X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

I wonder what the fuck is going to happen if Brazil plays against Argentina? BTW, I bet those English soccer hooligans (or BNP voters as they are referred to in the off-season) will be traveling to Brazil this year, since they aren't banned in that country.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
      Another good thing about the World Cup is that my local club (Atlanta Silverbacks) will be playing a depleted Real Salt Lake team consisting mostly of a reserve squad, in the 4th round of the U.S. Open Cup (The American equivalent to the FA Cup). Which is the first time they will go up against an MLS team at Silverbacks Park.
      Well then, go Atlanta!

But how come such a big city as Atlanta doesn't have a stronger team yet? I know the US are only beginning to take notice of soccer,
      but it seems to be taking some time.

How is the American team doing this time? I see they're in group G with Germany, Portugal and Ghana: it will be tough!
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
        Well then, go Atlanta!

But how come such a big city as Atlanta doesn't have a stronger team yet? I know the US are only beginning to take notice of soccer,
        but it seems to be taking some time.

How is the American team doing this time? I see they're in group G with Germany, Portugal and Ghana: it will be tough!
        The Atlanta Silverbacks are a second-tier club in the NASL. Which is the equivalent to Ligue 2, SkyBet Championship, Serie B, etc. I have heard rumors of Atlanta having an MLS expansion team in the near future and will play at the Georgia Dome when the NFL team leaves, but I can't confirm if this is true.

In Group G, I'm not worried about Germany since the head coach of team USA use to play for them. Ghana kept the USA out of the quarterfinals last time, so that team will be a pain in the ass to beat. As for Portugal, that will be unpredictable since the record between them is 2-2-1. They just have to avoid contact with that pussy Ronaldo.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

In Group G, I'm not worried about Germany since the head coach of team USA use to play for them.
          Well, if you think it's enough not to worry about it...

As for Portugal, that will be unpredictable since the record between them is 2-2-1. They just have to avoid contact with that pussy Ronaldo.
          Now this is a fairly good record vs Portugal!

Avoiding contact with Ronaldo... ... while not giving him too much room, hard task. I'll watch that particular match thinking about it for sure!
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Seems there was a fix on...

Confidential Fifa report details incidents four years ago in South Africa where referees helped rig matches for Singapore betting syndicate
            Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-01-2014, 05:26 PM. Reason: fixed link

Comment

• BITEYOASS
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Well, if you think it's enough not to worry about it...
              I forgot to mention that USA defeated Germany 4-3 last year in DC for an international friendly which coincided with the 100th anniversary of the US Soccer Federation.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Nov 2004

I forgot to mention that USA defeated Germany 4-3 last year in DC for an international friendly which coincided with the 100th anniversary of the US Soccer Federation.
                How will DLN comment this result? I'm curious.

Seriously, I wish the US team the best anyway.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

BTW, is France going back to its head butting tactics? LOL On a side note, Zidane is quite a fuckin' asshole for joining the Qatar world cup bid.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Nov 2004

BTW, is France going back to its head butting tactics? LOL On a side note, Zidane is quite a fuckin' asshole for joining the Qatar world cup bid.
                    Quite an a$$ that is...

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

I hope your team is training in French Guiana before heading to Brazil. Otherwise, you're going to wind up with a bunch of French men passing out from heat stroke. Which is what happened to the Norway team when they played in Los Angeles during the 1994 World Cup.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Quite an a$$ that is...
                        I just love his excuse. That he wants an Arab nation to win because he is Arab as well. Last time I checked he was born in France of Algerian descent, and most of them are Berber. Not to mention that a lot of Algerians are probably working in Qatar under slave-like conditions.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

He's a Kabyle, even, that is not an Arab indeed.

As for the French team, I don't see them go very far beyond their group (the weakest of all, BTW).

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Zidane is the second best footballer I've ever seen and I'll always be grateful for the head butt on materazzi .

Oh the first is George best .

Though secretly it's Peter Beardsley but you wouldn't beeline me
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Nov 2004

The French team played splendid games between 1982 and 1986 - 2 semi finals, European and Olympic champions in '84. The players were gentlemen, compared to those who have been part of it since 2002.

The Zidane years were great too - '98 world champions, European champions in 2000... But I'd rather remember the Platini years, they had something more.

Here they beat Brasil after a sensational match. Goalkeeper Joel Bats played incredibly well. A great memory - I would support them back then as they had panache.

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Ribery out jerome , bit of a kick in the nuts.
                                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...