If you take the results of Real Madrid over the years, you can but see that other teams are able to - not always, but maybe once out of twice - get ahead of them, whereas "the monk" doesn't play with them (Barcelona FC, mostly).
      To be precise, that cult of personality around Zidane gets on my nerves like hell. They sell him as a messiah - come on, even a football messiah, it's nothing but foot-ball, isn't it? So, what's your take at that, buds, you who are like neutral on the subject?

That's it, take your head with both hands, my cousin... With both hands...
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Wawazat
        ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

it's nothing but foot-ball ??
        Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

well...it was the same with lothar since 1990 and he wasn't that much of a god either...and no messiah at all...but he had a very strong will of winning and maybe that's the secret...winners are willing to do what losers don't...sometimes it's as simple as that...
          Roth Army Icon

Comment

• jero
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
            well...it was the same with lothar since 1990 and he wasn't that much of a god either...and no messiah at all...but he had a very strong will of winning and maybe that's the secret...winners are willing to do what losers don't...sometimes it's as simple as that...
            Wasn't that much of a god?? he was the god of the schwalbe!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Wawazat
              it's nothing but foot-ball ??
              Just teasing!...

Matthaus (ist seine Name richtig?), what a phenomenon! Maybe the longest career on top? I see what you mean about will power, he was like the heart of the Manschaft, surely more than a player in the team, that's right. Maybe Zidane plays about the same role, even if he's not the same guy at all (he's a bit dull as person IMO, but it's more about his technique and skills as far as leading the tactical schemes).
              It's only the soppiness of the French media that gets on my nerves... Last year they relayed Zidane's tale in which he explained that he had a "supernatural experience", communicating with some late member of his family (maybe his brother, I'm not sure), which made him decide to join the national team again. Well, I say, why not?

But then, the media started dealing with that in a most serious way, almost like the seer had a vision and so on... :confused:
              Then Zidane revealed that his words had been misinterpreted (but then, he is so unclear himself), that all the soppy hype around an anecdote had been based on gross distortion.
              When the press reaches such a level of subservience, going as far as monopolizing paper, radio and TV news headlines for such neglectible matters, then it's a very short way to tyranny, isn't it
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think Zidane is a bit past his best now. Has been for a few years.

Comment

• BOMBER
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Oct 2004

and don't forget kahn...he had a great "comeback" last year...he alone can get us into the final...so...we got two...and a lot of hope

I understand your bitter feelings for our coach...1990 again...
                  Is Kahn going to be keeping or Lehmann?

Comment

• jero
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Steven Gerrard:

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BOMBER
                      Is Kahn going to be keeping or Lehmann?
                      Kahn...
                      Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Wawazat
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

Kahn...
                        Brasilian laughter in the background

Comment

• jero
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Wawazat
                          Brasilian laughter in the background
                          And a little bit laughter in the rest of the world to!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jero
                            And a little bit laughter in the rest of the world to!
                            when was the last time a dutch goalie made it "world's best keeper" three times in a row? just curious...
                            Roth Army Icon

Comment

• jero
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

when was the last time a dutch goalie made it "world's best keeper" three times in a row? just curious...
                              I don't know, what I do know is that Dutch goalies are used to lose finals

Comment

• Wawazat
                                ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

once upon a time era

Comment

Working...